ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock 2/26/21
kccrow 12:47 AM 02-26-2021
Restructures/Extensions
Restructure QB Patrick Mahomes, DT Chris Jones, WR Tyreek Hill roster bonuses into signing bonuses
Chiefs ask LT Eric Fisher to take a pay cut and put him on the PUP.
Extend SS Tyrann Mathieu for 3 years.

Re-Sign FAs
Chiefs sign to 1-year veteran minimum deals:
WR Byron Pringle
RB Darrell Williams

Tenders
CB Charvarius Ward, 2nd Rd RFA
OG Andrew Wylie, Original Rd RFA
TE Nick Kiezer, ERFA
CB DeAndre Baker ERFA (Making an assumption here that him being an ERFA is correct, apparently depends on the contract he signed)

Sign FAs
SS Lano Hill (SEA) - 1 year vet min
WR John Ross (CIN) - 1 year vet min + incentives
DE Romeo Okwara (DET) - 3 years, $33.0M
WR Rashard Higgins (CLE) - 2 years, $8.5M

Draft

Round 1 | 31 - OT Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6'7" 308)
Round 2 | 63 - LB Baron Browning, Ohio State (6'3" 240)
Round 3 | 94 - TE Hunter Long, Boston College (6'5" 255)
Round 4 | 133 - DT Khyiris Tonga, Brigham Young (6'4" 322)
Round 4 | 140 (Comp) - OC Michal Menet, Penn State (6'4" 306)
Round 5 | 171 - DE Jonathan Cooper, Ohio State (6'4" 257)
Round 5 | 175 (Comp) - DB Joshuah Bledsoe, Missouri (6'0" 201)
Round 6 | 209 (f/Miami) - WR Josh Palmer, Tennessee (6'1" 209)

Roster
QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams

WR: T. Hill, R. Higgins, M. Hardman, B. Pringle, J. Ross, J. Palmer
TE: T. Kelce, H. Long, N. Keizer

LT: S. Cosmi, E. Fisher (PUP)
LG: A. Wylie, M. Rankin
OC: N. Allegretti, M. Menet
RG: L. Duvernay-Tardif, Y. Durant
RT: M. Schwartz, L. Niang

DE: F. Clark, J. Cooper
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, K. Saunders, K. Tonga
DE: R. Okwara, M. Danna, T. Ward

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: A. Hitchens
WLB: B. Browning, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, R. Fenton, T. Keyes, D. Baker
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, L. Hill, J. Bledsoe, A. Watts

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
el borracho 05:26 PM 02-26-2021
Plan looks good and seems reasonable.

Chiefs have to come up with solutions at LT and a C. Your plan matches my personal preference to move on from Fisher. Fisher is very expensive. He almost certainly won't be worth the money this year. One could argue that he will or won't be worth it in the future, but his injury makes it a convenient position to get cheaper and I hope the Chiefs move on to a long-term replacement.

I'm not sure the Chiefs will invest an early pick on a TE2, but I wouldn't argue against it. Honestly, I would hate to see what happens to our offense if Kelce were to get hurt and we have had nothing behind him for years. Feels like we have been free solo climbing without health insurance- thrilling, but you only get away with that for so long.

I am a little surprised to see you take a run-stuffing DT before a DE but maybe you know something I don't. I do hope the Chiefs take a DT but I am hoping they get another penetrating DT like Barmore or Nixon.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:38 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Plan looks good and seems reasonable.

I am a little surprised to see you take a run-stuffing DT before a DE but maybe you know something I don't. I do hope the Chiefs take a DT but I am hoping they get another penetrating DT like Barmore or Nixon.
Hedging against the potential to lose Nnadi, who is a FA after the season, plus providing a replacement for Pennel (30% of defensive snaps last year).

I actually aligned this mock positionally to fit with the highest hit rates per round by position.
[Reply]
el borracho 05:41 PM 02-26-2021
Any idea what kind of money Nnadi will get in his next contract? Doesn't seem like he would break the bank if the Chiefs wanted to keep him.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:47 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Any idea what kind of money Nnadi will get in his next contract? Doesn't seem like he would break the bank if the Chiefs wanted to keep him.
That's the thing, I don't really know. He's a really solid nose. Some have received some pretty lucrative contracts of late. Michael Pierce at 9 per, Linval Joseph at 8.5 per, Brandon Williams at 7.9 per, Vernon Butler at 7.5 per, Star Lotuleilei at 6.2 per.

I can say with confidence the floor is 4.0 per.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 07:00 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
And the problem in the SuperBowl wasn't with our Weapons. It was with our Offensive Line. All the weapons in the world isn't saving that atrocity. If ANYTHING you should be clamoring to stack the O-line with talent so we don't watch that shit show again.
I'm not sold on this. It seemed to me that even when mahomes had time to throw he couldn't find an open wr. The same thing has happened in the past when a defense takes away kelce and hill like when the patriots did it to us multiple times. In the past, Watkins has stepped up some. Ww definitely need another wr to do that bc Watkins doesn't anymore.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:48 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
I'm not sold on this. It seemed to me that even when mahomes had time to throw he couldn't find an open wr. The same thing has happened in the past when a defense takes away kelce and hill like when the patriots did it to us multiple times. In the past, Watkins has stepped up some. Ww definitely need another wr to do that bc Watkins doesn't anymore.
I haven't disagreed about an X WR at any time. I do disagree heavily with the notion that Veach should add a bunch of weapons for Mahomes to not have time to throw to.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:10 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I haven't disagreed about an X WR at any time. I do disagree heavily with the notion that Veach should add a bunch of weapons for Mahomes to not have time to throw to.
Why can't he do both?

They don't need to draft more than 2 of anything. They don't really need to draft more than 1.

I think you're going to end up very disappointed when they don't draft an OT because Fisher is coming back.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:52 AM 02-27-2021
I like Cosmi.

As I see more other mocks, I realize I really get stuck when a LB is one of the first two picks.

I like addressing DE/pass rush in free agency with Okwara, and I like the Higgins add.

But bringing in Higgins and John Ross just seems like too light of an investment opposite Kelce and Hill. Especially when you’re projecting a round 2 pick on Browning.

It seems crazy to not take advantage of the depth and talent at WR in this class.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:35 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Why can't he do both?

They don't need to draft more than 2 of anything. They don't really need to draft more than 1.

I think you're going to end up very disappointed when they don't draft an OT because Fisher is coming back.
If Fisher actually comes back, I won't be disappointed.

What I'll be disappointed in is if they don't take a tackle and Fisher doesn't come back.

Another thing that won't make me disappointed is passing on WR again despite the need. He did it last year when everyone wanted recievers. Don't be so surprised to see him do it again.

I think my logic has followed that he doesn't need to draft more than one of anything but he certainly needs 2 somethings in areas in a combined fashion, draft and FA.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up