ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 40
« First < 293536373839 40 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The logic of drafting OT in the 1st.
Direckshun 01:23 PM 01-21-2021
What we know about this team is that it typically likes to fill its roster out as much as possible in free agency and then spend its highest picks on potential replacements for job openings a year down the road, and that includes Veach.

I doubt I even need to run down the list but:

2020: CEH --> Williams
2019: Hardman --> Hill/Watkins
2018: Speaks --> Ford/Houston
2017: Mahomes --> Smith

Fisher will be on the last year of his contract, and most of us suspect Schwartz retiring.

The Chiefs obviously like Niang but going OT 1st gives them the options:It just seems like the kind of move that gives them the flexibility in future decisions that they like to have.

I'd rather they go DE, even if it means trading up for one. But based on what we know, OT could ostensibly solve up to two different OL spots in 2021 and gives them all kinds of options in 2022 based on how 2021 goes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:10 AM 03-07-2021
Dickerson's injury history is a non-starter for me.

You guys know how I am about guys that can't play because they're hurt all the time.

I'm just starting to get the sense that it's something the Chiefs might actually do.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:14 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

You guys know how I am about guys that can't play because they're hurt all the time.

I'm just starting to get the sense that it's something the Chiefs might actually do.
It’s not a risk I’m personally willing to take at 31. At 63? Fine. But you’re absolutely right. It’s a legitimate possibility that everybody should prepare for.

I will however say this, if we took him at 31 and he stays healthy, we got one hell of a player.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:19 AM 03-07-2021
I mean this guy is NASTY. He’s the kind of guy that changes the culture and attitude of the OL like Clark and Mathieu did defensively.

Flex on em’ Landon Dickerson...#PassProIsNotPassive pic.twitter.com/1H07fZ0t8B

— Cole Cubelic (@colecubelic) September 29, 2019

Show up for the double by @AlabamaFTBL RG & RT Landon Dickerson & Jedrick Wills...wait for the extra sauce at the end. pic.twitter.com/hNjN0JGaXT

— Cole Cubelic (@colecubelic) September 30, 2019

Again, not a risk I’m willing to take at 31. Just trying to show why the NFL loves this guy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:45 AM 03-07-2021
I look at Little as a Niang clone.

TONS of talent, absolutely COULD be the best OT in this class. But there was the injury, and then covid opt out, and there's just not much tape there.

But they don't let dummies into Stanford, and he's got all the physical attributes.

It might take a year, but I think his ceiling is very high, and his floor fairly high too.

I doubt he'll go in round one. Maybe in two, but all the various draft engines are ranking him in the third. If that's where he goes, that would be a steal I think.

IF we were able to drop out of #31 to 40-ish, nab an extra 3rd and pick him up we'd be in really good shape at OT moving forward.

That's no small thing.

*okay, so...in the same way that Niang LOOKS like Roaf, in the way he's built and the way he moves...Little looks like Bakhtiari to me. Not saying either reaches those status of players, just saying they look the part, move the same way, etc. I can see that projection. Which is, of course, wishful thinking.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:51 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I mean this guy is NASTY. He’s the kind of guy that changes the culture and attitude of the OL like Clark and Mathieu did defensively.

Again, not a risk I’m willing to take at 31. Just trying to show why the NFL loves this guy.
I get it, I love it too. I just see a very similar player when I watch Meinerz tape, and he's not got a laundry list of injury problems.

and of course, I get it, different level of competition. But the nasty streak is the same.

All those injuries though. Man.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:53 AM 03-07-2021

I'm not FER it.

But I could understand it.

Picking #31 or #32 every year, you're going to have to get a little lucky; and maybe taking a chance on a player who drops not due to talent but something other than that is how you can stay on top.

But man, so many injuries with that guy.

I kind of feel similar about Jaelen Phillips.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:50 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I look at Little as a Niang clone.

TONS of talent, absolutely COULD be the best OT in this class. But there was the injury, and then covid opt out, and there's just not much tape there.

But they don't let dummies into Stanford, and he's got all the physical attributes.

It might take a year, but I think his ceiling is very high, and his floor fairly high too.

I doubt he'll go in round one. Maybe in two, but all the various draft engines are ranking him in the third. If that's where he goes, that would be a steal I think.

IF we were able to drop out of #31 to 40-ish, nab an extra 3rd and pick him up we'd be in really good shape at OT moving forward.

That's no small thing.

*okay, so...in the same way that Niang LOOKS like Roaf, in the way he's built and the way he moves...Little looks like Bakhtiari to me. Not saying either reaches those status of players, just saying they look the part, move the same way, etc. I can see that projection. Which is, of course, wishful thinking.
IMO, I believe Walker Little will be guy Veach will target because he's Reid's prototypical OT
[Reply]
RunKC 08:24 AM 03-07-2021

He’s started at every single position on the OL in college as well so he’s a good prospect, he’s just a broke dick.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:41 AM 03-07-2021
I really do understand the Dickerson love. He’s perfect save for the injury history. That’s a big blemish, though.

Personally, a the best situation IMO is a trade down scenario where they end up in position to secure Little and grab one of Humphrey or Meinerz. Pair that with a FA bandaid for LT and I think you’ve got the OL addressed and set up well for the future.

They get an upgrade at C immediately and have a couple of different ways to attack both LT and RT if Fisher and Schwartz aren’t able to go or get reinjured.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:20 AM 03-07-2021
What do you guys think of Spence Brown out of Northern Iowa? Everything I have read and seen on him seem like a good fit here, and could be someone we could get in the 2nd for sure, and possibly the 3rd. Almost 6-9. 315, benches 500 lbs. Runs a sub 5 40. Seems like a guy that would fit our MO.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:22 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
What do you guys think of Spence Brown out of Northern Iowa? Everything I have read and seen on him seem like a good fit here, and could be someone we could get in the 2nd for sure, and possibly the 3rd. Almost 6-9. 315, benches 500 lbs. Runs a sub 5 40. Seems like a guy that would fit our MO.
Yea he’s absolutely a fit and I’m sure there’s some interest there.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:57 PM 03-07-2021
Liam Eichenberg

That’s the popular name on Chiefs Twitter. I could see them taking him
[Reply]
staylor26 09:20 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Liam Eichenberg

That’s the popular name on Chiefs Twitter. I could see them taking him
Serious question. What/who is considered Chiefs Twitter? Fans? Media?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:32 PM 03-07-2021
Give me Dillon Radunz or James Hudson.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:49 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Serious question. What/who is considered Chiefs Twitter? Fans? Media?
Arrowhead pride, bj kissel, reporters like Herbie and Nate and many other chiefs fans.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 40
« First < 293536373839 40 >
Up