ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The logic of drafting OT in the 1st.
Direckshun 01:23 PM 01-21-2021
What we know about this team is that it typically likes to fill its roster out as much as possible in free agency and then spend its highest picks on potential replacements for job openings a year down the road, and that includes Veach.

I doubt I even need to run down the list but:

2020: CEH --> Williams
2019: Hardman --> Hill/Watkins
2018: Speaks --> Ford/Houston
2017: Mahomes --> Smith

Fisher will be on the last year of his contract, and most of us suspect Schwartz retiring.

The Chiefs obviously like Niang but going OT 1st gives them the options:It just seems like the kind of move that gives them the flexibility in future decisions that they like to have.

I'd rather they go DE, even if it means trading up for one. But based on what we know, OT could ostensibly solve up to two different OL spots in 2021 and gives them all kinds of options in 2022 based on how 2021 goes.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:52 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Probably a little later than mid-round. He was inconsistent at tackle but could definitely play inside in the NFL. I think he'll likely be a 5th round pick at this point.
Yes. Nice prospect if you can get him at the right price. I think he might be able to play RT in the NFL, but he's a little raw. I don't think he's ever played inside at Iowa.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:44 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Yes. Nice prospect if you can get him at the right price. I think he might be able to play RT in the NFL, but he's a little raw. I don't think he's ever played inside at Iowa.
He hasn't but he doesn't really have the length to play outside. He's a "box" guy so he would likely operate better inside with guys to either side of him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:19 AM 02-16-2021
Man, one thing is for sure:

There is no consensus this year on anyone outside the top maybe 20 guys. Everyone else's boards are all over the place. Some mocks have guys going late first/early second and other mocks have them as fourth rounders. I mean it's really all over the place.

I don't expect that to change, honestly. It's going to come down to scouting and scheme fits because there won't be the work-out warrior thing as guys shoot up due to the combine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

There is no consensus this year on anyone outside the top maybe 20 guys. Everyone else's boards are all over the place. Some mocks have guys going late first/early second and other mocks have them as fourth rounders. I mean it's really all over the place.

I don't expect that to change, honestly. It's going to come down to scouting and scheme fits because there won't be the work-out warrior thing as guys shoot up due to the combine.
Yeah, there's some weird takes out there for sure.

I saw a Zeirlein (I think it was) mock where he had 6 ILB going in the 1st round.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:26 AM 02-16-2021
Yeah, there's some weird takes out there for sure.

I saw a Zeirlein (I think it was) mock where he had 6 ILB going in the 1st round.
It's weird, but I have to think it will favor stable organizations. We should have a good draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 AM 02-16-2021
It's weird, but I have to think it will favor stable organizations. We should have a good draft.
I agree. It sure seemed to be okay last year for us.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:56 AM 02-16-2021

Thats actually great news, plus with no combine... Advantage Veach!
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:16 PM 02-16-2021
So maybe not in the first but what about James Hudson out of Cincy?

Converted from d line to LT and in 2 years he gave up 0 sacks and only 6 pressures.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:45 PM 02-16-2021
Dead fucking wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Did I mention wrong?

WRONG.
:-)

Yeah, I sure hope the Chiefs draft a tackle in every round! That'll fix all of their issues!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:54 PM 02-16-2021
The Combine isn't happening this year in Indy so the draft will be even more risky than in past years.

And to be quite honest, I don't think there's a tackle at #31 in this draft that can start in Week 1, whether it's Left or Right, so if Fisher and Schwartz are both out for the year, the Chiefs will need to sign guys in free agency.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:17 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So maybe not in the first but what about James Hudson out of Cincy?

Converted from d line to LT and in 2 years he gave up 0 sacks and only 6 pressures.
James Hudson and D’Ante Smith are my guys in the 3rd. Walker Little if we want to see if he slides into the 3rd and trade up too.

There’s value at OT in rounds 2-3, no need to reach for one in the 1st.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:24 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
James Hudson and D’Ante Smith are my guys in the 3rd. Walker Little if we want to see if he slides into the 3rd and trade up too.

There’s value at OT in rounds 2-3, no need to reach for one in the 1st.
Didn't read all of the previous posts but if that is the case then who do you like in the first? Or do you trade down to gain more picks? Do you trade our 1st for a player on another team? Just curious of your thoughts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:38 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Didn't read all of the previous posts but if that is the case then who do you like in the first? Or do you trade down to gain more picks? Do you trade our 1st for a player on another team? Just curious of your thoughts.
It depends on the board but there should be value at both DE and WR at #31, in addition to OT. If things fall right, trading down would be a good option.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:58 PM 02-16-2021
It depends on the board but there should be value at both DE and WR at #31, in addition to OT. If things fall right, trading down would be a good option.
Thanks just wanted to follow along and get feedbacks. Another crazy year!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:28 PM 02-16-2021
I've rarely been critical Chiefs since Reid took over in 2013, other than some questionable contracts and draftees by John Dorsey, but I have to say, I am very disappointed by the fact that the Chiefs haven't directly addressed the timetable for Schwartz and Fisher's recovery/return.

The season is over, both men ended last season on IR and they don't need to play any games with the roster.

They've had plenty of time to appraise the fans of their injury status, so what's the holdup?
[Reply]
Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Up