ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 34
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>TheDraftNetwork.com's mock draft machine is pretty great.
Direckshun 01:41 AM 01-15-2021
Try it out here.

Post your results.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:23 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Give me Terry and Darden if we go OL or DL early.

Then KC has Tyreek Hill, Terry, Darden, and Mecole plus Kelce.

That's enough to mess people up real bad.
Yea I’d love to double down if we don’t get a WR early.

If we’re going to wait till day 3 on a WR, it would be smart to hedge our bets with an X and a slot guy, and if we hit on both, ohhhh boy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:29 PM 03-03-2021
This isn’t Chiefs related but I’m doing another mock draft and the Jets gave up the following to go from 2 to 1 for Lawrence.

#2, #23, #34, a 2022 1st and a 2022 2nd.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:39 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This isn’t Chiefs related but I’m doing another mock draft and the Jets gave up the following to go from 2 to 1 for Lawrence.

#2, #23, #34, a 2022 1st and a 2022 2nd.
It's worth it to get a franchise QB.

But I think the Jets may have a chance to get the better player at 2.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:43 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It's worth it to get a franchise QB.

But I think the Jets may have a chance to get the better player at 2.
FWIW....Chris Simms has released his QB list and he has Zach Wilson at #1 and Lawrence at #2.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:43 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea I’d love to double down if we don’t get a WR early.

If we’re going to wait till day 3 on a WR, it would be smart to hedge our bets with an X and a slot guy, and if we hit on both, ohhhh boy.
SDSU's Cade Johnson also would fit for the slot.

I think he's less explosive but a lot more polished and dangerous as a slot guy than Darden.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:45 PM 03-03-2021
Ok, this is just crazy.

Improve OL, DL, WR. And Mecole is now a KR.

Kansas City Chiefs
Alijah Vera-Tucker
IOL, USC

Kansas City Chiefs
Patrick Jones II
EDGE, Pittsburgh

Kansas City Chiefs
Seth Williams
WR, Auburn

Kansas City Chiefs
Ar'Darius Washington
S, TCU

Kansas City Chiefs
Jaelon Darden
WR, North Texas

Kansas City Chiefs
Tamorrion Terry
WR, Florida State

Kansas City Chiefs
Rashad Weaver
EDGE, Pittsburgh
[Reply]
staylor26 03:51 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
SDSU's Cade Johnson also would fit for the slot.

I think he's less explosive but a lot more polished and dangerous as a slot guy than Darden.
Yea I’ve mentioned Cade Johnson as well before. Along with Darden, Shi Smith, and Marlon Williams (big slot), I think that’s a very good group in the middle rounds.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:53 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
FWIW....Chris Simms has released his QB list and he has Zach Wilson at #1 and Lawrence at #2.
And Simms has been pretty much on the money lately.

He had Allen and Lamar as the two best coming out in 2019, and he had Burrow and Herbert last year.

I don’t think it’s crazy at all to prefer Wilson. Lawrence is a great prospect with a very high floor, but he’s a bit overrated in terms of the hype.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:57 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And Simms has been pretty much on the money lately.

He had Allen and Lamar as the two best coming out in 2019, and he had Burrow and Herbert last year.

I don’t think it’s crazy at all to prefer Wilson. Lawrence is a great prospect with a very high floor, but he’s a bit overrated in terms of the hype.
For me it's

Zach Wilson
Trevor Lawrence
Trey Lance

That's it for the 1st round.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:13 PM 03-03-2021
I have a feeling Mac Jones and Justin Fields will go in the first round as well, even though they're not top flight prospects. Some team will do it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:47 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have a feeling Mac Jones and Justin Fields will go in the first round as well, even though they're not top flight prospects. Some team will do it.
For sure. I just think there are still a lot of teams clueless on how to scout a QB.

Mac Jones is polished and has mental traits but his arm talent and athleticism are not NFL plus.

Fields has nice athleticism but doesn't process the field well.

If an NFL GM takes Fields top ten then everyone in that FO is getting fired in 2 or 3 years.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:18 PM 03-03-2021
Sorry fellas, I can't be on board with Wilson over Lawrence, and that's me thinking Wilson is light year's better than the rest of the crop after the two of them. I really like Wilson and he shows some Mahomie-like traits throwing off-platform, but he's not Mahomes and he's not as good as Lawrence at anything. It's not even necessarily that close for me.

Mac Jones has enough arm talent and the smarts to be extremely successful in a place like New England or really, any system that focuses more on shallower West Coast/Erhardt Perkins schemes than deeper Air Coryell schemes. I could see fits in Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly, New Orleans, Indy, Minnesota, and so on. Aside from Wilson and Lawrence, I'd put him as most likely to succeed if I'm being honest.

I have serious reservations about Fields and Lance. Lance, while I like enough, I feel he's Alex Smith. He looks good at what he does in college, but not 100% of it translates and what does makes me think he's going to be more content with the checkdown than he is trying to make a play, and that's not good enough but it'll win you games.

As for Fields, I couldn't even take him in the 1st. He's way too far behind in the mental processing department and really should be more like a 3rd round pick. That said, teams see those flashes of when he does it all right and it's big-time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:51 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Sorry fellas, I can't be on board with Wilson over Lawrence, and that's me thinking Wilson is light year's better than the rest of the crop after the two of them. I really like Wilson and he shows some Mahomie-like traits throwing off-platform, but he's not Mahomes and he's not as good as Lawrence at anything. It's not even necessarily that close for me.

Mac Jones has enough arm talent and the smarts to be extremely successful in a place like New England or really, any system that focuses more on shallower West Coast/Erhardt Perkins schemes than deeper Air Coryell schemes. I could see fits in Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly, New Orleans, Indy, Minnesota, and so on. Aside from Wilson and Lawrence, I'd put him as most likely to succeed if I'm being honest.

I have serious reservations about Fields and Lance. Lance, while I like enough, I feel he's Alex Smith. He looks good at what he does in college, but not 100% of it translates and what does makes me think he's going to be more content with the checkdown than he is trying to make a play, and that's not good enough but it'll win you games.

As for Fields, I couldn't even take him in the 1st. He's way too far behind in the mental processing department and really should be more like a 3rd round pick. That said, teams see those flashes of when he does it all right and it's big-time.
Mac Jones reminds me a lot of Daniel Jones, honestly. I think he could be a solid, if unspectacular, QB in the league but somebody is going to take him higher than they should. Jones' only real problem is ball security (fumbles) - he's actually a plus passer.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:28 PM 03-03-2021

Zaven Collins
LB Tulsa
trade icon
KC

Josh Myers
OC Ohio State
trade icon
KC

James Hudson
OT Cincinnati
trade icon
KC

Hamilcar Rashed Jr.
EDGE Oregon State
trade icon
KC

Ben Cleveland
OG Georgia
KC

Paulson Adebo
CB Stanford
trade icon
KC

Dazz Newsome
WR North Carolina
KC

Tariq Thompson
S San Diego State
KC

Jonathan Adams Jr.
WR Arkansas State

2022 IND 2nd
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:31 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:

That’s all fair and you’re probably right.

I’ve just become really skeptical of QBs from power programs. Lawrence has never really dealt with adversity and has always had a talent advantage around him.

He’s what you build in a lab if you’re making a QB, though.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 34
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up