DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:16 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Up 12k Monday.

This is why I should not look at it every day
Now you’re getting it!

I only check my retirement accounts every 2 months. Rebalance once per year.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:29 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So we’ve got some in on ZOM here?

What’s selling target on this? Chart isn’t terrible.
Legit interested in learning more about selling points, not just for ZOM but in general.

Which stocks or investments are considered long term holds and how is it determined?

Where do people put the profits from swing trades? Other than more swing positions that is.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:48 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Legit interested in learning more about selling points, not just for ZOM but in general.

Which stocks or investments are considered long term holds and how is it determined?

Where do people put the profits from swing trades? Other than more swing positions that is.
My technique for swing trading. Typing on phone, be kind!

Read my long post on selling. Swing trading is about small gains and trimming out of stocks with 5-10% gains and raising stops to breakeven. Trying to be 50-60% successful and having gains double your loss percentage.

I only hold long term stocks that have good fundamentals. While swing trading is all about technicals and charts, I don’t care if it’s a good company long term. I’m trading stocks on current action which is taken solely from the chart.

Profits are just moved to the sideline until other setups are found for entry. Mid February I was 100% invested. With the drop at end of February I was only 30% invested. Today I’m 50% invested until I see where this market heads and I find new setups I like. The biggest mistake is rushing to get back into trades if the market is trending down. This just gets you stopped out and results in too much failure.

Example of some recent moves. I bought PYPL and SQ on Friday as they retraced prior breakouts. Today I sold both for 6% profit. That money is now on sidelines. Monday I initiated AAPL position on retrace too, and today I sold 50% of that position for 4.25% gain. I moved stop on remaining position to breakeven. I bought shares of COOP last week on its new breakout and today it’s at net profit of 7% for me. I trimmed 50% of position there today and raised stop on rest to previous days low. I will see if this runs to 10-15% profit and get out. Got into ENPH today on what I hoped was a light pullback at 181. I set stop loss at 175 right after purchase. I got stopped out 2 hours later for 3.3% loss. I thought entry was a small enough risk to take but it didn’t rebound. But that’s what assessing risk does for you, 3.3% of a full position is only .4% of my total account value.

Hope that helps.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:21 PM 03-02-2021
You're gonna be happy and disappointed in me lewdog. I bought into RKT at open this morning, made a quick $1500, took my gains and sold.

But then I spent that $1500 on more AMC.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:24 PM 03-02-2021
WTF is going on with RKT?

I bought some a while back at around 27-28, watched it immediately drop to below 20. It started inching up a little the last month, then today jumped into the 40s. WTF
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:26 PM 03-02-2021
The fact that fucking no one bought AMC today makes me not want it either.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:37 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The fact that ****ing no one bought AMC today makes me not want it either.
Your loss
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 03:40 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
WTF is going on with RKT?

I bought some a while back at around 27-28, watched it immediately drop to below 20. It started inching up a little the last month, then today jumped into the 40s. WTF
They announced a one time dividend 5 days ago. The dividend is $1.11 a share so about 5% when it was $20.

On Reddit stocks yesterday some of these new traders were asking if you can just get the dividend and then sell lol. Combine those ppl w/ WSB and it launched. The company had earnings last week so there isn't really much of a reason for it to go up 70%. Might keep going, who knows. These kind of pump n dumps normally have just happened with penny stocks
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:04 PM 03-02-2021
So we’ve got some in on ZOM here?

What’s selling target on this? Chart isn’t terrible.
Waiting until the last week in March to determine that target.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:13 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Waiting until the last week in March to determine that target.
Ok. Why March?

I’m breaking my rules for this. No stop loss and will hold awhile to see spike before selling.

If it doesn’t spike, you owe me!
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:51 PM 03-02-2021
Anyone in UWMC? Getting a lot of chatter on Reddit.
[Reply]
eDave 07:58 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Anyone in UWMC? Getting a lot of chatter on Reddit.
I think once you hear about it on reddit, it's too late. Nice day though.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:11 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I think once you hear about it on reddit, it's too late. Nice day though.
I'll test this theory in the morning with 100 shares and let you know.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:18 PM 03-02-2021
Ok. Why March?

I’m breaking my rules for this. No stop loss and will hold awhile to see spike before selling.

If it doesn’t spike, you owe me!
Hype on this stock is surrounded by the release of their TRUFORMA diagnostics which will hit the shelves of veterinary clinics March 30th.

Protected by approximately 70 issued and pending patents, the TRUFORMA diagnostic platform uses Bulk Acoustic Wave (“BAW”) technology, developed by Qorvo to provide a non-optical and fluorescence-free detection system for use at the point-of-care

Basically a vet can diagnosis cancer and certain other conditions right there at the office visit within 15 minutes.

Talking heads predict $5-$6 but it's pure speculation. They have more products in the pipeline but most expect the price to mature before release of TRUFORMA. That's why I'm valuing the time frame more than the PT.
[Reply]
neech 10:28 PM 03-02-2021
This is interesting, I don't think this is good for the market overall it can be manipulated. Then the Govt. steps in and that's never good.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...?mod=home-page
[Reply]
Page 541 of 934
« First < 41441491531537538539540541 542543544545551591641 > Last »
Up