ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Micah Parsons (LB, Penn State) may slide.
Direckshun 01:09 PM 02-23-2021
Projected high 1st round pick, may now fall to the bottom of the 1st, or beyond.

Something to keep an eye on -- I'm on record as being pro-linebacker at 31, and Parsons would be a hell of a get.

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpre...urting-Parsons

Character Concerns Hurting Parsons
Updated Feb. 23, 2021
By Charlie Campbell

The 2021 NFL Draft is not especially strong for defensive front seven talent, but Penn State's Micah Parson is one of the prospects with a first-round skill set for any draft class. The 6-foot-3, 245-pounder has excellent size alongside speed and athleticism. Parsons sat out the 2020 pandemic season after serving as a 2-year starter since being a top recruit coming out of high school. While Parsons was projected to be the top linebacker for the 2021 NFL Draft, he carries significant character concerns that could cause him to suffer a significant first-round slide, according to multiple teams, and some teams may remove him from their boards because of the character issue.

Part of the character content is public knowledge. A former teammate of Parsons has sued Penn State for hazing, and Parsons was prominently and repeatedly named in that lawsuit for administering physical, verbal and emotional abuse on his teammate. Aside from that issue, team sources say they have concerns about other parts of Parsons' makeup, football character, and off-the-field conduct.

On the field, multiple team sources say Parsons is not as good of a player as other recent top-10 linebackers like Tampa Bay's Devin White or Chicago's Roquan Smith. Here's what one director of college scouting said about Parsons, "He's very overrated to me. He doesn't play downhill, is not physical taking on [blocks], is a clean-air guy, and his instincts don't jump out. He is a freak athlete that can rush the passer. Someone will probably take him early, but I would scratch him from top-10 consideration."

Another aspect of the pandemic year is more difficulty for prospects with character concerns helping to alleviate those concerns before the 2021 NFL Draft. The combine and pre-draft visits were canceled by the league, so limited video conferencing is the only outlet Parsons has to try to dispel the character concerns directly. Parsons has a great skill set, but his character issues could cause him to slide in the 2021 NFL Draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:17 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sounds like youíre arguing need over BPA

:-)

Parsons and Gay give this defense 2 LBís they can leave on the field for the entire game. They can play the run, drop back into coverage, or go after the QB.

Do I love taking a LB at 31 over other positions? No.

Am I going to pass on a guy that I think is a top 10 talent because of need? No.
I'm talking about BPA, value, and need.

I think this fan base DRAMATICALLY overvalues linebackers.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:20 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm talking about BPA, value, and need.

I think this fan base DRAMATICALLY overvalues linebackers.
But your argument against LB at 31 was that you can’t get those top 10 guys at 31.

Parsons would be. You aren’t thinking BPA or value if you’re taking a guy with a much lower grade because Parsons is a LB.

Sounds like you’re contradicting yourself now man.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:27 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But your argument against LB at 31 was that you canít get those top 10 guys at 31.

Parsons would be. You arenít thinking BPA or value if youíre taking a guy with a much lower grade because Parsons is a LB.

Sounds like youíre contradicting yourself now man.
I'm not fond of taking LB's in the first round, period.

I don't think they're that valuable.

That being said, it's a moot discussion. He's not falling to 31 for something like this.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:41 PM 02-23-2021
And yeah, I probably am contradicting myself a bit.

Too much time and too much analysis.

Free agency news to start so we can actually see the plan start to unfold.

:-)
[Reply]
kccrow 03:59 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I can't imagine a universe where Micah Parsons falls from a top 10 lock to us at the bottom of the first. But I wanna live in that universe.
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Good God.



YEP.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You mean a murderer?

Not taking a LB at 31, no way, no how.
No way? If this kid is there then there is no way and no how I'm passing on him. Not a chance in hell he makes it to us anyhow, but if magic happens then I wouldn't be one to complain. There is no need on this team that trumps passing on this kid's talent.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 06:26 PM 02-23-2021
I'm for it.....there's no one way to handle this draft. That's what makes these mocks so interesting
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:55 PM 02-24-2021
Devin White and Lovante David just won a Superbowl.

I love great LBs and would like to have some. If Parsons was there at 31, you betcha.

I also agree that is with the assumption that we get some free agent help in other areas.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:23 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Devin White and Lovante David just won a Superbowl.

I love great LBs and would like to have some. If Parsons was there at 31, you betcha.

I also agree that is with the assumption that we get some free agent help in other areas.
Anthony Hitchens and Damien Wilson won a Super Bowl last year.
[Reply]
O.city 09:31 AM 02-25-2021
Having a couple 3 down legitimate athletes at LB would help alot. The best defenses are able to keep Lb's out there to keep from getting gashed in the run.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:46 AM 02-25-2021
No thanks. Way too many off the field concerns. And his instincts aren't what you expect from such a hyped player.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up