ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Uhhhhhhh Andrew Wylie held off Suh for an entire game. Why wouldn't you trade LDT?
Direckshun 04:33 PM 11-20-2018
His value couldn't possibly be higher right now, we need the cap space to retain Ford, Hill, and possibly make a free agency splash.

Teams might be wavering due to his injury, so just take a pick in 2020 conditional on his health. I bet you can get a 2nd for him.

Guys, I'm telling you, you're going to need the flexibility the LDT pick would give you to move up in the 1st round for a corner or an Allen Bailey replacement or something of that nature.

Andrew Wylie kept Mahomes clean, and has been a road grader in the run game.

I love LDT but this team needs capspace and they need it now. Why wouldn't you use the least important position on the offense to make some?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:45 PM 11-20-2018
Depth dude. It’s important. We’re down two starting linemen right now, so you obviously need as many good ones as you can get.

Again, not a position group to pinch pennies with. Just ask the Seahawks and Colts how that worked the past few years prior to 2018.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:52 AM 11-21-2018
Umm... move Wylie to LG and Erving back to OC and don't worry about the starting OL next year, just more depth?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:58 AM 11-21-2018
Yeah man. One thing that hasn't been a problem is the offensive line, which is why Mahomes is one of the most frequently pressured QB's in the NFL. They were particularly great against the Rams. No problems there.

Suh has been shit this year anyway. The Rams run D is trash and he hasn't been an elite pass rusher in years.

I don't think weakening an already weak unit is a great strategy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:30 AM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Umm... move Wylie to LG and Erving back to OC and don't worry about the starting OL next year, just more depth?
No love for Devey at OC?
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:07 AM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Depth dude. It’s important. We’re down two starting linemen right now, so you obviously need as many good ones as you can get.

Again, not a position group to pinch pennies with. Just ask the Seahawks and Colts how that worked the past few years prior to 2018.
Colts are Exhibit A. Ballard has drafted a great O line to protect Luck and look at what Indy is doing. Next year Indy-Houston will be fierce competition as Indy again becomes relevant, barring injury.

QBs, WRs and DBs look cool and get the press but football always has been, and always will be, won in the trenches.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:21 AM 11-21-2018
I dunno but we need to draft an interior lineman and replace Erving.

Erving is great for depth but he's not a starter.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:50 PM 11-21-2018
I'd love to see a good article on the Chiefs cap situation as it relates to sustaining and building on immediate success (2019) and then also the remaining years of Mahomes rookie contract.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:19 PM 11-21-2018
Listen, it's been remarkable that Erving has transformed into the player he is compared to what he was when we traded for him, but am I alone in thinking we should try to improve over him at LG?

Now that we have our franchise QB, I've come full circle on investing in fatties. Yes, if this were Alex or some other trashpile QB I'd be absolutely ecstatic over finding discount OL who do the job well enough, but now I'd like to see us try to find the very best.

I think Quenton Nelson has transformed the entire left side of that Colts OL, and it's turned Andrew Luck back into a real QB. It'd be cool if we could get the best like that for Mahomes. No, we'll never be in a position in the top 10 to draft another Nelson, but OGs can still turn into top-of-the-league players if drafted in the back of the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd (Will Shields ring a bell to anyone?)
[Reply]
kccrow 06:10 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Listen, it's been remarkable that Erving has transformed into the player he is compared to what he was when we traded for him, but am I alone in thinking we should try to improve over him at LG?

Now that we have our franchise QB, I've come full circle on investing in fatties. Yes, if this were Alex or some other trashpile QB I'd be absolutely ecstatic over finding discount OL who do the job well enough, but now I'd like to see us try to find the very best.

I think Quenton Nelson has transformed the entire left side of that Colts OL, and it's turned Andrew Luck back into a real QB. It'd be cool if we could get the best like that for Mahomes. No, we'll never be in a position in the top 10 to draft another Nelson, but OGs can still turn into top-of-the-league players if drafted in the back of the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd (Will Shields ring a bell to anyone?)
Might be in a position to grab a guy like Dalton Risner though, who looks like he could end up a stud moving back inside.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:12 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
No love for Devey at OC?
I'd rather just roll with Reiter and the development of that Murray kid from Holy Cross than to bother bringing that shit stain back into the fold.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:45 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I dunno but we need to draft an interior lineman and replace Erving.

Erving is great for depth but he's not a starter.
Really? I think he’s been rock solid most of this season.

He got killed by Donald, but hey that’s basicallt every OL.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:14 PM 11-21-2018
I doubt his contract is tradeable, or that the Chiefs would get much in return if it was.

He's not Larry Allen.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:44 PM 11-21-2018
If we trade him his entire signing bonus escalates to the cap. We could spread it over 2 years but that is not saving us much on the cap and then we still have to replace him on the roster. IF we save anything it would be so minimal that it would be offset by the loss in ability to protect our franchise QB.
No thanks.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:08 PM 11-22-2018
Protecting Mahomes is priority #1 for as long as he is here so there’s zero reason to trade our best pass protecting guard.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up