ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 103
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:38 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:

And now time for the nut punch
That's good news.

Because if hes re-opening his commitment, it wasn't Mizzou.

Maybe this gets us back in the door.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:46 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's good news.

Because if hes re-opening his commitment, it wasn't Mizzou.

Maybe this gets us back in the door.
But if he's re-opening, Mizzou wasn't #1, and isn't a strong enough #2 for him to make a commitment.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:16 PM 08-02-2018
Don't need anyone dumb enough to seriously consider OSU. Ezekiel Elliot turned out to be a dumbass, I expect no different here.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:57 PM 08-02-2018
Way too much effort being spent predicting what a dumbass kid is thinking.

Get tore up->pussy. The End.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:26 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Way too much effort being spent predicting what a dumbass kid is thinking.

Get tore up->pussy. The End.
Calling the kid a dumbass is harsh. Cameron Brown for example committed to Mike Riley and then Urban Meyer. I feel sorry for the kid because he can play on Sundays. Maybe it's the folks guiding these kids that are the dumbasses?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:26 AM 08-03-2018
All kids are dumb.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:40 AM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
But if he's re-opening, Mizzou wasn't #1, and isn't a strong enough #2 for him to make a commitment.
That's my point, though. If things stayed on that course, Mizzou was out. Yeah, it would be better to just hear that he committed but at least this keeps them alive.

That said - I'm pretty sure he was just attention whoring. If he was so gung-ho about OSU that when shit hit the fan he didn't turn to his #2 but rather just re-opened recruiting, that tells me his #2 was just a token #2. The only reason he built it up the way he did was to get the local media more interested.

If he'd have said it was coming down to OSU and, say, Alabama - nobody in the STL area would've really given a shit. He included Mizzou in the 'race' so he could get attention from the hometown paper, IMO.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 01:42 PM 08-03-2018

WAIT IS OVER ...... 210% committed 1st in the family 2 do.. it love you momma �� pic.twitter.com/KliMyU7IEY

— FAC✖️TOR (@xfactormaurice) August 3, 2018

Good news

[Reply]
BWillie 02:41 PM 08-03-2018
I just snorted a line of coke off of a stripper named Destiny's ass with Matty Mauk. He talked me into flying to Utah to have some Shirley temples with Quin Synder. We'll get him off his Mormon highhorse and into relapse.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:47 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
Why? They are stacked and their future is ****ing disgusting. They are going to end up with at least 10 recruits in the top 100 this year. I think their backfield is currently average 5 stars, and I'm not actually joking. If they don't win a championship in the next 3 years it should be a disappointment.

edit:

If Odom underperforms this year, what does his future look like and what does the teams?

Don't really know - Just saying what I'd heard them discussing - I think they're concerned about Lock going downfield over and over.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The more I think about this I have to challenge it. You obviously live around there and follow the program more closely but an asshole in what sense? Like it would destroy recruiting? Though I'd argue Odoms recruiting has been mediocre at best.

Coaches that come to mind who were assholes: Leach, Pelini, Mangino, Miles and PJ Fleck. All had success.

I hate to bring this up but is it a campus culture thing from the protest a few years ago?

At any rate Huepel did alot with Mizzous offense and I think he has a Heisman candidate with Milton. He also has Randy Shannon as his DC. As a MU fan I'd take that over the current regime.
No, just that he was extremely smug and haughty. Acted like his shit didn't stink and that he was simply better than having to re-group like this after being let go at OU.

He wasn't in the Bobby Knight school of ferocious red-asses. He was more in that Lane Kiffin vein of condescending pricks.

It was said to be wearing thin within the organization.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:51 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

That said - I'm pretty sure he was just attention whoring. If he was so gung-ho about OSU that when shit hit the fan he didn't turn to his #2 but rather just re-opened recruiting, that tells me his #2 was just a token #2. .
We're not disagreeing on that at all. That's what I found disconcerting about it. It wasn't that Mizzou was a solid #2, but a token #2.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:05 PM 09-01-2018
Well, times up, let's do this...

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:27 PM 09-01-2018
Should win by 60...if they don’t they have major problems.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:29 PM 09-01-2018
:-) That stat line they showed for Mizzou vs. winning teams and losing teams was horrific.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 103
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up