ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 103
1 23451151101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:38 PM 07-30-2018
UGA is relatively concerned about having to go to Columbia. I heard it on the radio a few times.
[Reply]
Spott 05:58 PM 07-30-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
UGA is relatively concerned about having to go to Columbia. I heard it on the radio a few times.
They are probably just worried that they’ll show up in the wrong Columbia.
[Reply]
banecat 06:01 PM 07-30-2018
Originally Posted by Spott:
They are probably just worried that they’ll show up in the wrong Columbia.
Their mascot would be either kidnapped and held for ransom, or eaten once they landed in Bogota
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:03 PM 07-30-2018
Don't have any hope for this team after that abortion against Texas.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:07 PM 07-30-2018
5 wins

First 2 games, Memphis, Vandy and Arky. Odom is fired. They got lucky with a run of teams that had packed it in.

Dooley a downgrade at OC.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 06:07 PM 07-30-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't have any hope for this team after that abortion against Texas.
That game was a real downer. Really wanted to beat those fuckers.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:11 PM 07-30-2018
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
That game was a real downer. Really wanted to beat those fuckers.
The fucking PUNTER got MVP. What a Mizzou way to fuck things up. Hopefully the interim piece of shit who called plays for that game was fired on the spot.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:25 PM 07-30-2018
I don't have a ton of faith in Dooley, but I think that Lock, his weapons, and the DL is good enough to get this team to .500 in conference. Next year is the year where I think it bottoms out with a 2-3 win season.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:23 PM 07-30-2018
Fucking pumped for this season.

IMO you let the wrong coach go to UCF. Odom should have gone and made Huepel your HC.
[Reply]
Best22 09:30 PM 07-30-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
****ing pumped for this season.

IMO you let the wrong coach go to UCF. Odom should have gone and made Huepel your HC.
Nah, we should have just hired Saban
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:08 PM 07-30-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Fucking pumped for this season.

By many MANY accounts, Huepel is a massive asshole. Anybody that talks about him around town can barely stand him.

That's fine for a coordinator but it won't work for a HC.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:48 PM 07-30-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I don't have a ton of faith in Dooley, but I think that Lock, his weapons, and the DL is good enough to get this team to .500 in conference. Next year is the year where I think it bottoms out with a 2-3 win season.
lock’s weapons are significant. The RBs and TE are outstanding. The line and WR are very good. Only safety, CB, and to some extent, DE worry me.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:03 AM 07-31-2018
My Tennessee friends are feeding me a lot of negativity about Derek Dooley. Does anyone know anything about what he did or how good he was at it before he became the Volunteers head coach?
[Reply]
Spott 07:01 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
My Tennessee friends are feeding me a lot of negativity about Derek Dooley. Does anyone know anything about what he did or how good he was at it before he became the Volunteers head coach?
IIRC, he was the coach at Louisiana Tech before going to coach at UT right after Fulmer left. There seemed to be a lot of criticism about the hire when it happened.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 103
1 23451151101 > Last »
Up