ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Coens are writing and directing for Netflix - Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Baby Lee 01:07 PM 08-09-2017
Tumescent!!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...cruggs-1028049
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:58 AM 11-29-2018
https://ew.com/movies/2018/11/27/bal...ruggs-endings/

Voldemort cut off Dudley Dursley’s arms and legs.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:14 AM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by noa:
The Tom Waits one was my favorite. Love the look of each of the vignettes.
Loved the Waits section, but couldn't helping thinking of this scene.

[Reply]
SAGA45 02:08 AM 12-01-2018
The Buster Scruggs and Tom Waits segments were the best. The final two were the worst, especially the very last one. It was like a failed Tarantino short.
[Reply]
FAX 07:47 AM 12-02-2018
I loved it.

The cinematography was amazingly creative. Long lenses with extreme depth of field interspersed with tight close-ups ... beautiful, intense color palettes ... great mix of traditional and avant-garde perspective ... thoughtfully done.

Fascinating script and acting, as well. Nothing not to like about this film.

FAX
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:34 PM 06-26-2019
Finally got around to watching this. As said, the first 10 minutes are amazing. I basically yelled out when Scruggs kicks the table. I really enjoyed all of them but obviously some more than others.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 05:02 AM 06-27-2019
Buster Scruggs, the first vignette, is live action Looney tunes. Daffy Duck wore the same outfit
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:00 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I loved it.

The cinematography was amazingly creative. Long lenses with extreme depth of field interspersed with tight close-ups ... beautiful, intense color palettes ... great mix of traditional and avant-garde perspective ... thoughtfully done.
FAX
Agreed. There is another Netflix western movie called "Godless" that also had fantastic cinematography.

Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
Buster Scruggs, the first vignette, is live action Looney tunes. Daffy Duck wore the same outfit
Maybe?:-) But, far and away the pick of the litter.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:27 PM 06-27-2019
If this was a whole movie about the Titular character it would have been great.

Which seems to be a theme in this thread.

It's PRETTY hard for a movie to get a big belly laugh out of me, and I was about to pass out laughing through the first bit.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:59 PM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
If this was a whole movie about the Titular character it would have been great.

Which seems to be a theme in this thread.

It's PRETTY hard for a movie to get a big belly laugh out of me, and I was about to pass out laughing through the first bit.
It was going to be a series, then a series of vignettes. I think they kind of ran out of inspiration, or were dissatisfied with the 2nd and 3rd tier ideas.

I'm happy with what we got. Beat the shit out of The Twilight Zone bashing the same 2 or 3 ideas over the head for nearly 10 hours.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:38 AM 06-28-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It was going to be a series, then a series of vignettes. I think they kind of ran out of inspiration, or were dissatisfied with the 2nd and 3rd tier ideas.

I'm happy with what we got. Beat the shit out of The Twilight Zone bashing the same 2 or 3 ideas over the head for nearly 10 hours.
I really liked it a lot.

I guess maybe this explains why some segments were really short and others like 45-50 minutes long?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 02:41 PM 06-28-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Surely you mean some new twilight zone I haven't watched, and not one of the greatest TV shows in the history of TV.

Cos I haven't seen any new rehashes of it. You don't improve on perfection.

I like anthologies and even movies like this, but I just didn't like the back half. Of course it looks great. Coens and all. It was all over the place tonally, which is weird even for an anthology.
[Reply]
scho63 10:48 PM 07-01-2019
I watched this today and it was really well done in a lot of ways. The scenery, the costumes, the closeups on some of the characters faces, the acting.

Overall I liked it and thought the premise of all the different stories was a neat idea.

The Liam Neeson gimp story dragged on too long and the James Franco was to short and the ending was a little flat although it made you think of what was going to happen.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up