ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell Me About Your Chili
eDave 01:11 PM 11-08-2015
It's chili season. Tell me about your chili. I love chili. Chicken chili.
[Reply]
Buzz 09:02 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
What does that mean?

Again, I don't give two ****s either way. I'm not a chili guy. Then again, I probably just haven't had good chili.
Since your in Arizona I would think Tex / Mex chili would be everywhere?
[Reply]
eDave 09:03 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Corn. Gross.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:04 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
To each their own; there isn't much a bible to chili. That's what makes it great.

you seem nice and you seem fair and balanced.

[Reply]
eDave 09:05 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
you seem nice and you seem fair and balanced.
:-)

You crack me up.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:07 PM 11-08-2015
Two pounds of ground sirloin, browned.
30 ounces of Hunt's tomato sauce
Chili powder
Onion powder
Cumin
Crushed black pepper
Crushed red pepper
Cayenne pepper powder
Black beans, rinsed.

I usually simmer for a few hours, checking the flavor and add more spices if necessary.

I grate fresh Monterrey jack cheese and dice onions to add as requested.
[Reply]
Buzz 09:11 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Corn. Gross.
You cook chicken chili and Lew doesn't know if he has had good chili? Your right next to Mexico, I don't get it...
[Reply]
eDave 09:12 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Two pounds of ground sirloin, browned.
30 ounces of Hunt's tomato sauce
Chili powder
Onion powder
Cumin
Crushed black pepper
Crushed red pepper
Cayenne pepper powder
Black beans, rinsed.

I usually simmer for a few hours, checking the flavor and add more spices if necessary.

I grate fresh Monterrey jack cheese and dice onions to add as requested.
No Charlie Sheen piss?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:14 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
No Charlie Sheen piss?
That's a given.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:15 PM 11-08-2015
You cook chicken chili and Lew doesn't know if he has had good chili? Your right next to Mexico, I don't get it...
I am a chili rube!!!

Please enlighten me on an easy recipe. Crockpot perhaps? I am really not sure why I never eat chili because it has all the stuff I like in it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:31 PM 11-08-2015
I am a chili rube!!!

Please enlighten me on an easy recipe. Crockpot perhaps? I am really not sure why I never eat chili because it has all the stuff I like in it.

OL' hired hand six gun chili packet, add everything in the package a couple cans of stewed tomatoes and a couple cans of whichever beans you want.

Easy and good.

I went to a chili competitions here in town last year and for shits and giggles made it and got second place...

:-), everyone was SO serious about their stuff, super secret recipes and all that, and I used a package they sell at the store, but it is pretty damn good.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:34 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
OL' hired hand six gun chili packet, add everything in the package a couple cans of stewed tomatoes and a couple cans of whichever beans you want.

Easy and good.

I went to a chili competitions here in town last year and for shits and giggles made it and got second place...

:-), everyone was SO serious about their stuff, super secret recipes and all that, and I used a package they sell at the store, but it is pretty damn good.
Fixing cars and beating people in chili cook-offs.

What can't you do!?!?
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:35 PM 11-08-2015
Probably should tailor the cayenne packet use to your taste
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:36 PM 11-08-2015
Fixing cars and beating people in chili cook-offs.

What can't you do!?!?
Lol, it really is good stuff.
[Reply]
ping2000 03:21 AM 11-09-2015
What does that mean?

Again, I don't give two fucks either way. I'm not a chili guy. Then again, I probably just haven't had good chili.
It means I don't like beans. Thought that was obvious. If you like beans, add them and have fun at the fart party.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:41 AM 11-09-2015
I like to use 80/20 ground beef. You can cut it 50/50 with ground turkey if you like. I like good dark red chili powder, cumin, some minced garlic, black pepper, a bit of onion powder, some yellow mustard, and instead of using a small can of tomato sauce, I use rotel and about a third of a bottle of chili sauce to thicken it up. Add Frank's Hot Sauce if you like a kick. No beans, beans served on the side like black beans or pinto beans. I put diced white onion and cheddar cheese on the top, saltine crackers or fresh biscuits, and dill pickle chips on the side to cleanse the taste buds.

Oh yeah, and a dash of dark beer in the chili is OK too. I like to use a good bock beer like Shiner or Boulevard Bob's 47. Not too much, just a bit. I don't like my chili to be runny.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up