ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 29
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell Me About Your Chili
eDave 01:11 PM 11-08-2015
It's chili season. Tell me about your chili. I love chili. Chicken chili.
[Reply]
eDave 08:27 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I'm actually being serious. I don't eat a lot of chili. Does chili have to have beans in it to be good chili?
Beans are added more often than not and it depends on the chili type, as I've learned. Nothing wrong with either. I prefer beans.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:28 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
There is no wrong way to make Chili
Disagree. I've had horrible chili.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:28 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I did not know that. Reading about it online, it doesn't sound very good. Ever tried it?

Ah, a squirrel based recipe, right?

I believe that is referred to as "Tuscaloosa chili."
Cincinnati chili is awful by itself and the traditional way of putting it on spaghetti.

It's actually good drunk munchies when you put it on a hot dog with cheddar cheese on top (coney) and when mixed with bean dip (skyline dip_.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 08:28 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Beans are added more often than not and it depends on the chili type, as I've learned. Nothing wrong with either. I prefer beans.
I always feel like a Chili is incomplete without beans. thats just me
[Reply]
srvy 08:31 PM 11-08-2015
I'm actually being serious. I don't eat a lot of chili. Does chili have to have beans in it to be good chili?
No but beanless chili I always feel I should be putting it on a hotdog.

Beans seem to stick to the ribs and make it a hearty meal. I also like the report.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:31 PM 11-08-2015
I always prepare to make chili after barbecuing food. Especially brisket. Irreplaceable flavor + good way to use leftovers that are often hard to reuse.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:31 PM 11-08-2015
Do you brown the meat and drain or cook and leave the grease? I brown and drain just to make it a little more healthy.
[Reply]
eDave 08:33 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Do you brown the meat and drain or cook and leave the grease? I brown and drain just to make it a little more healthy.
I brown the chicken to kind of crunchy. Drain then input.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:36 PM 11-08-2015
I typically prefer my chili straight (no beans). I've also been putting a very limited amount of tomatoes in it each time.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:40 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
I typically prefer my chili straight (no beans). I've also been putting a very limited amount of tomatoes in it each time.

I love big hunks of tomatoes in mine.
[Reply]
srvy 08:40 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Must drain. Some of the worst chili was from truck stops where the bowl would have an oil slick on top. I have actually had to take napkins and sop the grease up before eating. I hate that and is almost instant indigestion.
[Reply]
ping2000 08:40 PM 11-08-2015
My wife only likes no bean chili.

How fucked up is that by chili standards?
She is right. Sorry to break that to you.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:56 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by ping2000:
She is right. Sorry to break that to you.
What does that mean?

Again, I don't give two fucks either way. I'm not a chili guy. Then again, I probably just haven't had good chili.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:00 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
You're one of my favorite people on CP, but that does not sound good. Filet has very little flavor, and what flavor it has will be covered up by the spices. And if filet gets overcooked, which is pretty easy to do, it gets mealy.
It's good, the texture is what I like. If it's through the week - it'll a very basic non chunky chili.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:01 PM 11-08-2015
My wife only likes no bean chili.

How ****ed up is that by chili standards?
On hot dogs: chili no beans

Bowl of chili: with beans.

To each their own; there isn't much a bible to chili. That's what makes it great.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 29
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up