ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell Me About Your Chili
eDave 01:11 PM 11-08-2015
It's chili season. Tell me about your chili. I love chili. Chicken chili.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:50 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Yes, can't stand it. I'm good with a little cinnamon in chili, but they put cloves and allspice, sometimes chocolate. It's awful.
I am guessing you don't like mole sauce either.

It is bakers chocolate or cocoa powder that is used. It is not sweet chocolate at all.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:08 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I am guessing you don't like mole sauce either.

It is bakers chocolate or cocoa powder that is used. It is not sweet chocolate at all.

Actually, I like mole. But if you call it mole and give me salsa verde, I'm not likely to think highly of it as a mole.

The biggest disservice to Cincinnati-style chili is calling it chili.
[Reply]
bevischief 05:00 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Add what you like, just cook it low and slow. Like a proper spaghetti sauce.
This
[Reply]
NewChief 05:04 PM 11-08-2015
If you ever find yourself having to make a vegetarian chili for some reason, Emeril's recipe is freaking amazeballs. I took it to a potluck at work, and people were freaking out over it. Half of them didn't realize it was vegetarian and though it was genius that I put "steak" in my chili (the portobellos).
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:16 PM 11-08-2015
Mmmmmm chili
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:17 PM 11-08-2015
Everyone likes their own version best. I find cooking it a day ahead then putting it in the fridge overnight brings out the flavors even more when reheated.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:22 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Everyone likes their own version best. I find cooking it a day ahead then putting it in the fridge overnight brings out the flavors even more when reheated.
This. Reheated chili is the shit.
[Reply]
kstater 05:35 PM 11-08-2015
If you're putting beans in it, you're not making chilli, you're making filler.
[Reply]
eDave 05:36 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by kstater:
Doesn't matter. Had chili.

I always put beans in my chili. Bush's chili beans as it has a nice soup with it. I can only ever find 'medium' though. Rice every once in a while.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:36 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
If you ever find yourself having to make a vegetarian chili for some reason, Emeril's recipe is freaking amazeballs. I took it to a potluck at work, and people were freaking out over it. Half of them didn't realize it was vegetarian and though it was genius that I put "steak" in my chili (the portobellos).
I'd be willing to try that. Even a white bean or chicken chili I'd try. Seen pics and those looked good.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:40 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by kstater:

No, you're making chili. Just one has beans. Both are chili.

"Texas chili does not have beans. Except, when it does. Texas chili is chili con carne - peppers with meat. But, just as popular is chili con carne y frijoles - peppers with meat and beans."
[Reply]
tooge 06:12 PM 11-08-2015
I use venison for my chili. It's a tad "sweeter" than beef and works great in chi. I also always use a dark beer, vinegar is a must, diced tomatoes, diced onions. I crush dried ancho and Anaheim peppers as well as these black ones, not sure what they are called. That makes the chili flavor. I always throw a can of tomato sauce and a shot of plain yellow mustard. It's damn good chili
[Reply]
eDave 06:15 PM 11-08-2015
Originally Posted by tooge:
I use venison for my chili. It's a tad "sweeter" than beef and works great in chi. I also always use a dark beer, vinegar is a must, diced tomatoes, diced onions. I crush dried ancho and Anaheim peppers as well as these black ones, not sure what they are called. That makes the chili flavor. I always throw a can of tomato sauce and a shot of plain yellow mustard. It's damn good chili
Hadn't thought of mustard. Will try.
[Reply]
tooge 06:18 PM 11-08-2015
Not a lot. The vinegar and mustard liven it up but a little goes a long way. A large stock pot of chili I would put about three tablespoons of mustard (not dry mustard) and a quarter cup vinegar. Makes all the difference
[Reply]
Buzz 07:19 PM 11-08-2015
This is a quick basic, 1 pound of ground beef, 1 chopped onion, 2 cans of chili beans, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes and green chilies, 1 can of stewed tomatoes, chili seasoning, splash of worcestershire. I have added mustard before.

Then I throw that in the trash and open a can of this.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up