ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 29
« First < 172324252627 2829 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell Me About Your Chili
eDave 01:11 PM 11-08-2015
It's chili season. Tell me about your chili. I love chili. Chicken chili.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:35 AM 12-09-2018
I may have posted this before in this thread. But the best chili I ever had was one night when my mom was late for work, and the chili I made per her instructions, overcooked by about 3 hours. The beans just disappeared and the whole thing became a thick delicious paste.

I've had fancy award-winning chili, and it seems like they go the other way. It was very brothy with almost al-dente beans. Not a big fan.

Kinda similar thing with this Texas-style BBQ place here in LA called Maple Block. I consider it the only legit BBQ in LA (so it would be like 30th best in KC or something). They have these amazing pinto beans, which are good when ordered, but insanely good when they've sat in the fridge for 3 days and then reheated. Instead of soupy they become thick and kind of all mush together - but the taste is just insane - so rich and deep with flavor. It's like the flavors of the beans, pork and broth all merge into something better.

One time I reheated too much so I put it back in the fridge. When I re-re-heated that it was even better. I wonder how far this goes.
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:21 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I may have posted this before in this thread. But the best chili I ever had was one night when my mom was late for work, and the chili I made per her instructions, overcooked by about 3 hours. The beans just disappeared and the whole thing became a thick delicious paste.

I've had fancy award-winning chili, and it seems like they go the other way. It was very brothy with almost al-dente beans. Not a big fan.

Kinda similar thing with this Texas-style BBQ place here in LA called Maple Block. I consider it the only legit BBQ in LA (so it would be like 30th best in KC or something). They have these amazing pinto beans, which are good when ordered, but insanely good when they've sat in the fridge for 3 days and then reheated. Instead of soupy they become thick and kind of all mush together - but the taste is just insane - so rich and deep with flavor. It's like the flavors of the beans, pork and broth all merge into something better.

One time I reheated too much so I put it back in the fridge. When I re-re-heated that it was even better. I wonder how far this goes.

some of my favorite food memories are those that i just "winged" it. ran out of an ingredient and threw something into the mix instead of following a recipe. maybe it's because im a man. idk.

gonna go mix some leftover chili in my scrambled eggs. come fight me bro.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:42 AM 12-09-2018
I used white kid ey beans in this last batch for a little color contrast. I prefer pinto.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:51 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I used white kid ey beans in this last batch for a little color contrast. I prefer pinto.
I'm not sure I've ever seen white kydney beans.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:14 AM 12-09-2018
Aka cannellini beans.
[Reply]
Predarat 12:12 PM 12-10-2018
After reading this I am craving Chili. And next time I have leftover Brisket I am getting that Six Gun Mix, if they sell it around these parts, I know they sell the Texas 2 Alarm and Carroll Shelby packs, but never seen the Six Gun.
[Reply]
eDave 01:09 PM 11-02-2019
It's that time of year again.
[Reply]
Fish 01:25 PM 11-02-2019
Had our yearly chilifest at work last Friday actually. Made this spicy chicken chili. 5 different kinds of peppers. It went fast.

[Reply]
cabletech94 02:01 PM 11-02-2019
^^^^this guy is okay.

+1
[Reply]
Dayze 11-02-2019, 03:05 PM
This message has been deleted by Dayze.
Dayze 11-02-2019, 03:08 PM
This message has been deleted by Dayze.
gblowfish 06:26 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Yep. That's it. It's great
I've used Six Gun before too. It's pretty good if you're looking for something quick and easy. And yeah, hold the cayenne if you're feeding kids. They won't be able to handle it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:33 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Had our yearly chilifest at work last Friday actually. Made this spicy chicken chili. 5 different kinds of peppers. It went fast.

Recipe please.
[Reply]
Fish 09:18 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Recipe please.
OK, but don't share it...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
redfriday 08:48 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Ground sirloin with diced white onion, green and red bell peppers cooked together. Drain, add black beans, dark red kidney beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, fresh diced garlic, a little liquid smoke, and a touch of Cowtown's Night of the Living Barbecue sauce. Crock pot on low all day. Heaven.
Also, try it with a mixture of half spicy Italian sausage and and half ground chuck or chopped sirloin.
Garlic is a must and so is a some guinness beer. I always dice up small the jarred jalapenos.
[Reply]
eDave 10:04 PM 10-06-2020
Blowfish's 10 things reminded me that chili season is once again upon us all.
[Reply]
eDave 02:43 PM 12-13-2020
Cubed up a couple of potatoes and threw them in the crock crocking the chili. Softened up great.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 29
« First < 172324252627 2829 >
Up