ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Media Center>Board Game Fans?
Pitt Gorilla 11:45 PM 11-27-2011
A friend of mine has got me into some "geeky" gaming that has become a real hit at my house. We've been playing Ticket to Ride and Forbidden Island as a family, while my buddy and I have been playing Ascension, Resident Evil, and Dominion.

Are there any other cool board/card games out there that I should check out? I mean, I've seen the spiel des jahres lists, but I'd love some first hand thoughts on cool games.
[Reply]
Bewbies 01:16 AM 11-19-2017
A Game for Good Christians.

Think Cards Against Humanity meets the Old Testament. It’s teribble fun while drinking with your church friends.
[Reply]
Silock 01:59 AM 11-19-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
There is a board game shop in Mission that hosts various game nights nearly every day. Would be another viable option if anyone is interested.
I'm in for whenever I'm not working.
[Reply]
Silock 02:00 AM 11-19-2017
Current favorites:

Coup
Coup expansion
Fortune and Glory
Geek Out
The Red Dragon Inn
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:43 PM 11-20-2017
Used to play a lot of Axis and Allies. Unfortunately, some of the later games are broken out of the box and not much fun to play anymore.

Twixt was a favorite way back when. Surprisingly complicated strategy for a simple game.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:53 PM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Ascension plays well with 2. Heck, even Dominion is pretty good with 2.
Just started getting into deck builders and picked up Dominion. This game is awesome.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:33 PM 11-28-2018
Anyone play Marvel Legendary or DC's deck builder?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:03 PM 11-28-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Anyone play Marvel Legendary or DC's deck builder?
Buddy of mine has all of the Legendaries. They're pretty fun.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:04 PM 11-28-2018
Originally Posted by Silock:
Current favorites:

Coup
Coup expansion
Fortune and Glory
Geek Out
The Red Dragon Inn
Coup is a fun little game, but Red Dragon is a blast with a group.
[Reply]
Hydrae 09:23 PM 11-28-2018
Star Realms is a good two player deck builder. Inexpensive app is available too. I am Hydrae (imagine that!) if anyone wants to play a game.
[Reply]
Msmith 08:26 AM 11-29-2018
I like to get some tips in playing Dominion.

Do you start to invest money first or go for the Witch Card?
[Reply]
Frosty 09:00 AM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Star Realms is a good two player deck builder. Inexpensive app is available too. I am Hydrae (imagine that!) if anyone wants to play a game.
I like Star Realms a lot but my son kicks my ass almost every time. Oh well, it's still fun to play.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:00 AM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by Msmith:
I like to get some tips in playing Dominion.

Do you start to invest money first or go for the Witch Card?
I played last night with my wife and really focused early on building my money reserves. Really paid off later.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:12 PM 09-16-2019
Figured this thread could use a bump for those who still play table top games. Been getting into heavier experiences lately, and have found two games that top my personal favorites:

Pax Pamir 2and Edition

Food Chain Magnate

[Reply]
Amnorix 02:34 PM 09-16-2019
Anyone interested should check out boardgamearena.com. It has a very extensive set of games available for free online (you can pay a membership fee to get some added features). Pretty damn good interface overall, and they are constantly adding expansions and new games.
[Reply]
cripple creek 04:34 PM 09-16-2019
having grown up playing risk... I enjoy an occasional game still. now on desktop called risk II
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up