ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Kelly (expected to) Quit (soon)
Eleazar 12:01 PM 12-07-2018
The latest out of the revolving door to the west wing...

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly is 'expected' to resign as soon as TODAY after Trump completely stopped speaking to him

White House insiders expect Chief of Staff John Kelly to resign in the coming days.

Sources told DailyMail.com that Kelly, a decorated Marine Corps general brought in last year, is 'expected' to leave the White House before the end of the year, and the announcement could come as soon as Friday.

His expected replacement is Nick Ayers, the young chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence.

A source familiar with the situation told DailyMail.com on Friday morning that a dinner at the White House in the evening for senior staff was supposed to serve as an appreciation event for Kelly and other departing senior officials.

'They were trying to give John the out he deserved for his service to the country. That was the plan,' the person said.

Now, that timeline has likely been expedited óTrump could make the announcement as soon as Friday.

The news comes as CNN reported that Kelly is no longer on speaking terms with President Donald Trump.

The decorated veteran participated in a handful of Oval Office meetings on Thursday, a source told DailyMail.com on Friday, adding that he and Trump didn't interact before or afterward.

Trump and Kelly 'know that they are 17 months into what has been a very tumultuous relationship. It is no longer seen as sustainable by either party,' CNN reported Friday morning.

'Their relationship has deteriorated so much in the last couple weeks, where John Kelly's job security has essentially been seen as permanently in danger.'

The Daily Caller, a favored Trump news outlet, reported Friday that an unnamed source had said the idea of an impendingKelly resignation was 'absolutely untrue,' and that the chief of staff had merely taken a day off.

The website's editorial director, Vince Coglianese, is the son of U.S. Marine Corps Major General Vincent A. Coglianese, who is in charge of Marine Corps Installations Command.

Axios reported Friday what administration insiders have said for weeks: Ayers will likely take over for Kelly whenever he leaves.

A source confirmed to DailyMail.com that Ayers is the president's choice to succeed him.

The president has been telling people for the past several days to call Ayers if they have a request. The directive has spread so far that senior aides are no longer regarding Ayers' ascension as a secret, an insider said on Friday morning.

'John wanted to stay, but he has a broken relationship with the president, so bad you just can't keep him,' the person told DailyMail.com of the president's claims this fall that Kelly was staying.

Trump announced during a senior staff meeting in July that he had asked Kelly to stay through the 2020 election, and that he agreed.

The two men discussed a commitment at the time for Kelly to agree to run the West Wing until 2024 if Trump were to win a second term.

Since then Trump has backtracked, arguing at a post-election news conference that people leave and it can't be helped.

'As we make changes, weíll sit down and talk to you about it. I mean, thereís no great secret. A lot of administrations make changes after midterms. I will say that, for the most part, Iím very, very happy with this Cabinet. Weíre doing a great job,' the president said.

Pressed to confirm that Kelly is staying, Trump said, 'People leave. I havenít heard about John Kelly. But, no, people ó people leave. They come in, theyíre here. Itís a very exhausting job.'

He went further in a 'Fox News Sunday' interview later in the month, in which he admitted: 'There are certain things that I donít like that he does.'

'There are a couple of things where itís just not his strength. Itís not his fault. Itís not his strength,' he asserted.

Trump said at 'some point' the retired marine general 'is going to want to move on.' He maintained that it is possible that Kelly would stay through 2020 but backed off the initial pledge that

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aking-him.html
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:35 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
I don't see anything scandalous.
Good, I was being facetious. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 07:37 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Good, I was being facetious. :-)
TRAITOR!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:39 AM 12-09-2018
Apparently staff in the West Wing shafed under Kelly's management style which soundas as if it was too controlling, whereas Reince Priebus couldn't control anything.

I said before Kelly was limiting too much access to Trump and he would "discipline other staffers who ran afoul of his efforts to impose order" and "clashed with Trump's free-wheeling style."

Kelly also "clashed with both national security officials and First Lady Melania Trump." Gee, I wonder if those clashes were with Bolton. If so, not a good sign to me.

Kelly isn't known as a political operator either and Trump will face a radical and rancorous congress, with incoming commies.

Taken from:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/08/trum...years-end.html
[Reply]
Donger 04:15 PM 12-09-2018
Ayers decides not to take the job.
[Reply]
lostcause 04:18 PM 12-09-2018
Ayers decides not to take the job.
lol - what qualified person would want it?
[Reply]
Donger 04:21 PM 12-09-2018
FWIW:

(CNN)Nick Ayers, the leading candidate to replace John Kelly as President Donald Trump's chief of staff, will not be taking the job, a White House official told CNN Sunday.

Ayers, who has served as Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff for more than a year, is not taking the position because the President and Ayers could not agree to terms, the official said. Trump pushed Ayers to commit to two years on the job, but he declined. He has young children, he told the President, and wants to move back to his home state of Georgia. He offered to become chief of staff temporarily, but Trump insisted on a two-year commitmen
[Reply]
lostcause 04:24 PM 12-09-2018
FWIW:

(CNN)Nick Ayers, the leading candidate to replace John Kelly as President Donald Trump's chief of staff, will not be taking the job, a White House official told CNN Sunday.

Ayers, who has served as Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff for more than a year, is not taking the position because the President and Ayers could not agree to terms, the official said. Trump pushed Ayers to commit to two years on the job, but he declined. He has young children, he told the President, and wants to move back to his home state of Georgia. He offered to become chief of staff temporarily, but Trump insisted on a two-year commitmen
"Mr. President, I'd like to add this to my resume - but I don't want to be locked into this clown show for two years."
[Reply]
Fish 06:33 PM 12-09-2018
Trump insisting on a commitment. :-)...
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:44 PM 12-09-2018
Like anybody lasts two years in an important post with him. He turns over staff like they are Kansas City school superintendents
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:28 PM Yesterday
WANTED: CHIEF OF STAFF. Travel and experience in childcare required. Clean record preferred, but not necessary. This is a temporary position.
[Reply]
eDave 03:35 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
WANTED: CHIEF OF STAFF. Travel and experience in childcare required. Clean record preferred, but not necessary. This is a temporary position.
2y commitment though.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:51 PM Yesterday
This is CNN

[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up