ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 80
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Bwana 10:47 AM 09-02-2016
Hmm Well I was only able to work them over for $9 a month on the ticket, but I got free Max. I was also able to get $40 a month off on my bill for the next 12 months with no contract. With a total saving of over $500, it was worth the 15 minute phone call. This all was done through customer service, I didn't have to go to retention.

I went with the "This service is getting way too expensive and cable is having a deal. The only reason I'm with you folks is because of Sunday ticket and with the total cost of my monthly bill and the high cost of Sunday Ticket, this just doesn't make sense anymore."
[Reply]
Bwana 10:52 AM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
You guys have all year to save. Most of you wait u too the last minute and it hurts your bank account. Poor planning. Saving $350 for an entire is pretty damn simple.
Why in the hell would a person pay more when you can get the same product for less? Most people don't wipe their ass with hundred dollar bills. I saved over $500 today, that buys a lot of beer, ammo or gas.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:54 AM 09-02-2016
I don't know why you guys haggle on car prices guys. You should just save up more money throughout the year. /Inmen58
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:56 AM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I don't know why you guys worry about setting your house on fire. You can just buy a new one. /Inmen58

FYP

Mad love, Inmem. But I couldn't resist. :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:34 AM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
You don't get it: WE DON'T WANT TO PAY $350 FOR SUNDAY TICKET. Especially when newbies are getting it for free.

Oh, wait, you do get it. You're just trolling.
Actually, I'm perfectly happy (well, perfectly willing) to pay $350 for Sunday Ticket streaming. I'm not willing to sign up for a monthly pay TV subscription for the privilege of paying $350 for Sunday Ticket. ESPN rewatch lets me watch Jayhawk basketball for free. I watch a little over the air and I pay for Netflix but there is no other pay content that I am interested in paying for. (I guess technically I should include Google play which allows me advertisement free YouTube.)

So Sunday ticket is the only thing I would watch in a year that I can't get over the air or stand alone streaming. Which makes signing up for Direct TV ridiculous.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:35 AM 09-02-2016
I've said it every year.....but offer me only the Chiefs games for $150 a year....and I'd pay full price for it. I don't need all of the other games. It's nice to have for my fantasy football team....but I don't NEED it.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:50 AM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Actually, I'm perfectly happy (well, perfectly willing) to pay $350 for Sunday Ticket streaming. I'm not willing to sign up for a monthly pay TV subscription for the privilege of paying $350 for Sunday Ticket. ESPN rewatch lets me watch Jayhawk basketball for free. I watch a little over the air and I pay for Netflix but there is no other pay content that I am interested in paying for. (I guess technically I should include Google play which allows me advertisement free YouTube.)

So Sunday ticket is the only thing I would watch in a year that I can't get over the air or stand alone streaming. Which makes signing up for Direct TV ridiculous.
I think I agree with that (although I'd prefer to pay $250 a year :-) ).

My monthly DTV bill without ST was about $115 (and I had nothing like HBO added). So I'm saving the difference between that and Vue. But would I pay $350 for ST for four-plus months on top of Vue? Yeah, I might. Probably.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:51 AM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I've said it every year.....but offer me only the Chiefs games for $150 a year....and I'd pay full price for it. I don't need all of the other games. It's nice to have for my fantasy football team....but I don't NEED it.
Even better.
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:20 PM 09-02-2016
I had called earlier this summer or late spring because they had raised our bill like $40. I spent several calls being transferred into dead air. I eventually went to the chat and got a retention manager's direct line and talked to him. I cancelled sunday ticket at that time, but got my bill cut in half and free HBO-Show for a few months. That expired a couple of weeks ago, so we had that shut off.

I think my only play is the "I only stay with your service because of sunday ticket and if I dont' have that I can go with the local cable provider much cheaper"...
[Reply]
lewdog 02:50 PM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
You guys have all year to save. Most of you wait u too the last minute and it hurts your bank account. Poor planning. Saving $350 for an entire is pretty damn simple.
:-)

I am sure most people here have plenty of money in the bank to pay this. It's not about that, it's about charging a ridiculous price for it. I don't mind paying half and don't expect it for free. But it's also clear DTV doesn't feel it's charging a fair price when offering it for free to new customers and making deals to existing customers. I'd rather pay half off every year then to have to call and waste my time. I wish they would just charge something reasonable. Their business model is complete shit as a company and it's sad they have the monopoly on NFL football. It's the only reason I have them.
[Reply]
Bwana 03:07 PM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I had called earlier this summer or late spring because they had raised our bill like $40. I spent several calls being transferred into dead air. I eventually went to the chat and got a retention manager's direct line and talked to him. I cancelled sunday ticket at that time, but got my bill cut in half and free HBO-Show for a few months. That expired a couple of weeks ago, so we had that shut off.

I think my only play is the "I only stay with your service because of sunday ticket and if I dont' have that I can go with the local cable provider much cheaper"...
The going with cable line gets their attention.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:15 PM 09-02-2016
You butthurt Mr Rivers pretty good Inmem :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:17 PM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You butthurt Mr Rivers pretty good Inmem :-)
Do you fucking speak English?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:19 PM 09-02-2016
I wasn't talking to you so piss off turd
[Reply]
In58men 08:45 PM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
:-)

I am sure most people here have plenty of money in the bank to pay this. It's not about that, it's about charging a ridiculous price for it. I don't mind paying half and don't expect it for free. But it's also clear DTV doesn't feel it's charging a fair price when offering it for free to new customers and making deals to existing customers. I'd rather pay half off every year then to have to call and waste my time. I wish they would just charge something reasonable. Their business model is complete shit as a company and it's sad they have the monopoly on NFL football. It's the only reason I have them.
It's a business man, they're there to make money not give away free shit every year to same guy who thinks he's a valued customer.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 80
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up