ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1503 of 3903
« First < 503100314031453149314991500150115021503 150415051506150715131553160320032503 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:49 AM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Based on what numbers?
That's a very good question Donger and honestly I don't have the numbers to back it up. I know our President has all the numbers from an economic and health side so hopefully he is making the right decision when he says the country will ease restrictions soon.

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
:-)
I get it. He can't make that money that is lost during the past month ever but my point remains he is alive and he will have the opportunity to make more money once the economy gets going again. If social distancing wasn't put into place his restaurant wouldn't be getting much business anyway. Most people would be too scared to go.

It just sucks all around but you gotta play with the cards you are dealt.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:53 AM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
That's not exactly what he said.....
I was speaking to a larger question. I think anybody suggesting opening everything back up in two weeks is saying '**** it'. That's just my opinion, of course. And it is non-political.

Then again, I've been working this entire time, and don't have the kind of cabin fever that the other 70% of the populace has. I get why people are getting antsy.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:54 AM 04-18-2020
Based on what numbers?
I'll go with numbers in the 70s. It's going to be nice out for the next week.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:57 AM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I was speaking to a larger question. I think anybody suggesting opening everything back up in two weeks is saying '**** it'. That's just my opinion, of course. And it is non-political.

Then again, I've been working this entire time, and don't have the kind of cabin fever than the other 70% of the populace has. I get why people are getting antsy.
Fair enough, and yes that would be reckless to say the least. However it does seem the majority don't understand there can be a middle ground somewhere. I see it every day in this thread.
[Reply]
Donger 11:01 AM 04-18-2020
I'll go with numbers in the 70s. It's going to be nice out for the next week.
Ambient temperature?
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:01 AM 04-18-2020
Jacksonville is trailblazing. I'm not personally gonna go to the beach because I'm severely out of shape. But I'm glad the kids get to do so.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:05 AM 04-18-2020
Fair enough, and yes that would be reckless to say the least. However it does seem the majority don't understand there can be a middle ground somewhere. I see it every day in this thread.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm having a hard time finding the middle ground.

Even WITH the guidelines in place, there are still a LOT of people out running around, not wearing masks, not distancing. People are already acting reckless. Lots of reasons why, and that's for another thread.

We saw yesterday in Florida thousands on the beach in JAX within 30 minutes of the order being lifted.

I'd be shocked if people don't take advantage of the situation when the opportunity presents itself. Give an inch, they'll take a mile. Then we're right back to February, and the late March/early April is really gonna suck this time.

As if 37k dead didn't suck enough.
[Reply]
Donger 11:12 AM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's a very good question Donger and honestly I don't have the numbers to back it up. I know our President has all the numbers from an economic and health side so hopefully he is making the right decision when he says the country will ease restrictions soon.
I get that people want, maybe need, a date. But the date should be based on numbers, not desire.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:16 AM 04-18-2020
I get that people want, maybe need, a date. But the date should be based on numbers, not desire.
I agree and I think our President knows this and will be very careful easing restrictions.
[Reply]
Spott 11:20 AM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Jacksonville is trailblazing. I'm not personally gonna go to the beach because I'm severely out of shape. But I'm glad the kids get to do so.
I used to go the beach all the time, but having a pool in the backyard kind of killed my desire to drive to Jax Beach for the day and then have to clean all the sand out of my car when I get back.
[Reply]
Donger 11:22 AM 04-18-2020
I agree and I think our President knows this and will be very careful easing restrictions.
It's up to the governors, really.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:24 AM 04-18-2020
It definitely does suck.

However, he's still alive. He can make that money back once the economy gets going again. Meanwhile if social distancing wasn't put into place countless more people would have died. There's no coming back from that.

Its definitely time to start easing the social distancing restrictions though.
How do you come up with "countless"?

You do know we all are going to get this sooner or later and almost all of us will not need to even go to the doctor. The SIP is to slow the rate of spread so hospitals arent overloaded all at once. Meanwhile a 22 trillion dollar economy is shut down and folks are losing their livelihoods daily. No bueno
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:26 AM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:

You do know we all are going to get this sooner or later and almost all of us will not need to even go to the doctor. The SIP is to slow the rate of spread so hospitals arent overloaded all at once. Meanwhile a 22 trillion dollar economy is shut down and folks are losing their livelihoods daily. No bueno
You don't think social distancing has saved lives and helped our health care system from not being overrun?
[Reply]
Donger 11:27 AM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:

The estimates of deaths without mitigation was between 1 and 2.2 million. So no, not countless.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04-18-2020, 11:36 AM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee.
jdubya 11:38 AM 04-18-2020
You don't think social distancing has saved lives and helped our health care system from not being overrun?
It`s definitely helped for sure but stopping this economy is unsustainable. I was just questioning "countless". We dont really know how many lives may or may not have been saved. It`s based on models which are about as accurate as I am when throwing a baseball with my foot. I think our CIC knows this economic shutdown is unsustainable for much longer so we are going to have to get back to work very soon and learn to deal with this new virus
[Reply]
Page 1503 of 3903
« First < 503100314031453149314991500150115021503 150415051506150715131553160320032503 > Last »
Up