ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1401 of 3903
« First < 40190113011351139113971398139914001401 140214031404140514111451150119012401 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:38 AM 04-15-2020
Parsons thinks MO will be opening up by May.
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
With how high the hospitalization rate is you would assume numbers would have gone up.
Maybe they did and we just didn't know it? I don't know. They haven't really spiked anywhere else though.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:39 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Parsons thinks MO will be opening up by May.
Maybe the middle of the state....
[Reply]
petegz28 08:40 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by mazrim1978:
My heart cath procedure to put in a stent has been canceled twice now due to being classified as elective. My ejection fraction is 30% this is a procedure I need done so I can start to recover from the heart attack I had in January.
Originally Posted by Monticore:
My colonoscopy has been cancelled again, which is definitely not as urgent as yours, but I did have large polyps removed 3 years ago so being somewhat at risk for CA I would rather have it done sooner than later.
This is what happens when you become myopic in your approach. Rightly or wrongly.

There comes a point where it's obvious you are trying kill the headache by cutting off the head.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:40 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Did you see the study I posted this morning from Scotland?

We know there are asymptomatic people out there. We don't necessarily know how many, but things are starting to show quite a few.

My thing is, if this was here in January as they now expect, why didn't it explode earlier?
That's the biggest reason I'm not convinced that the asymptomatic numbers are huge, or at least not huge enough to make that much of a difference. Herd immunity requires like 60-80% of people being immune, and even if you assume there are 10 times as many people immune as our current number of known cases, that's still only around 2% of the U.S. population right now.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:41 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Maybe the middle of the state....
He can open whatever he wants to open can't he? The KC area has been the least impacted in the state for the large metro areas. The Mayor of KC I do not believe can override the Gov if the Gov says KC is open for business.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:42 AM 04-15-2020
I guess in May..my bad.

"So I would just say sometime in may, let me just say this, sometime in May, we will start opening the state up"
[Reply]
Mecca 08:43 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
He can open whatever he wants to open can't he? The KC area has been the least impacted in the state for the large metro areas. The Mayor of KC I do not believe can override the Gov if the Gov says KC is open for business.
I live in Jackson County which honestly kinda sucks for it.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:43 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's the biggest reason I'm not convinced that the asymptomatic numbers are huge, or at least not huge enough to make that much of a difference. Herd immunity requires like 60-80% of people being immune, and even if you assume there are 10 times as many people immune as our current number of known cases, that's still only around 2% of the U.S. population right now.
And how long does a person stay asymptomatic? So let's say I was asymptomatic and I have stated home for a month then is the assumption I still have it or will always have it or has it died off?
[Reply]
ghak99 08:44 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
That makes no sense. This was to keep our hospital health care systems from being overrun. If they are not being overrun why not let those established patients in the local neighborhood clinic go in and get their normal services?
It makes perfect sense and should have been expected.

The media has spent weeks making this thing out to be the end of the world. We don't have enough ventilators!!!!! Every news channel and half the entertainment shows on TV have been telling people, especially the elderly, to stay home and hide on a 5 minute loop for weeks. As a result, everyone is canceling every appointment they have.

Dooming and glooming the public into a panic has consequences. You can't just reverse the tide. The nurses will just have to take it on the chin like the rest of us.
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:44 AM 04-15-2020
My wife and many others were furloughed last Friday. This Friday is her last day. She works at one of the main hospitals here. They told her 6-8wks and she can come back. Hopefully it works out because she loves what she does.

As others have said. They canceled all elective surgeries and postponed most doctors visits. Huge amounts of money lost so far. She administers radiation to cancer patients. Nobody’s coming in to get treated because they’re afraid of the virus and they aren’t getting many new clients due to doctors not visiting with patients. They keep saying they’re waiting for this surge so they need only essential Covid employees. They keep pushing back this surge date rather than just admitting they were wrong and there won’t be one.

Open it up already.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:44 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I live in Jackson County which honestly kinda sucks for it.
Jackson county has actually been pretty good overall.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:45 AM 04-15-2020
It depends on how it's done, but in most cases, that's not true. Local government can usually add MORE restrictions, but they can't say there are LESS.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:47 AM 04-15-2020
And how long does a person stay asymptomatic? So let's say I was asymptomatic and I have stated home for a month then is the assumption I still have it or will always have it or has it died off?
I think the theory is it's relatively short. A couple weeks for incubation, contagious without knowing it for a few days, then fine (and immune). Lots of grey areas there, though.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:47 AM 04-15-2020
Methinks it did or was starting too but was not classified as such because we weren't looking for it. This is\was one of the worst of not the worst flu season ever. But I have talked to a couple people now who went to the doctor back in Jan and Feb and though they tested negative for influenza were told they had the flu and one doctor said "it's almost like there is something else going around".
I think the previous years flu season was worse 80k deaths
[Reply]
Page 1401 of 3903
« First < 40190113011351139113971398139914001401 140214031404140514111451150119012401 > Last »
Up