ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 25
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith being shopped around?
wutamess 07:47 AM 08-18-2017
I was listening to 610 on the radio this morning and they were gushing over PMII. They were mentioning that the Chiefs were possibly entertaining AS to Jacksonville because of their confidence in PHII. They said there were trade rumors yesterday regarding this situation so I thought I'd come on here and find something but... NOTHING!

You guys heard anything?
link if so?

They also played a Mike Vick interview of him talking about PMII and Vick spoke highly of him as well. I think the interview clip was of Vick on the Cowherd show.
[Reply]
rico 12:46 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
One down...waiting for the other four to chime in with their expert opinion.
So guys who are not fans of Smith are homers now?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:48 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
Reid's politically correct "answers" you're referring to are similar to the answers about Bray. He won't say Mahomes was always gonna be the backup, just like he won't say you can't get the needed experience on the sideline, just like he won't admit we won't win a championship with Alex. Don't act like Reid's "answers" mean anything besides being politically correct amongst reporters.
I completely disagree. I think he is telling the truth.

First of all he wouldn't have traded for Alex and given him an extension if he didn't feel we could win with him. That's just stupid. Second I don't know what you expect him to say with the Alex-Mahomes situation. He already said 'Mahomes is going to take some time.' I posted a video link to it a while ago.

Certain answers obviously he is not going to tell the public everything because he doesn't want to give other teams an advantage. But he obviously does not feel Mahomes is ready yet. That's all there is to it.

You want him to say what you think is what I suspect but just because you think it does not mean Andy Reid agrees with you. It happens to me sometimes too so don't worry. Not a big deal.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:49 PM 08-18-2017
This will not fucking happen.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:55 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
So guys who are not fans of Smith are homers now?
There is a difference between obsessive hatred and not being a fan of.....
[Reply]
rico 12:58 PM 08-18-2017
There is a difference between obsessive hatred and not being a fan of.....
I don't hate Alex Smith.

I just really, really can't stand watching him as the QB of my favorite football team. It ticks me off.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:22 PM 08-18-2017
I don't hate Alex Smith.

I just really, really can't stand watching him as the QB of my favorite football team. It ticks me off.
I guess we view it differently...I'll never hate a QB that brought KC it's first post-season win in 25 years...even Trent Green and the #1 offense couldn't do it. It should have been two...but the Colts game was what it was.

I dont think he's the best QB ever...but the hate around here is kind of twisted.

I would like to see this team get to the post-season without major injuries...it hasn't happened since Reid got here.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:30 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
So if New England eats us alive that starts Mahomes on a bad path? I think the only thing Mahomes does is push Alex harder, but I don't see how Alex's success helps Mahomes in terms of the footwork/game experience/accustomed to game speed that I was told why he sits.
..didn't say that.

.the more he sees how the offense is run effectively, the more it benefits him.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:31 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
..didn't say that.

.the more he sees how the offense is run effectively, the more it benefits him.
You're not going to give the keys to the Ferrari to a kid with little driving experience.
[Reply]
notorious 01:46 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Trading Smith at this point would kill the season. He's had the reps with the ones from the start.

How will this team ever recover from missing a 1st round playoff exit.

Oh, the horror.
[Reply]
rico 01:53 PM 08-18-2017
I guess we view it differently...I'll never hate a QB that brought KC it's first post-season win in 25 years...even Trent Green and the #1 offense couldn't do it. It should have been two...but the Colts game was what it was.

I dont think he's the best QB ever...but the hate around here is kind of twisted.

I would like to see this team get to the post-season without major injuries...it hasn't happened since Reid got here.
Maybe just a preference thing, but I want a QB that throws over 23 or so TD's per year... I don't think that's too much to be wishing for. 15 TD's in a season is unacceptable. Brock Osweiler threw for as many TD's as our QB did last year...Brock...Osweiler.

So are TD's an overrated stat?
[Reply]
thegame214 01:53 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
You're not going to give the keys to the Ferrari to a kid with little driving experience.
This kid threw for 700 yards in a game last year. He can do things Alex simply cannot do. Come next April I'll bet we wish we had that 1st if it ever does get offered for Smith. Dak Prescott disagrees with your logic.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:54 PM 08-18-2017
Maybe just a preference thing, but I want a QB that throws over 23 or so TD's per year... I don't think that's too much to be wishing for. 15 TD's in a season is unacceptable. Brock Osweiler threw for as many TD's as our QB did last year...Brock...Osweiler.

So are TD's an overrated stat?
Brock Osweiler also threw 16 INTs and he didn't run for 5 TDs like Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith. Why didn't you mention that?

The most important stat is wins and losses and Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith has a proven track record in that regard.
[Reply]
notorious 01:57 PM 08-18-2017

[Reply]
notorious 01:58 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Brock Osweiler also threw 16 INTs and he didn't run for 5 TDs like Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith. Why didn't you mention that?

The most important stat is wins and losses and Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith has a proven track record in that regard.
What is Alex worth in your opinion?

At what point do you think,"Wow, we can't pass this up, even if all Alex does is win games."
[Reply]
Shekelsteinberg 01:58 PM 08-18-2017
I hope so, I can't wait to come back here when the team nosedives back into irrelevancy when he's gone and Mahomes is a bust so I can rub it in the faces of the outspoken dipshits on this cancer board.

And you can be sure that I will BigDaddyPussy.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 25
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up