ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 25
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith being shopped around?
wutamess 07:47 AM 08-18-2017
I was listening to 610 on the radio this morning and they were gushing over PMII. They were mentioning that the Chiefs were possibly entertaining AS to Jacksonville because of their confidence in PHII. They said there were trade rumors yesterday regarding this situation so I thought I'd come on here and find something but... NOTHING!

You guys heard anything?
link if so?

They also played a Mike Vick interview of him talking about PMII and Vick spoke highly of him as well. I think the interview clip was of Vick on the Cowherd show.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:32 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Of course, Condon is floating it around. Alex is more valuable right now than a year from now when he is older and has taken more hits. A trade would mean a new contract and more commission money for his agency.
exactly! I agree!

Thats why I am saying this isnt JUST some nobody local radio guy talking out of his ass...I am sure condon and the Chiefs are exploring the idea, why wouldnt they...
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 10:32 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
Or Mahomes could struggle.

I don't think Andy or Chunt would even think of trading Smith away and possibly sacrificing one of those all-important wild card game appearances.
Yeah how would we ever replace those 15 touchdown passes that our fearless leader threw last year!
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:33 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
This has a less than zero chance of happening...CHunt wouldn't tank the season with 6 national games.

Reid wouldn't lose the LR for a draft pick...these talking heads are drama-tards.

Andy isn't going to do Smith dirty...not his style.
This is a business. They have a contract. Its not 'doing him dirty' to trade him... JFC

I mean, I dont think it will happen either but to say that it would be somehow doing him dirty is just being butthurt
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:35 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rumors circulating that Darnold might not even declare and Rosen is Kaepernick 2.0 per scouts.

The more time that goes by, the more likely I think the Chiefs could get a 1st from an extremely desperate team like the Jags.
I would take 2 high seconds in a heartbeat, and would laugh about it for years
[Reply]
Coach 10:56 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That one would be a big maybe. Pittsburgh doesn't have a track record of trading for retreads. I think they'd sit at the bottom of the first and rake in another big-bodied, big-armed QB like Mason Rudolph or Josh Allen.
I think Dobbs could be their QBOTF. But I also would agree with that comment on finding a QB in the mid to late 1st round.
[Reply]
rico 11:03 AM 08-18-2017
If we want to surround Mahomes with some weapons for the long term future... getting our first round pick back this year wouldn't hurt...:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 11:06 AM 08-18-2017
No.
[Reply]
rico 11:11 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
No.
Why not, Steve?
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:13 AM 08-18-2017
No:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/lis...dex.xml?page=1
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:20 AM 08-18-2017
Alex is not being shopped around or he would not be playing the first half next preseason and they would be giving Mahomes reps with the first team in the game.

If Alex only plays a quarter then maybe it could be a sign but highly doubtful. Chiefs have no reason to trade Alex Smith this year. His job is to buy time for Patrick Mahomes II to make himself ready to be starting quarterback.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:20 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Why not, Steve?
Because it makes absolutely no sense.

Not in the short term, nor the long term.
[Reply]
rico 11:30 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Because it makes absolutely no sense.

Not in the short term, nor the long term.
Why doesn't it make any sense? I'm not saying you are wrong, I just want to read your perspective on it.
[Reply]
Buns 11:41 AM 08-18-2017
Trading Alex and starting Mahomes will put asses in the seats at Arrowhead and put the Chiefs in the mouths of all those sweet talking heads.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:49 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
This is a business. They have a contract. Its not 'doing him dirty' to trade him... JFC

I mean, I dont think it will happen either but to say that it would be somehow doing him dirty is just being butthurt
I'm not butthurt...they arent trading their starting QB who just had his best camp. I want Mahomes to start when he's ready...he's not. He's thrown for 50 yards in one preseason game against scrubs.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:49 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Why doesn't it make any sense? I'm not saying you are wrong, I just want to read your perspective on it.
Season is a month away.

PM is being groomed.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 25
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up