ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith being shopped around?
wutamess 07:47 AM 08-18-2017
I was listening to 610 on the radio this morning and they were gushing over PMII. They were mentioning that the Chiefs were possibly entertaining AS to Jacksonville because of their confidence in PHII. They said there were trade rumors yesterday regarding this situation so I thought I'd come on here and find something but... NOTHING!

You guys heard anything?
link if so?

They also played a Mike Vick interview of him talking about PMII and Vick spoke highly of him as well. I think the interview clip was of Vick on the Cowherd show.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:26 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rumors circulating that Darnold might not even declare and Rosen is Kaepernick 2.0 per scouts.

The more time that goes by, the more likely I think the Chiefs could get a 1st from an extremely desperate team like the Jags.
I think the Jags would and should do it. It would make them an instant Playoff team with all the other talent they have there. The Chiefs won't risk the season though- unless it is 2 First Rounders. Fun to dream about- like winning the lottery. :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:26 AM 08-18-2017
Be nice. Get a high pick from a team like the Jags who would still suck with ASS at the helm and build for a SB run with PM. We ain't winning shit this year so I'd trade in a heart beat for a 1st. I believe ASS is under contract for more than 1 year we are just dumping his sorry ass after this season.

DO IT ANDY!
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:33 AM 08-18-2017
Local radio dorks just making stuff up.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:33 AM 08-18-2017
It's all just smoke, nothing based in reality.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:36 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
We ain't winning shit this year so I'd trade in a heart beat for a 1st. I believe ASS is under contract for more than 1 year we are just dumping his sorry ass after this season. DO IT ANDY!
I disagree. We have a super bowl worthy defense. We have a decent chance to make the playoffs. This is not a throw away year. Mahomes is not ready. He needs to learn how to harness that natural talent at the NFL level.

Next off season, Smith will be traded to a team desperate for a QB and the Mahomes era will begin. Patience grasshopper.
[Reply]
ARROW2 08:38 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I disagree. We have a super bowl worthy defense. We have a decent chance to make the playoffs. This is not a throw away year. Mahomes is not ready. He needs to learn how to harness that natural talent at the NFL level.

Next off season, Smith will be traded to a team desperate for a QB and the Mahomes era will begin. Patience grasshopper.
Normally I would agree with the kung fu/grasshopper shit but Alex has had 5 years and it's been 47 years and counting since a SB appearance. PMII!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We AIN'T WINNING THIS YEAR WITH ALEX so Why the fuck not?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:41 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
Local radio dorks just making stuff up.
The article I saw was from nfl.com and the source was directly from Alex Smith's agent

Now, I doubt the jags will pony up what would be needed...

But Condon himself was floating this idea around...
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:48 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
The article I saw was from nfl.com and the source was directly from Alex Smith's agent

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...as-an-old-boot

And so he knows just what he’s got to do, and he’ll play really well, and for the team, they’re hoping that Pat (Mahomes) is going to be their future, but Alex is the present, and as good a football player as he is, he’s going to have opportunities whether it’s in Kansas City or someplace else.”
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:51 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:

Of course, Condon is floating it around. Alex is more valuable right now than a year from now when he is older and has taken more hits. A trade would mean a new contract and more commission money for his agency.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:10 AM 08-18-2017
Smith has already said he is just playing one year at a time. The man is far from dumb. He will go where he wants to or threaten retirement.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:13 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yeah it would be a shame if we yanked the lynchpin of our 19.3 PPG offense.
Don't overlook our dominant run game and deep stable of elite receivers.

:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:15 AM 08-18-2017
The Chiefs are going to win the Super Bowl this year. No question about it.
[Reply]
threebag 09:18 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The Chiefs are going to win the Super Bowl this year. No question about it.
:-)
[Reply]
ping2000 09:20 AM 08-18-2017
"Alex for sale!"
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:32 AM 08-18-2017
I can't see it happening right now. But then again, nobody thought that the Eagles would trade Bradford to the Vikings and start Wentz last season either. So, who knows? I'm good with whatever Dorsey, err, Veach and Reid think is best for the team.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up