ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2217 of 3903
« First < 1217171721172167220722132214221522162217 221822192220222122272267231727173217 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:54 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I just hope we have the wherewithal to reallllly implement masks and social distancing a month before 2020 fall cold and flu season. It is to be expected this issue diminishes as the summer is upon us. As did the 1918 Spanish (Kansas) Flu. It came back with a vengeance in the fall.

The cold and flu season is the cold and flu season.

Otherwise we are going to get to see Patrick Mahomes for 4 games and thats it.
:-)
[Reply]
Monticore 01:54 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Sorry I live in a state that handles these things better?
Aren't you the guy who said Texas has the best Hospitals in the world.

I don't see any Texas Hospitals listed here.

https://www.newsweek.com/best-hospitals-2020
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:55 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Aren't you the guy who said Texas has the best Hospitals in the world.

I don't see any Texas Hospitals listed here.

https://www.newsweek.com/best-hospitals-2020
Lmao how long are we going to pretend you’re not someones mult
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:57 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Is PA still in lockdown?
Yep. Although a local gym actually opened up defying the Governors/local state officials orders. See how long that lasts.

Sorry I live in a state that handles these things better?
You live in a state that has a lower population density than PA and isn't located between New York and NJ two of the states that were hit the hardest. You can't compare. Although I am glad to see Texas and other states that weren't hit as hard by the virus opening back up.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:58 PM 05-25-2020
What is a mult?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:59 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Yep. Although a local gym actually opened up defying the Governors/local state officials orders. See how long that lasts.
Tough spot. I saw bunch of gyms suing one of the northern states.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:02 PM 05-25-2020
The whole Springfield salon story is a great example of media fear mongering and making people look like assholes.

The stylist had initially tested negative which is the only reason she went back to work after feeling sick and she wore a mask as did her clients even though she has tested negative. She then still felt bad and got tested again and was positive and didn't go back to work after that. And the only other positive test has been a co worker who there is no way to know who gave it to who etc...

So unlike the headlines and media slant its good news, the people involved were actiually trying to be responsible.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:02 PM 05-25-2020
(Kansas):-)

Lol
Yeah the 1918 Spanish Flu started in a farm in Kansas. And was spread throughout the world due to deployed soldiers. It was only called the spanish flu because spain was impartial and one of the few nations reporting unbiased news.

QUOTE=BigCatDaddy;14987880]:-)[/QUOTE]

Whats so funny? I dont understand. You don't want to watch a full NFL season of football or something?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:02 PM 05-25-2020
Ive wondered about this, dude is Canadian and shows up out of nowhere and seems to know everyone on the board and the history here.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:04 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Ive wondered about this, dude is Canadian and shows up out of nowhere and seems to know everyone on the board and the history here.
Been lurking for 15 years, figured the day of the Superbowl was as good as any to join.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:05 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

You live in a state that has a lower population density than PA and isn't located between New York and NJ two of the states that were hit the hardest. You can't compare. Although I am glad to see Texas and other states that weren't hit as hard by the virus opening back up.
Population density is a small factor. We are out of the cold and flu season. This is the biggest factor. Just like every other year. The only difference is we have a much more deadly and novel virus. There is every reason to suggest that the spread of the virus will be naturally curbed during the summer and come back with a vengeance in the fall. Like it does every other year.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:05 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Tough spot. I saw bunch of gyms suing one of the northern states.
Yeah a couple of gyms have tried to open up in PA and NJ but they always end up shutting down due to the citations they get. You are right it is a tough spot for local gyms. I know their revenue relies heavily on monthly membership fees which I'm sure they had to suspend. The gym franchises can handle this shutdown much better than local gyms can.

Originally Posted by BWillie:
Population density is a small factor. We are out of the cold and flu season. This is the biggest factor. Just like every other year. The only difference is we have a much more deadly and novel virus. There is every reason to suggest that the spread of the virus will be naturally curbed during the summer and come back with a vengeance in the fall. Like it does every other year.
Okay.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:09 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The whole Springfield salon story is a great example of media fear mongering and making people look like assholes.

The stylist had initially tested negative which is the only reason she went back to work after feeling sick and she wore a mask as did her clients even though she has tested negative. She then still felt bad and got tested again and was positive and didn't go back to work after that. And the only other positive test has been a co worker who there is no way to know who gave it to who etc...

So unlike the headlines and media slant its good news, the people involved were actiually trying to be responsible.
I agree , you never get the full story which sucks most people just wanted the info and not the reporters opinion on it.
[Reply]
Donger 02:09 PM 05-25-2020
Nope you can if you want
Since you either aren't aware that you cherry-picked, or are and did so intentionally, I'll share the complete CDC estimates based on the five scenarios:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...scenarios.html

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Scenario 3:

Scenario 4:

Scenario 5:

Scenario 1 Estimated CFR = 0.2%
Scenario 2 Estimated CFR = 0.2%
Scenario 3 Estimated CFR = 1.0%
Scenario 4 Estimated CFR = 1.0%
Scenario 5 Estimated CFR = 0.4% (best estimate)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:13 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Since you either aren't aware that you cherry-picked, or are and did so intentionally, I'll share the complete CDC estimates based on the five scenarios:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...scenarios.html

Scenario 1:
  • Lower-bound values for virus transmissibility and disease severity
  • Lower percentage of transmission prior to onset of symptoms
  • Lower percentage of infections that never have symptoms and lower contribution of those cases to transmission

Scenario 2:
  • Lower-bound values for virus transmissibility and disease severity
  • Higher percentage of transmission prior to onset of symptoms
  • Higher percentage of infections that never have symptoms and higher contribution of those cases to transmission

Scenario 3:
  • Upper-bound values for virus transmissibility and disease severity
  • Lower percentage of transmission prior to onset of symptoms
  • Lower percentage of infections that never have symptoms and lower contribution of those cases to transmission

Scenario 4:
  • Upper-bound values for virus transmissibility and disease severity
  • Higher percentage of transmission prior to onset of symptoms
  • Higher percentage of infections that never have symptoms and higher contribution of those cases to transmission

Scenario 5:
  • Parameter values for disease severity, viral transmissibility, and pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic disease transmission that represent the best estimate, based on the latest surveillance data and scientific knowledge. Parameter values are based on data received by CDC prior to 4/29/2020.

Scenario 1 Estimated CFR = 0.2%
Scenario 2 Estimated CFR = 0.2%
Scenario 3 Estimated CFR = 1.0%
Scenario 4 Estimated CFR = 1.0%
Scenario 5 Estimated CFR = 0.4% (best estimate)
“Best Estimate🤣”
[Reply]
Page 2217 of 3903
« First < 1217171721172167220722132214221522162217 221822192220222122272267231727173217 > Last »
Up