ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3298 of 3903
« First < 2298279831983248328832943295329632973298 32993300330133023308334833983798 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 08:56 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
died of covid?

:-)

It happens. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 08:57 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Florida governor:
Instead of giving two doses, as recommended by the pharmaceutical manufacturer, to high-risk populations such as nursing home residents and front-line hospital workers, perhaps one dose could do, the Governor suggested Friday.i

DeSantis pointed to an article in The Wall Street Journal — it was an opinion piece written by neuroscientist Michael Segal — about the efficacy of the one-dose approach. DeSantis referred to the second dose as a “booster” shot, echoing Segal’s choice of words.

“Just get as many doses out there,” the Governor said during a mental-health roundtable in Tampa on Friday. “I’m not sure that Pfizer would agree or FDA would agree, but I think just the point is, getting that first does out really does make a difference, and I think you’ll see that.

It was designed for two. Use two. Don't half ass it and get quarter ass results.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:01 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
It was designed for two. Use two. Don't half ass it and get quarter ass results.
When you become an elected official, it also gives you degrees / expertise in every category. Medical Advice? Hell Yes Authority on Law? Absolutely

Thing is, people will read what DeSantis said and agree with him.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:01 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Meh, those old people only got a couple months left anyway....

[Reply]
Donger 09:16 AM 12-14-2020

New York state administered its first non-trial vaccine this morning to a health care worker. The Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine was administered to Sandra Lindsay, a critical care nurse at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in Queens, New York City, at about 9:20 a.m. ET Monday during a livestream organized by Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

After getting her first shot, Sandra said she felt hopeful:

"I feel hopeful today, relieved. I feel like healing is coming. I hope this marks the beginning of the end of a very painful time in our country. I want to instill public confidence that the vaccine is safe. We're in a pandemic and so we all need to do our part to put an end to the pandemic, and to not give up so soon. There's light at the end of the tunnel but we still need to continue to wear our mask, to social distance. I believe in science. As a nurse, my practice is guided by science, and so I trust that. What I don't trust is that if I contract Covid, I don't know how it will impact me or those who I come in contact with. So I encourage everyone to take the vaccine."
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:38 AM 12-14-2020
Our company got sent enough of the Pfizer vaccine for all of our employees (3500) but approximately 60% have said yes. I don't think they are very happy about that and at some point they said they are going to mandate it or you are going to have to wear lots of PPE.

I declined because I want the Moderna one which we are supposed to be getting.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:51 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Our company got sent enough of the Pfizer vaccine for all of our employees (3500) but approximately 60% have said yes. I don't think they are very happy about that and at some point they said they are going to mandate it or you are going to have to wear lots of PPE.

Damn, you went from hide in your house to being picky about which vaccine??? :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 10:53 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
died of covid?

Yes. As in both of the owners of the bar(husband/wife) contracted covid and died from it within a couple of weeks of one another.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:02 AM 12-14-2020

Out of curiosity, what do you like about the Moderna one that you don't like about the Pfizer one?
[Reply]
TLO 11:05 AM 12-14-2020

Can I pay a visit to your company and help them use up the unused Pfizer vaccine?
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:28 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Out of curiosity, what do you like about the Moderna one that you don't like about the Pfizer one?
Good question and reading about each of them the Moderna seems to have less severe symptoms and they didn't have anybody get a severe case of Covid. I believe the Pfizer vaccine did.

Probably some of this is also they aren't first but if the Pfizer vaccine was the only one we had I would definitely get it but I have a choice.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:28 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Don't trust the Germans.
[Reply]
O.city 11:36 AM 12-14-2020
Good question and reading about each of them the Moderna seems to have less severe symptoms and they didn't have anybody get a severe case of Covid. I believe the Pfizer vaccine did.

Probably some of this is also they aren't first but if the Pfizer vaccine was the only one we had I would definitely get it but I have a choice.
The severe Covid was in the placebo arm IIRC.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:36 AM 12-14-2020

One patient out of 18,000 got a severe case of COVID.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:36 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The severe Covid was in the placebo arm IIRC.
10 total, 9 in placebo, 1 in the active arm.
[Reply]
Page 3298 of 3903
« First < 2298279831983248328832943295329632973298 32993300330133023308334833983798 > Last »
Up