ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2802 of 3903
« First < 1802230227022752279227982799280028012802 280328042805280628122852290233023802 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 02:25 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Federal? Nope. It all starts at home my friend. Each city should be responsible for itself and then county and then state.

Federal is last on the list for responsibility...
Lol.

Did you see how surge states like NY and AZ handled this? Just winging it with different and terrible ideas. Mismanaged across the board.

City? Local government officials with tiny ass budgets? Holy shit that’s hilarious!!!

This is a huge issue which requires top-down leadership to be successful.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:27 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Agreed, its all mostly pretend to score covid virtue points in internet arguments.

The flipside is in cultures that value their elderly, they're mostly living at home with their kids and grandkids which might be deadlier than a facility just due to our daily lives. Facilities are fine but we need to start treating them with an ICU level of urgency and not staff them with people that aren't fit to even care for themselves let alone someone more susceptible. Obviously that comes at a cost so there are no easy answers.
My mother-in-law lives with us. I’m 100% certain she’s safer there than anywhere else. That’s just one household though.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:30 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Central Iowa. The city close to me opened up some unused public housing for “overflow” effectively segregating the exposed from those coming in.

Of course, there isn’t nearly enough in many cases so yeah. state and federal cooperation could definitely help.
All rehabs here and hospitals had separate COVID wings setup, still within the same building but staff working that unit could only go to that unit and work no where else. Sadly it still takes people working in close contact with these patients in healthcare. It’s easily spread from workers to patients like this and can be largely unavoidable once even 1 worker brings COVID in.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:31 PM 08-08-2020
:-)
The average life expectancy is the US is lower than most first first world nations, and there are many excess deaths every year just by not having universal health care and probably more covid deaths that could have been avoided as well.

Your medical system is inherently selfish .
[Reply]
jdubya 02:32 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Lol.

Did you see how surge states like NY and AZ handled this? Just winging it with different and terrible ideas. Mismanaged across the board.

City? Local government officials with tiny ass budgets? Holy shit that’s hilarious!!!

This is a huge issue which requires top-down leadership to be successful.
I don’t disagree that many screwed the pooch but that is how the system is supposed to be structured. Feds are last ditch. Many counties were very prepared on their own and many were not.

Need to stop there I guess because pointing fingers belongs in DC
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:33 PM 08-08-2020
My mother-in-law lives with us. I’m 100% certain she’s safer there than anywhere else. That’s just one household though.
Right. I live in a Hispanic community with 3, sometimes 4 generations living in the same household. Kids going to school, mom and dad working public facing jobs is ripe for abuela to get taken out. But what's the alternative, a facility with some GED nosepicker out protesting every night checking in on her daily? It's a tough situation that I don't have the answers to but hopefully can be addressed as a result of this.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:33 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Agreed, its all mostly pretend to score covid virtue points in internet arguments.

The flipside is in cultures that value their elderly, they're mostly living at home with their kids and grandkids which might be deadlier than a facility just due to our daily lives. Facilities are fine but we need to start treating them with an ICU level of urgency and not staff them with people that aren't fit to even care for themselves let alone someone more susceptible. Obviously that comes at a cost so there are no easy answers.
We spent $25k to test 200 employees at our rehab back in May. We are a small company. This last time it came through we couldn’t afford to do that again. Buying PPE alone is draining our small company and there’s no monetary help in place.
[Reply]
jdubya 02:40 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The average life expectancy is the US is lower than most first first world nations, and there are many excess deaths every year just by not having universal health care and probably more covid deaths that could have been avoided as well.

Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit. Much of Canada’s health care blows balls compared to the US.

The discussion doesn’t belong here
[Reply]
lewdog 02:40 PM 08-08-2020
I had to treat patients in our rehab this week as our full time Speech Therapist was out this week. First time in years. We have no known COVID cases currently. Nurses and therapist are doing the following as precaution anyway. We are wearing n95 masks with surgical over the top, face shields, gowns and gloves. I lost about 5 lbs this week!
[Reply]
Monticore 02:40 PM 08-08-2020
We spent $25k to test 200 employees at our rehab back in May. We are a small company. This last time it came through we couldn’t afford to do that again. Buying PPE alone is draining our small company and there’s no monetary help in place.
It is pretty crazy the amount of PPE you go through even when you ration .
[Reply]
Monticore 02:45 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Get the **** out of here with your bullshit. Much of Canada’s health care blows balls compared to the US.

The discussion doesn’t belong here
You are the one who brought up caring for others , you are right though wrong place .
[Reply]
lewdog 02:48 PM 08-08-2020
It is pretty crazy the amount of PPE you go through even when you ration .
And the price gouging is still happening. Paying 400-500% more for gowns and masks than we used to.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:49 PM 08-08-2020

Did you catch the “non-political” part of the thread title? The simple fact is if people would stop being stupid and start looking out for people other than themselves, we wouldn’t need state healthcare. I could tell you why but I’m actually going to adhere to the not making it political part.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:52 PM 08-08-2020
And the price gouging is still happening. Paying 400-500% more for gowns and masks than we used to.
My wife is paying 5x times more for masks than before.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:57 PM 08-08-2020
Did you catch the “non-political” part of the thread title? The simple fact is if people would stop being stupid and start looking out for people other than themselves, we wouldn’t need state healthcare. I could tell you why but I’m actually going to adhere to the not making it political part.
I kept It as medical as possible , so I won’t elaborate.
[Reply]
Page 2802 of 3903
« First < 1802230227022752279227982799280028012802 280328042805280628122852290233023802 > Last »
Up