ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>Busted ankle and Opioids
Holladay 02:26 PM 03-14-2019
My big dogs were playing with me while I was on a sheet of ice. Boom goes the dynamite!

Surgery, plates and screws. I have a bottle of Oxycodone 5 mg x 42 pills. 1 pill every 4 hrs.

The day after op, I was popping them like candy. Helped a bit. 3 days after, 1 per 3.5 hrs. 6 days post op I will take 2-3 for the whole day. Wakeup, Bedtime and a misc.

So the question is how does a person become addicted to these suckers?

I still have 5 more weeks in the cast, then 2-4 in a boot.

Tomorrow, I'll see if just ibuprofen 200 mg will do.

Do they use get high? Trips? Or is there pseudo pain that people use to feel better?
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:25 AM 05-17-2020
Whenever I feel muscle pain or injure my bones, the first option is a muscle relaxer which you can buy without a prescription nowdays. Occasionally I would use some Biofreeze to cool off the area. Ibuprofen doesn't help me so much but it did wonders when I had a gum infection a few years back. I would never use opioids unless I had no other options left and the pain was impossible to deal with. Everybody experiences pain differently and some drugs may work better for some people but not for others. Nevertheless, start with something light. Then work your way up to other drugs which may be more effective but are less addictive and have lesser side effects. Compression wraps, sleeves or braces work very well also.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:27 PM 05-17-2020
Needed Oxys and Norco post throat surgery awhile ago......while it did wonders for the pain it stopped my GI tract immediately. I tried prune juice, docuset, stool softeners, everything.....nothing helped. It finally came to a point I truly thought I was going to go to the ER for a C section lol so I stopped the narcs immediately. Took about 2 days and then I needed a seatbelt while sitting on the toilet....never felt such relief in my life. How folks get hooked on something that stops the pipes from flowing is weird to me....
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up