ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 181
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:10 PM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So 8-74 is probably too amitious - but if they play the way they did last night they could win a few games.
They'd get blown out in every game they played.

Originally Posted by :
Williamson, Barrett and Reddish all might be the second best player on a quite a few bad nba teams
Based on what evidence? Beating a bunch of guys right out of high school last night who have had virtually no coaching or practice time? And it's not like we're not talking about the second coming of LeBron James with any of those Duke guys either.

The NCAA level is a joke in comparison to the NBA and anybody who watches both levels somewhat regularly should be able to recognize that.

I've actually watched both the Mavericks and the Cavs (arguably the worst teams in the NBA in 2018-2019) in person this year and both have enough very solid pros who would absolutely kick the shit out of a bunch of college players.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:12 PM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
This was being said of 2015 Kentucky after a few games. They lost in the Final Four
It was dumb then too.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:13 PM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Based on what evidence? Beating a bunch of guys right out of high school last night who have had virtually no coaching or practice time? And it's not like we're not talking about the second coming of LeBron James with any of those Duke guys either.

The NCAA level is a joke in comparison to the NBA and anybody who watches both levels somewhat regularly should be able to recognize that.

I've actually watched both the Mavericks and the Cavs (arguably the worst teams in the NBA in 2018-2019) in person this year and both have enough very solid pros who would absolutely kick the shit out of a bunch of college players.
I don’t know - could Ronda Rousey beat up Floyd Mayweather?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:16 PM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I don’t know - could Ronda Rousey beat up Floyd Mayweather?
Now that was a good thread here. That may still take the cake for most absurd sports claim on this website.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:35 PM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
If those exact scenarios happened the NBA team would still win by 30-40 points
How do you win by 30-40 when your shots aren't falling and your opponent is hitting all their threes?

Now that takes some God-like talent.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:35 PM 11-07-2018
Now that was a good thread here. That may still take the cake for most absurd sports claim on this website.
Better than 120 lb Bruce Lee kicking Tysons ass?
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 09:41 PM 11-07-2018
I’ve shared this before, but I remember getting into a massive argument with a dude about how he was positive the UCONN womens bball team back in the day, could beat some of the worst D-I mens bball teams. It was a laughable point, those girls would get absolutely destroyed and it wouldn’t even be close.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:19 PM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
I’ve shared this before, but I remember getting into a massive argument with a dude about how he was positive the UCONN womens bball team back in the day, could beat some of the worst D-I mens bball teams. It was a laughable point, those girls would get absolutely destroyed and it wouldn’t even be close.
ANY of the good boys high school teams would destroy them. Too big of a size, strength, and athleticism difference. It wouldn’t even be close.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:19 PM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
If those exact scenarios happened the NBA team would still win by 30-40 points
No, they would not.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:24 PM 11-07-2018

Absolutely agree with all of this.

I hate when people say “well Duke has 7 (or whatever number) NBA players.”

Uhhh...the worst NBA team has 15 NBA players. All sorts of star college players become role players or worse in the NBA. Only the exceptional talents (maybe 2-3 per draft) become stars. Some drafts have even fewer than that.

The worst NBA teams are basically college/international All Star teams with years of development under the best training and coaching that the world has to offer. Additionally, they are full time players. This is their career.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 11:00 PM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
ANY of the good boys high school teams would destroy them. Too big of a size, strength, and athleticism difference. It wouldn’t even be close.
My thoughts exactly!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 AM 11-08-2018
Also, Vick still has no idea how to play basketball. The hope is that him starting/playing minutes is only temporary. This team has enough depth for him not to play serious minutes.
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Vick passed on that open 3
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Problem with Vick is his jumper starts out hot at the beginning of the year and fades to nothing towards the end. He can rebound but still takes bad shots and struggles to drive to the cup.
All of this is giving Vick way too much credit and the other 9 players worthy of minutes not enough. He's trash at everything except open threes and the occasional transition basket in this sport.
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Vick is really a waste of space at this point.
Vick is still terrible. No clue what he's doing here still.
glad to see everyone coming around to my 2018 opinion of Vick. There is no reason for him to be starting with the talent we have this year.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:55 AM 11-08-2018
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
How do you win by 30-40 when your shots aren't falling and your opponent is hitting all their threes?

Now that takes some God-like talent.
because they wouldnt need to hit shots when they can get easy layups and dunks
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:56 AM 11-08-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
glad to see everyone coming around to my 2018 opinion of Vick. There is no reason for him to be starting with the talent we have this year.
But he will save our ass 1 or 3 conference games this year. Seems to happen with guys that take the brunt of the fans jeering.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:03 AM 11-08-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Vick has always been bad. It's not a new Revelation.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 181
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up