ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3634 of 3903
« First < 2634313435343584362436303631363236333634 3635363636373638364436843734 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
carlos3652 08:49 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I do find this presentation to be much more meaningful (via /u/DarrenLu/ on reddit). I'll note, however, that the poster uses red for both hospitalizations (on top) and breakthrough infections in general (on bottom), which is a little confusing.

So knowing this, and showing that 99% of the population does not get hospitalized if you are unvaccinated... WHY are they planning to force this?
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:52 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
So knowing this, and showing that 99% of the population does not get hospitalized if you are unvaccinated... WHY are they planning to force this?
Because people want to go back to normal. But unfortunately ICUs are filling up all over the midwest and south, so that's not possible right now.

Also kids can't get vaccinated yet. So even if the risk is small, vaccinated parents are frustrated that anti-vaxxers are out there endangering their kids.
[Reply]
carlos3652 08:57 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Because we want to go back to normal. But unfortunately ICUs are filling up all over the midwest and south, so that's not possible right now.
So 1% of the population is filling up ICU's to the point that we cant function as a society?

And it should no longer be 1% because more than 1/2 the population has been vaccinated.

From my understanding, only 20-30% of the ICU's are covid related... what about all the other issues?

Info does not compute.

Again, the Vax works and is efficient, but forcing people is wrong.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:03 PM 08-09-2021
When ICUs fill up it pushes out other elective surgery which can have real consequences. It also traumatizes front line health care workers, some of whom can't take it anymore and are quitting or moving into other disciplines.

And believe it or not, it hurts some of us still when a vaxx-hesitant father of four dies because he's been taken in by youtube videos. And then the wife regrets ever getting vaccine advice from Facebook. And the whole thing is just sad.

Do you want me to keep posting those? Because they still come fast and furious. I just stopped posting them because I was told they are redundant.

Also you ignored the whole part about anti-vaxxers endangering kids under 12 who can't get vaccinated yet. Would you like me to keep posting kids who die from this? Because again I was told those are redundant.
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:14 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
When ICUs fill up it pushes out other elective surgery which can have real consequences. It also traumatizes front line health care workers, some of whom can't take it anymore and are quitting or moving into other disciplines.

And believe it or not, it hurts some of us still when a vaxx-hesitant father of four dies because he's been taken in by youtube videos. And then the wife regrets ever getting vaccine advice from Facebook. And the whole thing is just sad.

Do you want me to keep posting those? Because they still come fast and furious. I just stopped posting them because I was told they are redundant.

Also you ignored the whole part about anti-vaxxers endangering kids under 12 who can't get vaccinated yet. Would you like me to keep posting kids who die from this? Because again I was told those are redundant.
Not going to argue. No point.

My family is 90% vaxxed. My child had RSV 2 weeks ago. That shit is going around. Children Mercy South had 0 of their RSV kids test positive from Covid as of 2 weeks ago when we got tested (per our nurse). Tons of kids getting hospitalized for RSV which is just as scary.

So you are blaming the 5.3 billion people in the world causing these variants? because none of the 90 million people left who are eligible in the US caused any of these... (Delta, Lambda, Gamma, etc)

You are seeing tons of kids under the age of 12 dying from Covid? Haven't seen those figures, would be interesting to see them.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:15 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I do find this presentation to be much more meaningful (via /u/DarrenLu/ on reddit). I'll note, however, that the poster uses red for both hospitalizations (on top) and breakthrough infections in general (on bottom), which is a little confusing.

This doesn't compute. It shows that for every 102k unvaccinated there are 417 deaths. This means that ~.4% of everyone that is unvaccinated will die. Currently about half the country is fully vaccinated leaving around 166 million people unvaccinated. If .4% of all unvaccinated are dying from this, that would be over 1.3M deaths which is over double the actual deaths from the beginning of the pandemic, most of those being when a vaccine wasn't available. What am I missing?
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:22 PM 08-09-2021
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c....htm#SexAndAge

There are 349 deaths listed as Covid for 0-17 year olds in the US since 2020. 842 died of Pneumonia (not covid) in that same timeframe.
[Reply]
loochy 09:24 PM 08-09-2021
So 1% of the population is filling up ICU's to the point that we cant function as a society?

And it should no longer be 1% because more than 1/2 the population has been vaccinated.

From my understanding, only 20-30% of the ICU's are covid related... what about all the other issues?

Info does not compute.

Again, the Vax works and is efficient, but forcing people is wrong.
Yes, that 1% makes a huge difference. Remember, ICUs are not large, so just a small influx of patients can overrun one. I'd say they range anywhere from 5 to 40 beds. When you hear that "ICUs are full", that doesn't mean everyone in town is sick, it means the ICU reached that smallish capacity.

The thing is that the ICUs are designed to always be somewhat near capacity (because it's incredibly expensive to have beds sitting empty). The forecasts for capacity were based on pre-covid days, so this is throwing a wrench into all of that forecasting. Previously, they'd just send overflow to the next nearest hospital, but they cant do that anymore because those ICUs are full too.

Now, the problem is where to put car crash victims or gunshot victims when the ICU is full of insulin-resistant fatties that could have taken a shot to stay out of that ICU.

In general, the problem doesn't effect a huge number of people, but when it's your turn and you accidentally chop your arm off with a band saw, you'll really be wishing those people took their shots.
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:27 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:

In general, the problem doesn't effect a huge number of people, but when it's your turn and you accidentally chop your arm off with a band saw, you'll really be wishing those people took their shots.
100%. I can get behind this rationale. We need to better equip our hospitals, especially during seasonality spikes.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:33 PM 08-09-2021
Months ago, the CDC admitted there was “likely a substantial undercount of all SARS-CoV-2 infections among fully vaccinated persons.” But instead of trying to determine the real number, they announced they were going to stop counting cases among the vaccinated unless they were hospitalized or died.

If the CDC knew that there was a serious underestimate of the real numbers, and now they’ve stopped counting and have no idea how many vaccinated people are infected, how can they say that it’s the unvaccinated who are spreading disease?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:12 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Months ago, the CDC admitted there was “likely a substantial undercount of all SARS-CoV-2 infections among fully vaccinated persons.” This was because they didn’t include those who only had one shot or count those who had their second shot 5-10 days earlier. But instead of trying to determine the real number, they announced they were going to stop counting cases among the vaccinated unless they were hospitalized or died.

If the CDC knew that there was a serious underestimate of the real numbers, and now they’ve stopped counting and have no idea how many vaccinated people are infected, how can they say that it’s the unvaccinated who are spreading disease?
How can you be so dense?
[Reply]
stevieray 05:01 AM 08-10-2021
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c....htm#SexAndAge

There are 349 deaths listed as Covid for 0-17 year olds in the US since 2020. 842 died of Pneumonia (not covid) in that same timeframe.

^no on will touch this^

For decades, people have died from the flu in the hundreds of thousands.

Yet we don't mandate a flu shot?

Why?

this seems like control, not health.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:00 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
^no on will touch this^

Why?

There is several states that mandate health care workers get the flu shot. Also many hospitals mandate it as well.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:01 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
^no on will touch this^

Why?

You can't possibly not know the answer to that. You might not agree or care or whatever, but you have to know by now.

And if you really don't, loochy answered it in the post after the one you quoted.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:04 AM 08-10-2021
100%. I can get behind this rationale. We need to better equip our hospitals, especially during seasonality spikes.
COVID isn't seasonal and RSV isn't new either my son was hospitalized with it 16 years ago almost need intubation we a just seeing more cases now because we stopped wearing masks and social distancing.
[Reply]
Page 3634 of 3903
« First < 2634313435343584362436303631363236333634 3635363636373638364436843734 > Last »
Up