ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Looking for suggestions: BBQ Sauce
Indian Chief 04:28 PM 12-02-2019
A while back someone on CP had recommended Cowtown's Night of the Living Bar-B-Q Sauce. I wish I remembered who had said it because I'd send you a bottle of bourbon. It was suggested as the best bottled BBQ sauce and I agree. I usually make my own sauces, but this really was fantastic.

I had been getting it on amazon, but they want $16 for 2 bottles and I found it on here, https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com, for half the price. (And they have free shipping until midnight tonight.) Before I pull the trigger on an order, is there anything else on there that you'd recommend trying? I could use some suggestions for stocking stuffers or general gifts. :-)
[Reply]
eDave 02:58 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So you learned how to figure out who thumbed down ya and now you're just looking to celebrate it, eh?

Because really, this post should end up hidden due to low vote totals when all is said and done.

This is an objectively terrible take.
Oh man! I look up to you.

Hey, you really want to give me a hard time? Scho treated me to a night out to Bourbon and Bones in Scottsdale. Great meat, great bourbon. I ordered a Captain and Coke and a Chicken Caesar Salad. He was flabbergasted. LOL
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:47 AM 12-03-2019
The 'secret' of Firebug is blackberry puree.

Delicious. . . .
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:04 AM 12-03-2019
I make a killer bbq sauce
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:45 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Surprised they don't carry Black Market sauces, I was going to suggest them. Small BB-Q joint in Moberly, MO. Their Q is average but that sauce is top grade. I am glad I can get it here in CoMo at the Hy-Vee.
This. Nzoner used to bootleg cases of that stuff back to St Joe. It's the perfect sweet/spicy combination.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:13 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Groves:
They still make it?!

I talked to the inventor of it a few years back and he said they sold the recipe to someone else and they didn’t make it anymore.

Are you saying that I can purchase Firebug Hot here and now in Dec 2019!!??

UPDATE: went to the link in the op and ordered a bunch of firebug hot. Hope it’s the same as the old stuff. Thanks CP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went without it for a bit after I moved from KC. When I ordered it a while back I noticed the bottle shape and branding were a bit different and figured they may have changed ownership. I didn't notice any difference in taste though. Still tasty af.
[Reply]
tooge 10:08 AM 12-03-2019
I like Rufus Teague's line of sauces. Particularly the original. But my go to sauce is homemade. Tinker with the "parts", but it's basically ketchup, molasses, soy sauce, worchestershire, garlic powder, and pepper. I add a little cayenne if I want it spicy. If you can find sorgum molasses it's even better but it's tougher to come by.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:25 AM 12-03-2019
A few of my favorites:

Jack Stack Spicy
Rosedale (I have Wyandotte in my blood)
Papa Bob’s Bobanero
Blind Box (they’ll give you an assortment to try)
[Reply]
xbarretx 10:29 AM 12-03-2019
#1 Gates

#2 Blue Hog

#3 ... see #1 & #2
[Reply]
sedated 10:40 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm in a barbecue sauce desert here in Denver right now. All of the sauce I can get at the store is pretty meh.
Even in KC the BBQ sauce selection at a grocery store can be kinda terrible.

Having briefly dabbled in that industry, what gets on the shelves is all about money and clout. Once you strip away the different brands, its about 4 companies that make up 90% of a grocery store's products.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:41 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
A few of my favorites:

Jack Stack Spicy
Rosedale (I have Wyandotte in my blood)
Papa Bob’s Bobanero
Blind Box (they’ll give you an assortment to try)
I love Rosedale sauce too. I like it on chicken strips. I have a big bottle in my fridge right now. That sauce has to be refrigerated, so you can't really ship it unless you put it on dry ice.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:49 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Go ahead and crap on me, but I always have a squeeze bottle of KC Masterpiece on hand. Anything different has negligible differences.
I'm not going to crap on you, but KC Masterpiece is made by the same people who make Clorox. You get what you pay for, Masterpiece is $.88 a bottle in KC. If you like Masterpiece, they sell the original formula in a bottle with a silver and black label here in KC. It's the real stuff with brown sugar and not HFCS like the cheap shit. I use it when I make pit smoked beans.
[Reply]
burt 11:16 AM 12-03-2019
Damn....now I am hungry as hell.
[Reply]
sedated 11:31 AM 12-03-2019
I gotta admit, there is a use for KC Masterpiece. It's terrible on real BBQ, but if you get some chicken strips/nuggets and they forget to give you BBQ sauce, its not bad. I've also made a good BBQ chicken pizza with it.
[Reply]
Strongside 11:50 AM 12-03-2019
A few of my comp go-to's:

Blues Hog Tennessee Red
Blues Hog Smokey Mountain
Eat BBQ IPO
[Reply]
dmahurin 01:15 PM 12-03-2019
If you like a thick molasses-y type sauce, blues hog is absolutely incredible. Its become my favorite go to sauce.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up