ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Stephen Belichick a name to keep an eye on?
UChieffyBugger 07:06 PM 11-02-2019
So recently it's been revealed that Bill's son, Steve Belichick, has been calling plays for the defense this season HERE. Now obviously being the son of Belichick is gonna come with expectations and privileges. But when you look at his record he's been involved In the Pats system since 2012 In some capacity and has worked his way up from defensive assistant, to safeties/secondary coach to now calling plays for a defense that is on a historic run (even though their poor opposition has obviously played a huge part in that).

In a world where young guys like McVay, Shanahan, Zac Taylor etc are getting head coaching jobs in their early 30s, I wonder how long it will be before someone makes a move for him? Or are the Pats grooming him to be Bill's eventual replacement? Bill's tree may not have achieved much, but can you imagine the knowledge Stephen must have learned from his father? Kyle Shanahan is certainly using everything his father taught him right now that's for sure :-)

Andy is not gonna last forever so that's why I often find myself looking out for young coaches with potential...the next great head coach is out there...it's just a matter of who gets lucky enough to spot them early and give them a chance.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:19 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Name me a former Pats coach that has won a Super Bowl, besides Sean Payton.
Sean Payton never coached in NE.

He coached under Fassel for the Giants and Parcells in Dallas where he was co-coordinator with Todd Haley.

He never coached In NE.

Bill Belichick is the only one I know of who has amounted to anything. He was the DB coach/assistant HC under Parcells when they went to the Super Bowl in 1996. From what I understand, he was the go-between for Parcells and Kraft.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:21 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Sean Payton never coached in NE.

He coached under Fassel for the Giants and Parcells in Dallas where he was co-coordinator with Todd Haley.

He never coached In NE.
You're right, my bad. I was remembering Parcell's coaching tree.

Name a former Belichick assistant coach that has won a Super Bowl is a trick question. No former Belichick assistant coach has won a Super Bowl.

What about playoff success, you might be tempted to ask? How's this grab you . ..

Al Groh, Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniels, Jim Schwartz, Bill O’Brien, Matt Patricia — scream mediocrity and futility. Coaches who have worked under Belichick have combined for one NFL playoff win (O’Brien).

Like I said, as many others have as well, "thanks but no thanks, I'll pass."
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:24 PM 12-02-2019
You're right, my bad. I was remembering Parcell's coaching tree.
Yeah the moral of the story is Pats assistants are usually dogshit away from BB and TB.

And fuck UQueifyBurger for ever starting this thread.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:33 PM 12-02-2019
Yeah the moral of the story is Pats assistants are usually dogshit away from BB and TB.

And **** UQueifyBurger for ever starting this thread.
Concur on all of that.

Another academically interesting sidenote:

When looking at the success of the Parcell's coaching tree vs. the Bill Walsh coaching tree, it turns out that the Walsh West Coast offensive system is far more successful at bringing home championships. At least if you look at it in terms of how many other former assistants brought at least one home.

But yeah, in closing, this is a really stupid thread.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:53 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
And this post represents why so many fans on this forum are plain dumb with no hope for the future. Forget getting a HC who could potentially win us a chip one day..oh no "he's from the pats and I'm so jealous of their success that I'd stop supporting the team if we got him"...smh what a buffoon.
Lol I love how you actually have no idea why people are disagreeing with you despite some pretty clear cut explanations.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:42 AM 12-03-2019
Did you learn nothing from the Horrid Pioli/Crennel/Cassel fiasco of 2012?

People actually died. We wore black to games. I wore a bag over my head. We flew banners.

It was horrific.

#NeverForget
This dumbass clearly wasn't a fan of the team back then. By the way he acts, I'd venture to say he was still wearing diapers at the time.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:48 AM 12-03-2019
Name me a former Pats coach that has won a Super Bowl.
PETE CARROLL :-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:49 AM 12-03-2019
Aaaaaaand he just hit a whole 'nother level of dumb.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:59 AM 12-03-2019
I'd say Romper this thread but then again there are Brotherfucker Pats fan living in the Romper room and they would spew their load all over it.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:19 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Aaaaaaand he just hit a whole 'nother level of dumb.
WHO THE FECK IS THIS CLOWN? :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:29 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
WHO THE FECK IS THIS CLOWN? :-)
Obviously he is part of the inner circle and you tried to steal Andy Reid chili fries like and idiot.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:01 PM 12-03-2019
Did you learn nothing from the Horrid Pioli/Crennel/Cassel fiasco of 2012?

People actually died. We wore black to games. I wore a bag over my head. We flew banners.

It was horrific.

#NeverForget
This.

Originally Posted by Rain Man:
During the darkest of times, I was watching successful pass plays from high school games just so I could remember what good football was.
:-)

It's funny because the Chiefs were allegedly "playing good football".
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up