ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Stephen Belichick a name to keep an eye on?
UChieffyBugger 07:06 PM 11-02-2019
So recently it's been revealed that Bill's son, Steve Belichick, has been calling plays for the defense this season HERE. Now obviously being the son of Belichick is gonna come with expectations and privileges. But when you look at his record he's been involved In the Pats system since 2012 In some capacity and has worked his way up from defensive assistant, to safeties/secondary coach to now calling plays for a defense that is on a historic run (even though their poor opposition has obviously played a huge part in that).

In a world where young guys like McVay, Shanahan, Zac Taylor etc are getting head coaching jobs in their early 30s, I wonder how long it will be before someone makes a move for him? Or are the Pats grooming him to be Bill's eventual replacement? Bill's tree may not have achieved much, but can you imagine the knowledge Stephen must have learned from his father? Kyle Shanahan is certainly using everything his father taught him right now that's for sure :-)

Andy is not gonna last forever so that's why I often find myself looking out for young coaches with potential...the next great head coach is out there...it's just a matter of who gets lucky enough to spot them early and give them a chance.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:01 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Cool. You deserve an Anthony Lynn hire. Enjoy it. You asked for it.
That won't happen. The Chiefs have already met their lifetime quota of "things the Chiefs could do that won't piss me off" when they selected a 1st round QB. I expect absolutely nothing else to fall in to that category until I have long departed the Earth.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:23 PM 11-02-2019
Will he go for it from the 50 down 7 in the last 4 minutes?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:33 PM 11-02-2019
My guess is Kafka or the RB coach we got from USC will have next
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:39 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
That won't happen. The Chiefs have already met their lifetime quota of "things the Chiefs could do that won't piss me off" when they selected a 1st round QB. I expect absolutely nothing else to fall in to that category until I have long departed the Earth.
You know the Chargers are going to miss the playoffs with that jackass in charge, right?

He's uninventive. Unimaginative. He's far more likely to piss away Mahomes as Reid is.

And it's really difficult to hire a great head coach. You have to find one first. That takes some doing. More than likely your new fancy coach is going to be a retread or Anthony Lynn.

Again, I'd rather take my chances with Andy Reid.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:01 AM 11-03-2019
"His crap."

Tell me what Andy Reid's crap is.

And if you ****ing say "clock management" please go ****ing kill yourself. You're the same dumb**** who said we should pay out the ass for Leveon Bell.

If we fire Andy Reid, that's fine. Just don't come crawling to me when we end up hiring some Anthony Lynn mother****er who has ZERO chance of ever beating Bill Belichick instead of just losing to him on Dee Ford's idiocy.
Lol at this absolute tool talking about "Lynn" as if he's some "terrible" coach when the man matched Reids record last season and has had to deal with injury after injury just like fat ass Andy is now :-)

You're an IDIOT smh. And just like the other coward on this thread you come forth with the pathetic "kill yourself" line which merely reveals what a worthless piece of trash you are.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 12:06 AM 11-03-2019
Also, isn't Lynn the opposite of "uninventive. Unimaginative." with all the new age training and VR stuff?
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:16 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Blah blah blah Leveon Bell waaaaaaaahhhhhhh blah blah blah.
Shut up.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:53 AM 11-03-2019
Shut up.
Lol got utterly shut down and now this prick is talking about "Bell" when many on this forum was praying for the Chiefs to trade for him at the deadline!!! CLOWN :-)
[Reply]
notorious 02:08 AM 11-03-2019
People are raised/programed to be who they are. He may have the base programming, but he probably lacks the little edge that separates good from great.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 11-03-2019
Lol got utterly shut down and now this prick is talking about "Bell" when many on this forum was praying for the Chiefs to trade for him at the deadline!!! CLOWN :-)
I didn't get shut down about shit. You and several other fucking retards on this board let the fucking retard Philly fans lay eggs in your brain about "clock management" like it's the most important aspect a football coach can have.

And whenever you say it, it makes you look dumber and dumber, like you know a thing or two about being an NFL coach and how to spot a great NFL coach. So much so that when I said, "Okay, if Reid isn't good enough for you, would you be satisfied with hiring a mediocre-at-best coach like Anthony Lynn, who seemed like an okay hire at the time but is plain to anybody with eyes that he's in over his head with this head coach stuff?" that you almost said, "Sure! Anthony Lynn is fine with me!"

The response from you and Sweets was not a rejection of Anthony Lynn. At all. Just more posturing about how much you hate Andy Reid and his clock management.

That's all you fucking losers got. "Duuhhhhr he doesn't have disciplined teams and he's got bad clock management! And he makes all of the bad personnel decisions, too!!!!"

You guys are fucking clueless. You have no proof of anything. This isn't Pioli/Crennel. It's something really good that we have brewing with Pat and Andy together, and you want to flush it all down the fucking toilet.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:57 AM 11-03-2019
You guys are fucking clueless. You have no proof of anything. This isn't Pioli/Crennel. It's something really good that we have brewing with Pat and Andy together, and you want to flush it all down the fucking toilet.
It's amazing this even needs to be said.
[Reply]
CrookedTrump 09:02 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Bills HC just forced him off the warm-up field a few weeks ago.....said he was watching them for an "uncomfortably" long time.

Of course he ****ing cheats...he's a Belichick.
Lol...watching is now cheating!!! Pats have everyone losing thier minds and have been for a long time, and all it does is help the Pats.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:07 AM 11-03-2019
LOL nah bro!!!..he's A NEW MAN NOW!!!..and you can tell he's just as stern and intense as his father :-)

[Reply]
MahiMike 09:10 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Exactly what I thought. Bitch!
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 09:16 AM 11-03-2019
I don't know Steve Belichick, nor his father. But it seems to me that if they have a good relationship, working in NE offers certain advantages other organizations can't possibly match, namely the ability to spend time with his father. If they have a good relationship, I can't imagine him going anywhere else before Bill retires. After that, if he's not taking over as HC of the Pats, I could see him going elsewhere, or earlier if their relationship is not good. Were it a poor relationship though I can't see how our why they'd continue working together for 7 years so I know what my money would be on.

As far as "should the Chiefs find a new HC", Andy Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL. It's Possible you find a new HC that eventually proves to be a superior option, but exceedingly unlikely. Moreover, constantly churning through different head coaches and schemes in hopes of finding one who won't waste Mahomes potential is exactly how you waste Mahomes potential. Part of the biggest advantage the Pat's have over the AFC East is they're on year 20 of the same HC, same core personnel, and they have things down to a science, while the Bills, Jets, and Fins have to start over and learn a new system every 5 years, or more. No one else in the AFC East is past year 2 of their HC and system. That's the kind of advantage you can get if you stick with Reid and ride that train as long as possible, which makes moving on an incredible risk.

Just my 2 cents, obviously as we saw in Green Bay and Cincinnati sticking with the same HC forever isn't a guarantee of success, there's risks either way. But I'd stick with Reid.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up