ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>XFL to make a comeback
In58men 02:18 PM 12-16-2017
HE HATE ME!!!!!!!!

https://deadspin.com/vince-mcmahon-m...xfl-1821354064

Looks like a landing spot for Kap and Manzy.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:07 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That could really take off. Could they put a team in Kansas City that wears red and is called the Kansas City Chieftains? They could win my heart.
Ermines
[Reply]
crazycoffey 04:08 PM 12-16-2017
Now we know what Trump meant when he said make America great again
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:09 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Ermines
I guarantee that if some school names their team the Ermines, I will become an active fan of theirs.
[Reply]
notorious 05:53 PM 12-16-2017
Do you mean "Hermines"? Clay's old clan? :-)

[Reply]
JakeF 07:01 PM 12-16-2017
I would think that all the people who hate Goodell and players that kneel would jump at the chance to go to another league.
[Reply]
carcosa 07:38 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Otter:
You are just a ray of sunshine on life Nellie. I have a couple Christmas Parties coming up and you are the epitome of the "oh God, it's here" when you walk through the door person.

"Oh, Hello Cosmo!!! Your scowl has grown even more resenting than last year! Merry Christmas! Now you'll have to excuse me while I go try to make pleasant conversation with the dog."

Weird post
[Reply]
Valiant 08:13 PM 12-16-2017
I hope it does well. We need a decent starter league. They should do what they did last time with innovation but go the other route. Better rules, get rid of helmets and padding. Rugby type pads and helmets. No hits to the head.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:20 PM 12-16-2017
XFL had a lot of good ideas the first time. Today MLS stadiums are the perfect size. The biggest problem was they rushed the start and didn't give enough practice time for the teams to gel.

You aren't going to get NFL ratings or attendance but you can have a solid product that could produce some decent tv ratings for a slower time in sports.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 08:37 PM 12-16-2017
Apparently they filed a patent on UFL United football league
[Reply]
oldman 11:26 PM 12-16-2017
Can't we just have the women in lingerie league back?
[Reply]
chiefs1111 05:27 PM 12-21-2017
Vince McMahon sells $100 million of WWE stock as XFL reboot plan continues
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 21, 2017, 6:07 PM EST
Getty Images

Rumors that Vince McMahon wants to reboot the XFL are officially more than just rumors.

Today the WWE revealed to the Securities and Exchange Commission that McMahon has sold about $100 million worth of stock, and that he did so “primarily to fund a separate entity from the Company, Alpha Entertainment LLC, which Mr. McMahon established to explore investment opportunities across the sports and entertainment landscapes, including professional football.”

Translation: McMahon wants to try to create a rival pro football league again. And now he has enough cash on hand to give it a go.

There had already been plenty of smoke around McMahon wanting to reboot the XFL, which crashed and burned after one season in 2001. Most of that smoke was about McMahon securing trademarks related to the XFL, trademarks that he previously abandoned because he thought he was out of the pro football business.

But securing a trademark is a far cry from selling off a huge amount of stock in the business McMahon has spent a lifetime building. This is a move that indicates McMahon very much wants to run a pro football league again, and will spend a lot of his own money to make it happen.

McMahon has said nothing publicly about his plans for a new league or when it could start play. He announced his plans for the first version of the XFL in early 2000, and that league began play in early 2001. So perhaps McMahon will announce XFL 2.0 in early 2018, and play will begin in early 2019.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lan-continues/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:04 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by oldman:
Can't we just have the women in lingerie league back?
i was flicking around and saw that a couple of months ago. Looked interesting for about 30 seconds. That was a real deal and not a commercial?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I hope it does well. We need a decent starter league. They should do what they did last time with innovation but go the other route. Better rules, get rid of helmets and padding. Rugby type pads and helmets. No hits to the head.
$100 million should give it a good start.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:26 PM 12-21-2017
I would watch it.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:22 PM 12-21-2017
Matt Cassel season 1 mvp
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up