ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 153
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:11 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Sucks, but I don't think it's in her DNA to back down from a fight.
Outside of The Mandalorian, I know nothing about her. I never followed MMA or WWE, mainly because I've spent my evenings writing, producing and playing music every single night since I was a teenager and never got into it.

As for her acting, I thought she was better in Season 1 than Season 2 but Lucasfilm apparently liked her character enough to make her central character in an upcoming Disney+ Star Wars series (Rangers of the New Republic).

I have no information about their plan to replace her but IMO, her character arc on The Mandalorian was completed in Season 2, as the series is changing direction in Season 3.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:13 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
It doesn't matter if the posts are stupid or not. When your employer asks you to back off you probably need to do it.
I mean, if they weren't stupid, Disney/their consumers probably wouldn't have had as big a problem with them, but I see your point. Disney likely doesn't want anybody to wade too deeply into these waters in either direction.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:45 PM 02-11-2021
I think it's pretty fair to speculate that Favreau is one of the more conservative directors in Hollywood. Iron Man 2 is basically a celebration of the Reagan legacy and the entirety of that movie is a critique on government intervention.

Anywho -- she had the dream gig set up with one of the most iconic franchises in film history as it was launching again (with a showrunner who absolutely believed in her). Seems like she could have taken a page from Shuri's actress and just deleted her social media. But that just does not seem possible for some.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:18 PM 02-11-2021
For those of you who didn't know, she showed up in Deadpool as one of the bad guys. She was the one when her tit flopped out that Colossus stopped fighting and covered his eyes and let her cover it back up.
[Reply]
eDave 02:23 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think it's pretty fair to speculate that Favreau is one of the more conservative directors in Hollywood. Iron Man 2 is basically a celebration of the Reagan legacy and the entirety of that movie is a critique on government intervention.

Anywho -- she had the dream gig set up with one of the most iconic franchises in film history as it was launching again (with a showrunner who absolutely believed in her). Seems like she could have taken a page from Shuri's actress and just deleted her social media. But that just does not seem possible for some.
I'm sure her new tv series on Newsmax will be popular.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:30 PM 02-11-2021
I guess it was ok for Pedro Pascal to compare Trump supporters to Nazi's :-)
[Reply]
notorious 02:37 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
For those of you who didn't know, she showed up in Deadpool as one of the bad guys. She was the one when her tit flopped out that Colossus stopped fighting and covered his eyes and let her cover it back up.
Doesn’t Colossus get kicked in the balls for his politeness?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:49 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Oh shit, I completely forgot. She was freaking banging in that show.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:52 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Doesn’t Colossus get kicked in the balls for his politeness?
Either kicked or hit I believe.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:54 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Oh shit, I completely forgot. She was freaking banging in that show.
Oh I definitely would have. Thy did butch her up a bit though.

[Reply]
staylor26 03:13 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He flat out spread misinformation by posting a picture of kids in cages that says it’s in America when it wasn’t.

The double standard is beyond blatant.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:13 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yeah, nothing wrong with that, though. :-)

You know, maybe she was just tired of working with a bunch of liberal asshats and simply committed job suicide by tweet to get away from them. In fact, that seems damned likely.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:26 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He flat out spread misinformation by posting a picture of kids in cages that says it’s in America when it wasn’t.

The double standard is beyond blatant.
I agree. But given what Dane posted it’s also possible Disney brass told him to knock that shit off and he did.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:28 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, nothing wrong with that, though. :-)

You know, maybe she was just tired of working with a bunch of liberal asshats and simply committed job suicide by tweet to get away from them. In fact, that seems damned likely.
As a guy that’s been disillusioned in a job, it is certainly possible.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:29 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I agree. But given what Dane posted it’s also possible Disney brass told him to knock that shit off and he did.
I highly doubt that happened. His views are acceptable.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 153
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Up