ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 48
« First < 364243444546 4748 >
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:39 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) There's rumors that they're going to essentially wipe the sequel trilogy from existence and reset it.

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-reset...eGsQas7C6ZNJG8
That would be awesome
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:50 AM 06-30-2020
*Palpatine voice*

"Do it!"

[Reply]
Sorry 08:13 AM 06-30-2020
I’d enjoy seeing Rey as a sith in a reimaged star wars and getting killed in the first movie
[Reply]
Fish 08:23 AM 06-30-2020
According to Doomcock.... :-)
[Reply]
Jamie 10:55 AM 06-30-2020
That website is consistently horseshit.
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:01 PM 06-30-2020

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:16 PM 01-29-2022
So watching this on TNT. Light speed skipping? Never heard of that before this movie.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:09 AM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So watching this on TNT. Light speed skipping? Never heard of that before this movie.
Watched part of it as well. That ending is so, so lazy that it actually made me angry. Horses galloping on the hull of a Star Destroyer? Haha, come on with all that. Nic Cage's Superman movie might have been better than this mess. JJ had nothing to work with coming in after TLJ debacle, so I don't "necessarily" blame him. But damn man, TRoS was just a convoluted mess as it attempted to make up for the warts of the last movie.

How does Disney just so completely screw up a sure thing? I sincerely hope someone retcons those three movies at some point.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:12 AM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Watched part of it as well. That ending is so, so lazy that it actually made me angry. Horses galloping on the hull of a Star Destroyer? Haha, come on with all that. Nic Cage's Superman movie might have been better than this mess. JJ had nothing to work with coming in after TLJ debacle, so I don't "necessarily" blame him. But damn man, TRoS was just a convoluted mess as it attempted to make up for the warts of the last movie.

How does Disney just so completely screw up a sure thing? I sincerely hope someone retcons those three movies at some point.
Crazily enough, the first script that Disney threw out in favor of the J.J. experience was much, much better than the complete mess we ended up receiving.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:33 AM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Yea. It was an obvious attempt to clean up the mess.

Full of fan service which made zero sense like bringing back Palpatine as the mastermind pulling the strings.
[Reply]
notorious 11:29 AM 01-30-2022
Red Letter Media's idea for the movie was amazing.

The Ewoks turning into a Emperor-worshipping death cult? Take my money.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:35 PM 04-07-2023

Daisy Ridley is back!!!

Rey will be the Jedi Master leading a new Jedi Order in an upcoming Star Wars film set 15 years after The Rise of Skywalker #StarWars #StarWarsCelebration pic.twitter.com/7b8VcJ1o2S

— Star Wars Holocron @ SWCE (@sw_holocron) April 7, 2023

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:37 PM 04-07-2023
Lame.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:38 PM 04-07-2023
i wanna go with a crew of incels and boo the whole time in front of the SJW purple haired throng
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:05 PM 04-07-2023
Ugh. Ridley herself is a bit down the list of problems with the first Disney Trilogy, but I was kind of hoping they'd just cut their losses and abandon everything from that trilogy altogether.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 48
« First < 364243444546 4748 >
Up