ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Rejoice: The Steam Summer Sale has begun!
DJJasonp 08:57 PM 06-23-2016
Picked up Soma for 15 bucks, several others for 5 bucks or less.

Let's hear it.....what did everyone pick up?
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:53 AM 06-25-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I take a knee in surrender and will now have to beg members for solutions to mundane problems I'm just not use to having to deal with...
I don't think I've had a problem worth mentioning with a pc in the last 20 years that wasn't hardware related, usually something just wearing down after years of use. For all the well-publicized problems Windows has, I never actually see any of it myself. It's made me wonder for years now how much is actually Windows and how much is user error. I can't even remember the last problem I had that required any support.

/knockonwood

What's ironic to me is a friend of mine who swears on Apple's superiority spends so much time getting help from the mac store they know him by name. Literally seems to need help with something every few weeks.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:56 AM 06-25-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't think I've had a problem worth mentioning with a pc in the last 20 years that wasn't hardware related, usually something just wearing down after years of use. For all the well-publicized problems Windows has, I never actually see any of it myself. It's made me wonder for years now how much is actually Windows and how much is user error.

/knockonwood
ME and Windows 8 were really really bad. Since then Windows has gotten much better with Vista, XP, and 7 being really good. 10 is okay but I wish it had classic shell desktop like Windows 7.
[Reply]
notorious 10:58 AM 06-25-2016
Great, time to buy a bunch of games I don't have time to play. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:24 AM 06-25-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Great, time to buy a bunch of games I don't have time to play. :-)
Prioroties man!
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:29 AM 06-25-2016
You have to make an effort to play games. People don't realize that you will be dead soon enough. Fuck that wedding that you were going two. Those two won't make it past 5 years of marriage. Play the fuck out of video games. You know after that chump gets divorced he will come over bitching and moaning about his 401k being gone, but look at you. You will be leveled up like a mother fucker in Elder Scrolls.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:38 AM 06-25-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
ME and Windows 8 were really really bad. Since then Windows has gotten much better with Vista, XP, and 7 being really good. 10 is okay but I wish it had classic shell desktop like Windows 7.
Somehow I skipped both ME and 8.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:48 PM 06-25-2016
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
You have to make an effort to play games. People don't realize that you will be dead soon enough. **** that wedding that you were going two. Those two won't make it past 5 years of marriage. Play the **** out of video games. You know after that chump gets divorced he will come over bitching and moaning about his 401k being gone, but look at you. You will be leveled up like a mother ****er in Elder Scrolls.
I would have been - but Mac no longer supports it.

What have I done with my life?...
[Reply]
kccrow 03:02 PM 06-25-2016
Macs have been a PC with an Apple tweaked version of Ubuntu for as long as I can remember. Fuck Apple.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:27 PM 06-25-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I signed on about 3 months ago to find out Steam no longer supports my Mac OS.

*SIGH*

Final straw.

I have too much on here (photoshop, a 10 year old maya, etc) to just dump this iMac and move on but my next purchase (after searching over EVERY single option Apple has) will be a PC build.

For a long while the architecture of the Apple machine was superior. Then that caved with them caving to Intel.

Now, their OS, which use to be the MAIN reason to overpay is just as much $3it as Windows. And on top of this they refuse to conform to the norms of connectivity and allow an HDMI output or anything resembling one without an expensive adaptor cable on top of all that mess.

I take a knee in surrender and will now have to beg members for solutions to mundane problems I'm just not use to having to deal with...
Just hit me up, im local and i make house calls~
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 08:37 PM 06-25-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Just hit me up, im local and i make house calls~
Have someone build a Hackintosh. Problem solved.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:33 AM 06-26-2016
anyone play '7 days to die' or 'firewatch'? Both pretty cheap.

For those that havent played it - "Life is Strange" is 1.99. It's one of the best games I've ever played. Totally not what I was expecting.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:30 PM 06-26-2016
I just spent a bunch of money. Got Just Cause 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced edition, Mad Max, and Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate edition. I already had Dragon Age Origins, but never played any of the DLC, and for $7.50 I figured why not.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:41 AM 07-05-2016
Mad Max video game is the sleeper hit of my Summer Sale spending spree. The cars are cool, upgrading them is fun, and the car combat is a blast. The melee combat is solid, if simple, in that Arkham Asylum kinda way. A great sidekick character who fixes your car. It's not very heavy on story, but what there is is fun and well done.

8.5 out of 10 from me. Would eat dog food and maggots off of corpses again.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:05 PM 07-05-2016
I bought pillars of eternity and Age of empires 2.
[Reply]
Pants 07:36 PM 06-25-2020
Summer Sale is on!

Just got NBA 2K20 for $8 and Assassin's Creed: Origins for $12.

Not bad. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up