ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 518 of 662
« First < 18418468508514515516517518 519520521522528568618 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 09:54 AM 05-26-2017
An executive for Showtime, who Mayweather is contracted to fight for, said that if the UFC is "reasonable" then Mayweather-McGregor could happen in the early Fall. If they aren't reasonable and it drags on, then it could be closer to the end of the year or early next year.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:38 AM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
An executive for Showtime, who Mayweather is contracted to fight for, said that if the UFC is "reasonable" then Mayweather-McGregor could happen in the early Fall. If they aren't reasonable and it drags on, then it could be closer to the end of the year or early next year.
This translates to "If Dana acts like he's never acted before at anytime ever"
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:51 PM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
This translates to "If Dana acts like he's never acted before at anytime ever"
:-) exactly.

If "reason" is involved we are looking at a couple years at least.
[Reply]
alnorth 01:06 PM 05-26-2017
Roy "Big Country" Nelson signed with Bellator
[Reply]
alnorth 02:21 PM 05-26-2017
GSP revealed why he needs so much time to fight. He has a minor eye injury that is healing, and the doctors told him that he shouldn't even spar until September. He also said the UFC knew about it when he signed, and he thought they shouldn't do the press conference with Bisping yet because the timeline for the fight would be so long, but the UFC insisted on it anyway, then tried to pressure him to fight in July. After the UFC pulled the fight, GSP decided to go public with what was happening.
[Reply]
alnorth 02:05 PM 05-28-2017
yep, that went about as I expected. Mediocre and unexciting with a few exceptions until the main event. I knew that last fight would be insane.

I have no idea how Teixeira lasted so long taking that kind of a beating.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:56 AM 05-30-2017
Germaine de Randamie has announced that she will never fight Cyborg because she's a cheater or whatever. She's also said she plans to go back to 135 rather than defend her FW belt.

I think the UFC should make her the first reigning champion that they just outright cut.
[Reply]
alnorth 02:51 PM 05-31-2017
Brazilian PPV this weekend

Friday

11am - (Fightpass) - FNG 68

Judging from tapology rankings, this is a very high quality card by local promotion standards, approaching Bellator levels. Unfortunately its on at a very inconvenient time for those of us who work regular hours. If you are home at about 1pm, then the last 4 fights might be worth watching

3pm - (Fightpass) - Cage Warriors 84

More convenient time, but this is only an average quality card by local promotion standards.

Saturday

7pm TV - (5:30pm Fightpass/7pm FS1/9pm PPV) - UFC 212 Aldo vs. Holloway

They always seem to do this to us for PPV's in Brazil. This card is top-heavy, they included just enough at the end to make me want to buy the PPV with a FW title unification bout, a strawweight #1 contender bout, and Vitor Belfort is still fighting. Beyond that though..... not much. God help this card if something happens to cause the cancellation of the main event. Do not even think about buying this PPV until Saturday morning at the earliest, after everyone has made weight and you have checked for any breaking UFC news.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:07 PM 05-31-2017
Brazilian PPV this weekend

Friday

11am - (Fightpass) - FNG 68

Judging from tapology rankings, this is a very high quality card by local promotion standards, approaching Bellator levels. Unfortunately its on at a very inconvenient time for those of us who work regular hours. If you are home at about 1pm, then the last 4 fights might be worth watching

3pm - (Fightpass) - Cage Warriors 84

More convenient time, but this is only an average quality card by local promotion standards.

Saturday

7pm TV - (5:30pm Fightpass/7pm FS1/9pm PPV) - UFC 212 Aldo vs. Holloway

They always seem to do this to us for PPV's in Brazil. This card is top-heavy, they included just enough at the end to make me want to buy the PPV with a FW title unification bout, a strawweight #1 contender bout, and Vitor Belfort is still fighting. Beyond that though..... not much. God help this card if something happens to cause the cancellation of the main event. Do not even think about buying this PPV until Saturday morning at the earliest, after everyone has made weight and you have checked for any breaking UFC news.
I won't even buy this one on Saturday. Aldo is past it, the girls are just :-) being led to slaughter and Vitor has zero appeal for me.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:56 AM 06-02-2017
Everyone made weight, so barring any medical issues today, the (very weak and top-heavy) card tomorrow is still intact.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:17 AM 06-02-2017
Germaine de Randamie has announced that she will never fight Cyborg because she's a cheater or whatever. She's also said she plans to go back to 135 rather than defend her FW belt.

I think the UFC should make her the first reigning champion that they just outright cut.
Nasty bitch never should have won anyway.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:21 PM 06-02-2017
TKZ is out for at least 6 months due to a knee injury :-)

Knee injury knocks Chan Sung Jung out of matchup with Ricardo Lamas https://t.co/B7t9oO0ggx pic.twitter.com/rFXKD44QYf

— Dave Doyle (@davedoylemma) June 3, 2017

[Reply]
alnorth 06:45 PM 06-03-2017
Classic Mario Yamasaki stop just now, just watched a guy get beat half to death before he finally waved it off.

edit:

Horrendous stoppage. How many more times does Yamasaki have to do this for him to not be assigned to these events? He's a liability now. https://t.co/xjy8in46xK

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) June 4, 2017

[Reply]
jd1020 06:47 PM 06-03-2017
Classic Mario Yamasaki stop just now, just watched a guy get beat half to death before he finally waved it off.

[Reply]
alnorth 08:29 PM 06-03-2017
And now the other extreme, early bad stop in the Silva Medeiros fight.

If I have to have a bad ref decision, I'd rather see a fast stop than a Mario bloodbath special, but that was early.
[Reply]
Page 518 of 662
« First < 18418468508514515516517518 519520521522528568618 > Last »
Up