ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 153
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
keg in kc 06:10 PM 12-13-2020
It's just a macguffin to justify the character development in the episode.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:50 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's just a macguffin to justify the character development in the episode.
Sure, but the Empire must have the worst IT team in the history of the universe.

R2 and 3PO were always able to directly tap into Imperial networks, as was Chopper and Benicio Del Toro's character in TLJ.

If any former Imperial can log into their network, you'd think they'd have better security.

I'm not gonna go off on this is little loophole but it's about as ridiculous as Stormtroppers wearing armor that can be pierced by any off the shelf blaster.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:22 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
So the mask is a must, . . . and yet the mustache?
The Beskar helmet is tight and rubs the beard off, otherwise when would he shave? Moran
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:38 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It didn’t advance the overall arc of the show much
I couldn't disagree more.

In Season 1, Din Djarin refused to remove his helmet in front of any human, even in the likely event of his death. He finally removed it, but only in the presence of a Droid, who saved his life.

When meeting Bo-Katan and her crew, he was ready to go to battle against three true Mandalorians because they removed their helmets. At that same time, he faced the harsh reality that not only was he not a Mandalorian by creed but that the creed in which he dedicated his life was created by an offshoot extremist group. And yet he still refused to remove his helmet, even after being told it was okay by the true heir to the Mandalorian throne.

But when it came to saving Grogu, he not only joined Migs on the journey but also removed his helmet, in clear view of not only Migs but the Imperial Security Bureau.

Din's journey is becoming more and more like that of Luke and (cough) Rey's because it was nearly half a lifetime before they discovered their true heritage and destiny.

Personally, I found that to be very powerful.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:13 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

In Season 1, Din Djarin refused to remove his helmet in front of any human, even in the likely event of his death. He finally removed it, but only in the presence of a Droid, who saved his life.

When meeting Bo-Katan and her crew, he was ready to go to battle against three true Mandalorians because they removed their helmets. At that same time, he faced the harsh reality that not only was he not a Mandalorian by creed but that the creed in which he dedicated his life was created by an offshoot extremist group. And yet he still refused to remove his helmet, even after being told it was okay by the true heir to the Mandalorian throne.

But when it came to saving Grogu, he not only joined Migs on the journey but also removed his helmet, in clear view of not only Migs but the Imperial Security Bureau.

Din's journey is becoming more and more like that of Luke and (cough) Rey's because it was nearly half a lifetime before they discovered their true heritage and destiny.

This. It showed that he loves Grogu enough to let humans see his face. He’s also starting to realize that the way of the Mando is not always the right way. He was a staunch follower of the code in the first season and now he’s started to bend the rules.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:32 PM 12-13-2020
I just didn't think they did it very well. Good sentiment. Very poor execution. Especially considered against the strength of the episodes/season leading up to this point, much less the precedent set by season 1's amazing 7th episode. But I'm obviously in the minority.

I'm sure I'll be much more satisfied by the finale.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:05 AM 12-14-2020
Bald white dude was pretty badass
[Reply]
luv 08:33 AM 12-14-2020
My goodness. Can we just put (with spoilers) in the subject for this thread? If people are in here to discuss it, then they've probably seen it. If not, they're probably avoiding this thread until they do (or clicking on the spoilers to read them anyway).

ANYWAY...

The development in the closeness between Mando and Grogu has been very subtle up until the last couple of episodes. For him to take off is mask AND his armor for the kid is a HUGE thing, but, up until Chapter 14, isn't something that he would have seemingly done. It's not until the Jedi (yes, I suck with the names), told him that Grogu seemed to have fear and an attachment to him did Mando really start showing how much he cared about Grogu. It just seems to have come on suddenly. I guess, the fact that he was fearful of actually losing him, and doing so, brought out the fatherly instincts.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:59 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Bill Burr?

If you think that is awesome, look up...well, any of his comedy ever.

Dude is a standup comedian and is funny as all hell.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:52 AM 12-14-2020
:-)

[Reply]
notorious 10:13 AM 12-14-2020
His face was shown in season 1.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:16 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
His face was shown in season 1.
Yeah. Not sure why everybody forgets that. It was a major plot point in S1.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:51 AM 12-14-2020

[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:10 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I was referring mainly to the "Empire stealing Grogu" narrative that has been moving the plot forward since E1, but I do understand your point. It was an important episode for his own development as a character.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:49 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

[Reply]
Page 84 of 153
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134 > Last »
Up