Page 171 of 4823
« First < 71121161167168169170171 1721731741751812212716711171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:57 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by RunKC:
"The Broncos are buyers and the Browns are sellers as this afternoon’s NFL trade deadline approaches, and there has apparently been talk of the Broncos buying the Browns’ most valuable asset.

Tony Grossi of ESPNCleveland.com reports that the Browns and Broncos discussed a trade for All-Pro left tackle Joe Thomas, and the Broncos were willing to give up their 2016 first-round pick. However, the Browns wanted even more than that, also asking for the promising young linebacker Shaq Barrett, and the Broncos decided that was too much"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-joe-thomas/
Yeah, that's tempting... but the depth on the defense is a very nice to have at this moment, maybe they can find a way to sweeten that deal without sacrificing depth.
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 AM 11-03-2015
It's a win now season obviously for the broncos, and Thomas would obviously help.

But i just keep coming back to the fact that if Manning's arm looks like it has all year and worsens in january as it previously has, what's the end game?

I guess the running game improves with Thomas, making the defense better in turn so it makes sense.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:04 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's a win now season obviously for the broncos, and Thomas would obviously help.

But i just keep coming back to the fact that if Manning's arm looks like it has all year and worsens in january as it previously has, what's the end game?

I guess the running game improves with Thomas, making the defense better in turn so it makes sense.
They're missing the options short and over the middle. The WRs are great on the outside and stretching the field, but there's no real safety valve in the middle. Virgil is ok, but doesn't appear to be that guy to take the next step. Owen is ok, but he's older and simply not dynamic.

Davis could help a lot, if for no other reason than to open things up a bit in the ground game and it will help take some focus off DT and Sanders. Is he the missing link? I dunno, but it's a safe acquisition at a really cheap price - low risk, huge reward potential. I'm not suggesting Davis is all of a sudden going to lead the league at the TE position.

If they can find a way to pull in a stud LT to protect Manning, that's just a no-brainer. And, he's young with a fairly cap friendly contract through 2018.

It's been a SB or Bust mentality since signing Peyton... now, this has gotta be the final year of that endeavor, so it's all out balls to the wall mentality. If there are guys available to bolster a team sitting at 7-0 ... go do it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 11-03-2015
Thomas is at 10 mil per, can they fit him in the cap?
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 AM 11-03-2015
https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/stat...56574905901056
[Reply]
RunKC 09:19 AM 11-03-2015
I would have traded Shaq Barrett.

You have an all world pass rush. Von, Ware, Jackson and you have Ray to develop. Joe Thomas would have been better than Vernon Davis IMO.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:25 AM 11-03-2015
Yeah, he's making $8.8 million this year and the Browns have already paid half of his salary. Denver would only have to pay him $3-$4 million this year.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:40 AM 11-03-2015

You have an all world pass rush. Von, Ware, Jackson and you have Ray to develop. Joe Thomas would have been better than Vernon Davis IMO.
I dunno, young studs like that are good keepers. I'd part with a 1st and 2nd in the right scenario. Gotta trust they'll do what's best, so we'll see. Denver may try calling their bluff and see if they budge.
[Reply]
TEX 09:42 AM 11-03-2015
It's the Cheating Donx, so of course they can/could/would. Elway would find a way...Plus Al Davis isn't around to bust them for cap violations anymore so..:-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:46 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by TEX:
It's the Cheating Donx, so of course they can/could/would. Elway would find a way...Plus Al Davis isn't around to bust them for cap violations anymore so..:-)
No doubt! There's always that...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:47 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
They had been averaging 33 points per game after Gronk got hurt in week 13, and had just put up 43 points in the week prior to playing in Denver. That wasn't a different Brady.

Sure it was. Brady's having a career year. He's clearly on a tear.

In that game, and many before it throughout the year, he was overthrowing balls left and right.

Plus he's always better with Gronk.
[Reply]
manchambo 09:54 AM 11-03-2015
No way they get Barrett. He is the kind of developmental player that keeps you out of cap hell. If you have to let Ware walk in a season or two, he lets you do it.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:02 AM 11-03-2015

Shaq and the rest of our OLB depth is a major reason why our defense is so good. I'd trade them Lerentee McCray, but even losing McCray would hurt right now because Shane Ray is out for at least the next two weeks.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:47 AM 11-03-2015
Barret is a flash in the pan fluke just like that whole team in Pile High.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:03 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Barret is a flash in the pan fluke just like that whole team in Pile High.
:-):-) You're persistent and consistent, I'll give ya that.
[Reply]
Page 171 of 4823
« First < 71121161167168169170171 1721731741751812212716711171 > Last »
Up