ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 40
« First < 283435363738 3940 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The logic of drafting OT in the 1st.
Direckshun 01:23 PM 01-21-2021
What we know about this team is that it typically likes to fill its roster out as much as possible in free agency and then spend its highest picks on potential replacements for job openings a year down the road, and that includes Veach.

I doubt I even need to run down the list but:

2020: CEH --> Williams
2019: Hardman --> Hill/Watkins
2018: Speaks --> Ford/Houston
2017: Mahomes --> Smith

Fisher will be on the last year of his contract, and most of us suspect Schwartz retiring.

The Chiefs obviously like Niang but going OT 1st gives them the options:It just seems like the kind of move that gives them the flexibility in future decisions that they like to have.

I'd rather they go DE, even if it means trading up for one. But based on what we know, OT could ostensibly solve up to two different OL spots in 2021 and gives them all kinds of options in 2022 based on how 2021 goes.
[Reply]
mkp785 08:03 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It depends on the board but there should be value at both DE and WR at #31, in addition to OT. If things fall right, trading down would be a good option.
Trade down would be great if some team wants to move up for Trask or Jones- provided they don't go earlier. I was thinking Carolina might do it but who knows now with Watson rumors.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:16 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've rarely been critical Chiefs since Reid took over in 2013, other than some questionable contracts and draftees by John Dorsey, but I have to say, I am very disappointed by the fact that the Chiefs haven't directly addressed the timetable for Schwartz and Fisher's recovery/return.

The season is over, both men ended last season on IR and they don't need to play any games with the roster.

They've had plenty of time to appraise the fans of their injury status, so what's the holdup?
Great question and this needs to be addressed sooner than later. We, as fans, would like to know what's what - like NOW!
[Reply]
Stryker 08:32 PM 02-16-2021
Last thought on this currently is:

What will the salary cap be in the end?
Who gets cut and what does the roster look like after said cuts
How can we restructure the remaining
What do we do in FA
Who is there @ #31
What do we do with that pick? Do you move up to try and get Azeez Ojulari · Edge rusher or Teven Jenkins · OT or take Landon Dickerson · C ( Azeez Ojulari is my choice of the 3 here)
I believe in Veach so far so I think he knows what he is up against and how to handle it efficiently

Just my .02

On to the 21 season!
[Reply]
In58men 06:53 AM 02-17-2021
I say we go hella heavy on OL, like 2 in the first 3 rounds.

Go DE in the 3rd round and maybe go somebody like Amari Rodgers in the 4th.

Mahomes made Albert Wilson look decent, he could do the same if not more with a guy like Rodgers. I’m down.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:06 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I say we go hella heavy on OL, like 2 in the first 3 rounds.

Go DE in the 3rd round and maybe go somebody like Amari Rodgers in the 4th.

Mahomes made Albert Wilson look decent, he could do the same if not more with a guy like Rodgers. I’m down.
If you want anything other than a project at DE, you need to grab one in the first round.

I think this really sets up for a Chiefs trade down if they are going to use early picks on offensive linemen.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 08:58 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
If you want anything other than a project at DE, you need to grab one in the first round.

I think this really sets up for a Chiefs trade down if they are going to use early picks on offensive linemen.
Judging by Nate Taylor's comment we are looking for a veteran rusher so maybe we are planning on taking a late round project at DE.

But I agree. I would get a Edge rusher in the first group of 5-6 which will all go by pick 40.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:15 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:

Yep. If they're really going to invest multiple picks on the line, trading down seems like a good bet. You could get a starting center in the mid 2nd and with those extra picks get some OT depth.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:46 PM 03-06-2021

[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 PM 03-06-2021
Pick 1:

Samuel Cosmi
Teven Jenkins
Jalen Mayfield

I’ve been really leaning Jenkins here as of late. I think we need to get tougher up front, and he has the versatility to get a day 1 starting spot somewhere.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:36 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Pick 1:

Samuel Cosmi
Teven Jenkins
Jalen Mayfield

I’ve been really leaning Jenkins here as of late. I think we need to get tougher up front, and he has the versatility to get a day 1 starting spot somewhere.
what's funny is-

I'm the guy arguing all over the board about drafting offensive linemen higher than we normally do-

and I would prefer to go DE in the 1st.

Preferrably, a trade down to the 40 range (maybe someone wants Mac Jones?) and nab a Phillips/Oweh/Perkins.

net an extra 3rd.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:39 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
what's funny is-

I'm the guy arguing all over the board about drafting offensive linemen higher than we normally do-

Preferrably, a trade down to the 40 range (maybe someone wants Mac Jones?) and nab a Phillips/Oweh/Perkins.

net an extra 3rd.
Oh me as well, as I don’t think either of those T’s will be available.

If they are, that’s very difficult to pass up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:47 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
what's funny is-

net an extra 3rd.
Have you guys been following the NFL.com mock drafts and a few others?

WR looks like our best bet if those guys are correct as Philips, Oweh, Perkins, Jenkins, Mayfield, and Cosmi are all coming off the board before we pick.

They have us taking guys like Dickerson and Little there which to me seems like terrible value.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:52 AM 03-07-2021

WR looks like our best bet if those guys are correct as Philips, Oweh, Perkins, Jenkins, Mayfield, and Cosmi are all coming off the board before we pick.

They have us taking guys like Dickerson and Little there which to me seems like terrible value.
yeah, except that I don't think their mocks make any more sense than anyone else's.

I mean there's just NO consensus outside of maybe the first ten to fifteen guys. And I mean that's true most years, but not like this- I mean, people have guys going in the first that others have as third or fourth rounders. It's nuts.

I mean, maybe it goes that way, and if it does, yeah, we should absolutely look at WR as that means one of the best ones will be there.

I just doubt it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:54 AM 03-07-2021

AND

I think Dickerson or Little at #31 would be terrible value too.

I like either in the third.

Actually, I don't like Dickerson. The injury history freaks me out. I'd prefer Meinerz if we're going IOL there. Little I like a lot.

Preferrably an extra 3rd from trading down to 40ish because someone wanted Mac Jones.

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 AM 03-07-2021

I think it’s becoming obvious that the NFL REALLY loves Dickerson, and apparently he’s going to be ready for TC. Dude has an awful injury history, but he’s supposedly a freak of nature and is absolutely attacking his rehab. I think all the love has a lot to do with his intangibles. He’s the kind of guy that comes in and will immediately be a leader on the OL.

It scares the shit out of me, but it’s a possibility we all need to accept at this point.

As for Little, I’m not buying him going in the 1st at this point. Maybe that will change.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 40
« First < 283435363738 3940 >
Up