ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Brett Veach and Steve Spagnuolo
comochiefsfan 03:16 PM 12-09-2019
I owe these two men a huge apology.

When Indianapolis was running it down our throats all night and we couldn’t get Deshaun Watson off the field against Houston, I truly believed that we were worse off than we were last year on defense.

Holy shit was I wrong.

The Frank Clark trade? Money.

Bashaud Breeland? MUCH better than Nelson and Scandrick.

Honey Badger and Thornhill? LEAGUES better than hobo spirit and Ron Parker

Brett Veach was a stone cold stud this offseason.

And Steve Spagnuolo. Spags you beautiful son of a bitch. Watching Grandpa Bob sit back in two deep zone in the playoffs last year while Brady had all night to throw was like slowly rubbing my nutsack across a cactus.

This year? We sent the house after old man Brady and made him pay. And it was glorious. It’s what we should have done last year, but Grandpa Bob was too old and senile to figure it out. But Spags gets it, and most importantly, he has the personnel to do it.

Despite my criticism of Pat, I do believe the offense will figure it out. Sunday needs to be a get right game for him and the O. No more mental mistakes and dumb playcalls. Let’s get this thing rolling.

The defense is finally at a Super Bowl caliber level, and if we can get the offense back to full speed, we won’t lose again the rest of the season.

Let’s go get this shit!
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:54 AM 12-10-2019
I owe an apology myself regarding Spags.
He has done a good job of pulling that D together and playing to a high level at the time the Chiefs need it most.
[Reply]
burt 09:05 AM 12-10-2019
Our coaches and GM are obviously committed to winning. How many times have we made a trip to the "dumpster", only to sign a difference maker? Ware is a classic example. Dumpster last week. Playing effectively for us this week. I know..He has an advantage by being a re tread. But it was an improvement. This late in the season. FROM THE DUMPSTER.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:05 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm going to give Veach a pass on the 2018 draft, but you have to admit the 2019 class is pretty solid. I'm not going to say the Clark deal was a winner just quite yet, but he's a massive improvement over Dee Ford. Finding guys like Ogbah, Pennel, and Okafor shouldn't be overlooked, either.
Spags seems to have figured out who to play, when to play them, and what packages to use. It's a work in progress, but I'll take the Dec. 2019 version of the D over last year's disaster.
Veachs best draft pick so far may just of come from the 2018 draft class and that Derrick Nnadi
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:46 AM 12-10-2019
The Chiefs' defense has come alive of late–holding its last three opponents under 20 points and holding late in Sunday’s win over the Patriots, with Bashaud Breeland knocking away the Patriots’ last gasp to Julian Edelman on a fourth-and-3 from Kansas City's 5-yard line. So what’s the difference been? Having a healthy Chris Jones has been one. Getting settled in Steve Spagnuolo’s scheme has been another. But don’t overlook the impact that Tyrann Mathieu has had as a leader and communicator in the Back 7. As one staffer explained it, “Badger is the glue that keeps them working on the back end.” Which is a big reason why the Chiefs feel just fine about their $14-million-per investment in the 27-year-old.
[Reply]
oldman 11:58 AM 12-10-2019
I agree with you on both posts. First, Nnadi was a steal. I hope we can say the same thing about Saunders next year. He just needs a little more playing time.
As much as we might have bagged on Breeland earlier, he's earned himself a contract extension in my book. Mathieu is doing what Berry did in his prime, being the QB of the secondary. I'll grant that he isn't the hitter Berry was, but he makes sure everyone is in the right place. Plus, his spirit seems to be just fine in KC.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:16 PM 12-10-2019
Since this is a mult of Tiger why has he not been banned?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:23 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Who knew that Reid calls the plays and not Bieniemy
Uh everybody, except you evidently.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:30 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How anybody can have faith in the Bills winning in Foxboro is beyond me.
The Pats have probably been filming their sideline for weeks now. Super Genious Belicheat and Brady Goat will be ready!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:00 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Since this is a mult of Tiger why has he not been banned?
Douchebag rule is very ambiguous when reported
[Reply]
scho63 04:55 PM 12-10-2019
1. I laugh when people or pundits try to evaluate or rank draft picks before a single snap or season is under the payers belts.

2. I didn't like a lot of what Spags was doing earlier but gave him the benefit of the doubt. The pass defense had been marginally better early on but the run defense was abysmal. Whatever changes they have made have been startling. Amazing losing Ogbah hasn't hurt like we thought. KPAss has stepped up and so have Saunders/Nnadi

Let's hope that they keep blitzing when appropriate, keep improving on the run defense and avoid the penalties in the secondary.

That will go a long way to having us move forward in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up