ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***** The Official "Bashaud Breeland doesn't suck" thread*****
Megatron96 01:20 AM 12-09-2019
Just thought Breeland should get some kudos for his performance tonight.

His INT in the first half resulted in Kelce's rushing TD (1st by a TE in the NFL this season), and his swat of TB12's pass was the dagger in the Patriots' evil heart to end the game.

Great job, Breeland. Keep up the good work . . .
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:54 AM 12-09-2019
I cant help but think hes starting to hit his stride, post injuries, and picking up the defense. Fuller looks like our worst corner, id say we lost the AS11 trade but washington sure isnt winning it either.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:55 AM 12-09-2019
All thanks to a 3000 post CP thread that directly lead to us signing this piece of shit a year or so later. It was meant to be; he’s the chosen one.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:55 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I cant help but think hes starting to hit his stride, post injuries, and picking up the defense. Fuller looks like our worst corner, id say we lost the AS11 trade but washington sure isnt winning it either.
Kept saying we should keep Fenton out there instead of Fuller. Too bad he’s injured
[Reply]
wheeler08 07:17 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Kept saying we should keep Fenton out there instead of Fuller. Too bad he’s injured
Yea Fuller needs to GTFO, for a guy in a contract year, he's played like a bitch, thats when he even played.

Props to Veech and all his guys he brought in this year. You know he sat down with each one of them and said "We need you to beat Brady" And look who had the big game, all of Veech's new guys.

And dammit I hope we can find a way to pay Chris Jones. But I just don't see it happening
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:11 AM 12-09-2019
I really wish that Veach had signed him to a multi-year deal. Now he's going to be a free agent and will probably get a huge contract from another team. So that leaves us looking for another starting corner this off-season.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:14 AM 12-09-2019
Breeland is average. Still draws too many penalties. We can always draft one. Ward is still our best CB
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I really wish that Veach had signed him to a multi-year deal. Now he's going to be a free agent and will probably get a huge contract from another team. So that leaves us looking for another starting corner this off-season.
Takes two to tango. Breeland wanted to bet on himself. Chiefs could've either paid him the $6-7 million/season he was asking for on a multi-year pact or get him virtually free on a 1-year deal and see how it goes. It was a sensible decision from Veach.

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Breeland is average. Still draws too many penalties. We can always draft one. Ward is still our best CB
And also this. Breeland has a great attitude and is a willing tackler who doesn't shirk his responsibilities. He also isn't an excellent athlete and could easily hit a wall sooner than we would expect. He's still susceptible to penalties because of his fringy athleticism. He's...fine. He made an OUTSTANDING play on that ball (as good a play as you'll see from a CB), but he also had a few really bad beats. The penalty, got juked out of his draws on the flea flicker, just flat fell down trying to hang with his man on the halfback pass.

Would I like to keep him? Sure, at the right price. But I'm not gonna go paying him Kyle Fuller money or anything. You'd like to see a player development pipeline where a guy like Breeland can be developed rather than re-signed.
[Reply]
kcclone 09:23 AM 12-09-2019
Our CB's have been better than average this year, IMO.

If we can get Fenton and Claiborne healthy, this unit is playing well enough to win a Super Bowl with.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Our CB's have been better than average this year, IMO.

If we can get Fenton and Claiborne healthy, this unit is playing well enough to win a Super Bowl with.
The safeties have made such a big difference.

The CBs can play team defense and actually get help when/where they expect it. So they cut back on freelancing and they just play.

It's impossible to overstate the damage that safety unit did to this defense last season.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:31 AM 12-09-2019
Mathieu has been worth every dollar of his contract. Not only is he awesome safety but he’s a great leader as well. Stats don’t do the HB justice. He makes a impact on every single play. He’s getting guys lined up in the right spots, getting the correct calls, making tackles. He does it all
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:55 AM 12-09-2019
I'm not convinced.

He only made the INT because he was so hilariously out of position after being beaten by Edelman on a simple slant.. the 4th down swat to save the game was a great play, though. He easily could have panicked and gotten really grabby trying to go over top of the receiver to get a hand on the ball.
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm not convinced.

He only made the INT because he was so hilariously out of position after being beaten by Edelman on a simple slant.. the 4th down swat to save the game was a great play, though. He easily could have panicked and gotten really grabby trying to go over top of the receiver to get a hand on the ball.
Mathieu brought it up to someone on Twitter, but the slant isn't Breelands job there. I believe he passed it off.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:08 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mathieu brought it up to someone on Twitter, but the slant isn't Breelands job there. I believe he passed it off.
Yep he even said the same thing when talking to Deion
[Reply]
Hoover 10:23 AM 12-09-2019
I still think not getting him last year was a costly mistake.

This guy is legit.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:39 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm not convinced.

He only made the INT because he was so hilariously out of position after being beaten by Edelman on a simple slant..
That's factually incorrect. Breeland was exactly where he was suppose to be. Brady was fooled by the coverage.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up