ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Wood Guy
rabblerouser 10:13 PM 12-07-2019
I now have my very own wood guy story. So, my grandpa lives with my mom, and he's like 85 so he likes the temperature to be around his age, so they burn wood. My mom was taking my grandpa to his sisters and I'm going down there today after work to watch the game with them tomorrow, so I told her I'd handle the wood guy today so there would be plenty of wood.

They showed up while I was still at work and stacked it in my mom's garage. I just got a call that one of the guys left his phone in my mom's garage and then walked out, locking the door behind him. So he's talking to me while he's outside of the garage, on his buddy's phone, while HIS phone is inside and he can't get in. :-) I called my mom's neighbor (her uncle, literally right next door) who has a spare key to see if he can open the door for the poor bastard. He's not home. And wood guy has another delivery like 50 miles away and lives even farther away from my mom's house. I won't be there for another 4 hours or so. He's kind of freaking out now because he needs his phone. He then calls me back a few minutes later (on his buddy's phone of course) and tells me not to worry about it. Asks me to "throw the phone in the dumpster" when I get to my mom's and he will just buy a new one. :-)

So let's hear it fellas. Any good wood guy stories?
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 11:45 PM 12-07-2019

[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:17 AM 12-08-2019
Hall of Classics.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:33 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Nope. He just said "throw it away." I told him I could mail it to.him and he'd have it by Wednesday, but he said he'd buy a new one on Monday.

Idk.
We are such a throw away society.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:38 AM 12-08-2019
I just amazes me that people have become so dependent on their phone in the last 15 years. I know they think we were living in the dark ages back when you only had a corded landline but people really did survive it. There's several here that are living proof.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:17 AM 12-08-2019
I left my phone in my Uncles garage while giving wood to his neighbor's wife...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:18 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I left my phone in my Uncles garage while giving wood to his neighbor's wife...
That's a fantastic wood guy story.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:19 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I just amazes me that people have become so dependent on their phone in the last 15 years. I know they think we were living in the dark ages back when you only had a corded landline but people really did survive it. There's several here that are living proof.
We take phones at school if we see them.
Had a student hyperventilate and withdrawal. All out crying. Had to go to the nurse.

We are fucked.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:20 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
We take phones at school if we see them.
Had a student hyperventilate and withdrawal. All out crying. Had to go to the nurse.

We are ****ed.
What the fuck?

I leave mine every chance I can. If I'm going out for lunch or dinner, or if I'm not at work...

Best parts of my day.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:24 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
What the fuck?

I leave mine every chance I can. If I'm going out for lunch or dinner, or if I'm not at work...

Best parts of my day.
You are not a 14 year old girl. They are addicted. Worse than drugs.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:32 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
You are not a 14 year old girl. They are addicted. Worse than drugs.
True.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:16 PM 12-08-2019
My wood guy says Buffalo was robbed and he had the Saints by 3.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:59 AM 12-10-2019
My wood guys says the Pats are cheaters. And total fraud. Paper Chumps.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 11:20 AM 12-10-2019
Paid for 3 cord and got 2.
Make sure it’s stacked
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:30 AM 12-10-2019
Has there ever been a DURAFLAME GUY thread?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:23 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
Paid for 3 cord and got 2.
Make sure it’s stacked
Daaaaaaaayum. You need a new wood guy.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up