ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Looking for suggestions: BBQ Sauce
Indian Chief 04:28 PM 12-02-2019
A while back someone on CP had recommended Cowtown's Night of the Living Bar-B-Q Sauce. I wish I remembered who had said it because I'd send you a bottle of bourbon. It was suggested as the best bottled BBQ sauce and I agree. I usually make my own sauces, but this really was fantastic.

I had been getting it on amazon, but they want $16 for 2 bottles and I found it on here, https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com, for half the price. (And they have free shipping until midnight tonight.) Before I pull the trigger on an order, is there anything else on there that you'd recommend trying? I could use some suggestions for stocking stuffers or general gifts. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:15 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, reached out to the store.

Like I said, could be just a simple oversight. It happens - we all screw up. I'll give them a chance to make good. Don't need to go blowing up their spot when I can't imagine that 'barbecue distributor' is the easiest racket to make a go of it in. A guy I went to HS with had a similar but smaller shop in the northland that he had to close about 10 years ago because he had some medical bills and the margins just weren't enough to keep it up while he took care of those.

I'll see how they handle it.
Hoping for store oversight as well. Offering free shipping over a heavy buy period fails the smell taste when someone comes up with outdated shit, but from my limited knowledge the KC BBQ Store is attached to Joe's KC so I'd hope they'd have stronger controls in place. Expiration exceptions shouldn't really be happening at their level and I'd want to know if it were my sauce.

Hopefully they make it right.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:17 AM 12-06-2019
Yeah, reached out to the store.

Like I said, could be just a simple oversight. It happens - we all screw up. I'll give them a chance to make good. Don't need to go blowing up their spot when I can't imagine that 'barbecue distributor' is the easiest racket to make a go of it in. A guy I went to HS with had a similar but smaller shop in the northland that he had to close about 10 years ago because he had some medical bills and the margins just weren't enough to keep it up while he took care of those.

I'll see how they handle it.
Good on you for being reasonable. Most people would not.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM 12-06-2019
He was pretty reasonable about it (though it seemed a little more far-reaching than I would've expected). Said they don't normally carry it but were supplying it for a restaurant that stopped using it so it looks like all his jugs have the same date. They aren't carrying the gallon size anymore so they can't replace it with a new bottle.

I'll be honest...that's a little more than simple oversight if ALL his bottles are past, but it is what it is. Like I said, everything else I ordered was fine.

He's offered a refund on it, which I could take of course. I could also see what his shipping costs are and see if he'd rather do that or just send me $30 worth of other stuff. Or maybe $20 worth since I'm not just gonna incinerate this jug or anything (It's unopened and I've used hot-sauce WELL past its sell by date; it'll be fine) so I'll still be deriving some value out of it.

What say you, CP Barbecue crowd? Should I just take the refund, discount the refund for the fact that I got SOMETHING, or see if he'll send me out some other sauces or something instead?

I'm leaning towards other sauces since the money's spent and I'm not gonna starve over $30....
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:29 AM 12-06-2019
He was pretty reasonable about it (though it seemed a little more far-reaching than I would've expected). Said they don't normally carry it but were supplying it for a restaurant that stopped using it so it looks like all his jugs have the same date. They aren't carrying the gallon size anymore so they can't replace it with a new bottle.

I'll be honest...that's a little more than simple oversight if ALL his bottles are past, but it is what it is. Like I said, everything else I ordered was fine.

He's offered a refund on it, which I could take of course. I could also see what his shipping costs are and see if he'd rather do that or just send me $30 worth of other stuff. Or maybe $20 worth since I'm not just gonna incinerate this jug or anything (It's unopened and I've used hot-sauce WELL past its sell by date; it'll be fine) so I'll still be deriving some value out of it.

What say you, CP Barbecue crowd? Should I just take the refund, discount the refund for the fact that I got SOMETHING, or see if he'll send me out some other sauces or something instead?

I'm leaning towards other sauces since the money's spent and I'm not gonna starve over $30....
It would be better for them if you spent the money in house.

I guess it depends on if you'll use the sauce if you get it. And of course if you "need" the money, which I'm guessing you'll make your mortgage without the $30.

I'd do it.
[Reply]
savchief 11:36 AM 12-06-2019
EAT BBQ by Pellet Envy. The Next Big Thing is my favorite and Zero To Hero is real.good too. Rubs are great too. Can still get the sauce here but had to search online for the rubs when I ran our recently
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:59 PM 12-06-2019
I just got my shipment today and after DJ's post I was worried about the expiration dates, but everything is good on this end. Even my Tiger Sauce is fine, although I ordered the small bottle to give it a try. I can't wait to dig into these. I'll update with some thoughts when I do.

Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 04:07 PM 12-07-2019
Turns out a gallon of BBQ sauce is quite large.

[Reply]
candyman 04:32 PM 12-07-2019
Mine still hasn't even shipped
[Reply]
Miles 07:39 PM 12-07-2019
Got everything yesterday and was very well packed. Looking forward to trying and was also nice to see for cowtown and firebug legit sugar was used.
[Reply]
Groves 08:44 PM 12-07-2019
Opened my boxes today. Each of my many Firebug Hot bottles lovingly wrapped in bubble wrap.

I’m delighted with the shipping care, but I realized today how very much I prefer the inflated air pouches compared to what I now loathe...the packing peanut.

If they only knew how much customers hate these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 06:33 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Monkey God:
Rufus Teague...Touch O' Heat, or Blazen'
really like these
[Reply]
Miles 11:34 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Groves:
Opened my boxes today. Each of my many Firebug Hot bottles lovingly wrapped in bubble wrap.

I’m delighted with the shipping care, but I realized today how very much I prefer the inflated air pouches compared to what I now loathe...the packing peanut.

If they only knew how much customers hate these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While I hate them and their static cling they probably protect more than the air pouches which I’ve seen break with heavier items.
[Reply]
Donger 11:59 AM 12-08-2019
KC Masterpiece Private Stock.
[Reply]
dmahurin 01:41 PM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Turns out a gallon of BBQ sauce is quite large.

That blues hog has my mouth watering.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up