ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ron Hughley no longer with 610 sports
Sure-Oz 09:24 AM 11-22-2019
@RonnieHSHOW: I am no longer with 610sports. Which means #ShowandVern is over. I want to thank everyone that helped me at 610sports, I've learned so much in my time there. To my brothers @JoshVernier610 @StephenSerda we had fun every day and am proud of what we did. Love you boys

I am hearing Vern on radio rn...so...
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:04 PM 11-22-2019
Ron was always a blow hard. Vern might be "blah", but he's a professional and knows his sports more than anyone on that station. He's an old school sports guy...very little flash, though. And yeah...he might be a baseball guy first, but he's competent in all of it, regardless of what others say. In today's media, Vern needs a competent co-host that has quite a bit of personality that isn't sports-take incompetent like Ron.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:14 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Ron was always a blow hard. Vern might be "blah", but he's a professional and knows his sports more than anyone on that station. He's an old school sports guy...very little flash, though. And yeah...he might be a baseball guy first, but he's competent in all of it, regardless of what others say. In today's media, Vern needs a competent co-host that has quite a bit of personality that isn't sports-take incompetent like Ron.
I don't like Vern one bit. Hopefully they move BK to that show, so that they have at least 1 decent host on 2 shows. This guy doesnt get enough hate, but Shawn The Sports Machine Levine may be the dumbest personality on the whole station. Hes so bad it makes me miss Fanning and I hated him.
[Reply]
neech 10:26 PM 11-22-2019
I can't stand that show listening to them snipe back and forth was unbearable, I liked Vern when he hosted the radio after a Royals game but pairing him with Ron was a disaster.

Hope they have a better show with him gone.
[Reply]
neech 10:28 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't like Vern one bit. Hopefully they move BK to that show, so that they have at least 1 decent host on 2 shows. This guy doesnt get enough hate, but Shawn The Sports Machine Levine may be the dumbest personality on the whole station. Hes so bad it makes me miss Fanning and I hated him.
I don't like Shawn at all I hope The Drive dumps him also.
[Reply]
neech 10:29 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
He’s fired but Fescoe is the longest tenured host there.

I never wish for anyone to lose a job but Fescoe needs to be the next in the unemployment line.
I like Fescoe.
[Reply]
neech 10:34 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
A friend of mine who actually likes that show is trying to argue he didn't get fired and got a better job.

I hope he got the better job but as long as he's gone is all that matters.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:34 PM 11-22-2019
Bottom line...KC can't keep a really good host, regardless...let alone attract one.. KC is stuck taking a flyer on a hit or miss up-and-comer. And that's always a crap shoot. Sometimes you hit (Nick Wright) and sometimes you don't. Ron should never have been given a day slot. His night show was always terrible. Vern and Bink should team up for now. At least it would provide some consistency...and for perception sake, it would be a sense of two guys that each are "experts" on the two major KC sports.
[Reply]
neech 10:36 PM 11-22-2019
Bottom line...KC can't keep a really good host, regardless...let alone attract one.. KC is stuck taking a flyer on a hit or miss up-and-comer. And that's always a crap shoot. Sometimes you hit (Nick Wright) and sometimes you don't. Ron should never have been given a day slot. His night show was always terrible. Vern and Bink should team up for now. At least it would provide some consistency...and for perception sake, it would be a sense of two guys that each are "experts" on the two major KC sports.
I agree with the Vern and Bink show I think it would work.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:09 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by neech:
I agree with the Vern and Bink show I think it would work.
They had a show together it was trash
[Reply]
neech 11:14 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
They had a show together it was trash
Yeah I kind of remember it I thought it was okay.
[Reply]
Monkey God 11:20 PM 11-22-2019
[QUOTE=KCChiefsFan88;14613456]Whatever happened to that fat chick, Rhonda who used to cover the Chiefs for 610?[/QUOTE
She's on the air in Detroit.
[Reply]
nychief 07:28 AM 11-23-2019
Bink is sorta an everyman... meaning a fat dipshit that knows nothing about sports.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:43 AM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
Same, and I think it's because every time I turn on Soren's show they are talking about college football. I, personally, don't give 2 shits about college football.
Another big problem I've seen with Soren is now that he's in the big boy seat and getting the Pat interview every week, etc. he's completely neutered.

Suddenly the Chiefs and Reid, etc. can do no wrong...it's the same shit with 610 and the Royals.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:10 AM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by neech:
I like Fescoe.
Fescoe has a voice for silent film.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:39 AM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Another big problem I've seen with Soren is now that he's in the big boy seat and getting the Pat interview every week, etc. he's completely neutered.

Suddenly the Chiefs and Reid, etc. can do no wrong...it's the same shit with 610 and the Royals.
610 trying to make the Matheny hire sound good
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up