Hammock Parties 11:00 AM 10-28-2019
Currently

1. Ravens 14-2
2. MOTHERFUCKING CHIEFS 12-4
3. Patriots 12-4
4. Texans 10-6
5. Bills 10-6
6. Titans 9-7

#Steelers playoff scenario is Steelers beat Ravens, Texans beat Titans. Both have to happen. Anything else, season is over.

— David Todd (@DavidMTodd) December 22, 2019

Remaining schedules

Chiefs tiebreakers - win with Ravens, lose with Texans, Colts

We are set up for a classic Reidian Run.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:40 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
We still got a shot at the one seed. But we'd likely have to win out from here. Sooo... it's not much of a shot lol.
YOU EVER MET ANDY FUCKING REID:

Reidian Runs as Chiefs head coach:

9-0
7-1
11-0
8-1
5-0
9-1

Now, unless you think this team's best run this year was 4-0....

....get ready...

...for...

REIDIAN RUN VII: RETURN OF MAHOMES

RUN TO THA ONE
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:08 AM 11-05-2019
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...seed-are-alive

With the exciting victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, the Kansas City Chiefs stayed on top of the division on a day where all their rivals won. They also benefited from a huge morale boost, with all three phases of the team proving they can play at a high level and beat a playoff team -- despite heavy injuries.

But the most important victory for their season didn't happen for another seven hours.

1500 miles away, Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens did their best "Emperor has no clothes" impersonation, defeating the New England Patriots on national television and dropping the previously unbeaten Patriots to a meager 8-1.

Neither event gives the Chiefs a boost in the playoff rankings right now; if the season ended today, the Chiefs would hold the number four postseason seed. But these two victories open up some hopes that would have been all but snuffed out if either hadn't taken place.

In fact, there's good reason for Chiefs fans to be optimistic about the team's odds of claiming a postseason bye. For a team as banged up as the Chiefs have been this season, an extra bye week would be heaven sent -- and could mean the difference between a Super Bowl and another playoff exit.

There are two general reasons to be optimistic about the way the rest of the season could play out -- aside from this one.
Originally Posted by :
Other than this one

First is the rest of the Chiefs schedule.

While it's not a cupcake schedule -- like the Patriots have enjoyed for the first half of the season -- compared to the games Chiefs have already played, it looks much easier. While the Chiefs had to play five teams with winning records during the first nine games of the season, they only have one such game -- against New England -- in the last seven. With the Patriots now looking more vulnerable, that looks like a very winnable game. Two more home games come against teams the Chiefs have already defeated (by double digits) on the road: the Oakland Raiders and Denver Broncos.

In order to challenge for either of the top two seeds, the Chiefs will likely need to go 7-0 or 6-1. But with Mahomes, Fisher and Clark coming back soon, there's no reason to think the task is insurmountable.

The second reason to be optimistic is the schedules of the other front runners.

While there are some teams that are obviously looking to challenge the current leaders, it's hard to see anyone dethroning the Texans, Chiefs, Patriots or Ravens in their divisions. Buffalo or Indianapolis might challenge the Patriots or Texans, but to do so, they'd almost certainly have to drag down the division's front runner. So we'll look at them, too.

Unlike the Chiefs, all of these teams have several games left against very good teams.

The Patriots have five games against potential playoff teams. Eagles, Cowboys, Bills, Chiefs, Texans
The Ravens have four such games. Rams, 49ers, Texans, Bills
The Texans have three games. Ravens, Colts, Patriots
The Bills have three games. Cowboys, Ravens, Patriots
The Colts have three games. Panthers, Saints, Texans
In fact, as long as the Chiefs keep winning, they have the third seed sewn up, because the team that loses the Ravens-Texans game will drop behind the Chiefs -- the Texans because of their record and the Ravens due to the tiebreaker.

Even better: if the Texans beat the Patriots, then the Chiefs can control their destiny for the second seed, being above the loser from the Ravens/Texans game and also holding the tiebreaker over the Patriots for the number two seed -- that is, if they can beat New England.

From there, it would take a little help to move into the first seed. But any slips by any of these other teams (outside of the five games against each other) will serve to open the door even further -- perhaps allowing the Chiefs to waltz in and claim the AFC's regular-season crown.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:54 AM 11-05-2019
If we are worthy of the #1 seed we walk into NE and beat them.

If we don't, season probably ends the same way it did last year.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:57 PM 11-08-2019
Beside KC Oakland could and should run the table.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:19 PM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
Did you watch the Charger game?

Chargers did EVERYTHING they could to give it away and finally did. Lets not get crazy about the Raiders over that. They lose that game 9 times out of 10.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:20 AM 11-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If we are worthy of the #1 seed we walk into NE and beat them.

If we don't, season probably ends the same way it did last year.
Meh...Kraft has the system gamed. "Worthy" has nothing to do with it...the Jags were beating them up until the refs handed them the game.

Chiefs will go to the SB when the NFL powers "allow" them to go.

This is a Goodell invented system....yeah, games were fixed in the past but this is another level. This whole "profit-driven" shit-show started when he was hired...by Kraft. Not a surprising the Patriots have been an unrealistic beneficiary of this method...

The NFL didn't used to be this ****ed up...all this officiating "controversy" is a by-product of Goodell trying to steer outcomes to it's maximum profitability and "grow the brand" corporate horseshit. It didn't exist....to this level...before his corrupt-ass was hired.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:21 PM 11-09-2019
:-)

They will get another beating when they come to Arrowhead.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:37 PM 11-09-2019
We are probably 8-1 if we didn’t have significant injury problems during our tough stretch. Oh well.

We play 1 winning team in the last 7 games. We should be 12-4 IMO.

I’m fine with the 2 or 3 seed. Ideally the Chiefs get the 2 seed and the Ravens go to NE in the divisional rd.

1 seed will be tough, but we knew we had to pretty much be perfect all year to get that top seed when the schedule came out.
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:39 PM 11-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We are probably 8-1 if we didn’t have significant injury problems during our tough stretch. Oh well.

We play 1 winning team in the last 7 games. We should be 12-4 IMO.

I’m fine with the 2 or 3 seed. Ideally the Chiefs get the 2 seed and the Ravens go to NE in the divisional rd.

1 seed will be tough, but we knew we had to pretty much be perfect all year to get that top seed when the schedule came out.
Personally I think the injuries could be a blessing in disguise. We’ve got a much better feel for the depth of our roster and if we can hit the postseason getting healthy with quality rotational players I think it’ll be huge. More so than home field advantage.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 PM 11-09-2019

JFC I’ve never seen a team so overrated after such an average performance against a shit team.
[Reply]
kcclone 11:09 PM 11-09-2019
Lots of football still to be played. I think NE has the 1 seed but everything after that is up for grabs
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

JFC I’ve never seen a team so overrated after such an average performance against a shit team.
I kind of agree

I think they’ll end up 9-7 theyre defense is soo bad and now even more hurt

Chiefs gonna run table though for sure
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:54 AM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Agreed. They have one quality win against the Colts. Other than that they’ve beat a bunch of garbage teams and been beaten soundly in their losses. Outside of the Chiefs their remaining opponents average less than 2.5 wins apiece so I can see them winning games — but they are not good. This season’s version of the Browns.
[Reply]
ChiefEd 09:21 AM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Personally I think the injuries could be a blessing in disguise. We’ve got a much better feel for the depth of our roster and if we can hit the postseason getting healthy with quality rotational players I think it’ll be huge. More so than home field advantage.
Agree 100%... This could be what gets us “over the hump” in January!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:58 AM 11-10-2019
For the number seed to be In play we're gonna need NE to slip up one more time before we go there and we're gonna need to obviously win our next three games. With the Pats having Philly, Dal and The Texans in the next three then surely they will slip up once? If not then they will have earned their top spot that's for sure. I have a feeling they'll lose In Philly tbh.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 76
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up