ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 17
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is it Darwin Thompson time?
SAGA45 08:35 AM 09-16-2019
With Damien Williams (knee) and LeSean McCoy (ankle) banged up, do you guys think this week could be Thompson's opportunity to go off? I think it'd be awesome to see the kid come in and have a big game.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:37 AM 09-16-2019
I'm assuming those are minor injuries and they likely won't miss time.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:41 AM 09-16-2019
I don't expect we'll see any of our backs have big rushing totals against the Ravens. They've given up 41 yards total in two weeks, under 2 yards/carry. And we only average 3 ourselves, so far. So it's our weakness against their strength.

And our problems with rushing haven't so far been about the backs as much as the scheme and the blocking.
[Reply]
In58men 08:41 AM 09-16-2019
Damien Williams through 2 games:

22 carries
34 yards

Longest rush, 6 yards.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 08:43 AM 09-16-2019
I want to see what the kid can do.

Doesn’t feel like I’ve seen many pass plays to RBs coming out of the backfield. Yesterday our O-line couldn’t do anything to open up a hole.

Though, I just realized, I think Ive seen zero of the sideways passes that seemed to be half the plays durin AS11s time. Thank God. RIP sideways passes for zero yds.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:43 AM 09-16-2019
Yas kween!
[Reply]
jimidollar 08:45 AM 09-16-2019
Do it.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:46 AM 09-16-2019
If teams are going to play us by crowding the line and playing cover 0 there aren't going to be running lanes.

We saw the Jags take a more passive approach to not get beat deep and lanes were huge, the Raiders go the other way and give up a bunch of huge passes...most teams don't have the balls to play the way the Raiders tried to because it leads to well giving up 5 straight 30 yard passes.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:46 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

22 carries
34 yards

Longest rush, 6 yards.
Eh, yeah. Williams has had the bad fortune of taking the hand off on some really busted runs.

KC's problem against the Raiders wasn't the RB's. They had no room and Oakland was NOT going to let them run from the shotgun. They clamped down on the run and short passing game.

So we went 'bombs away'. An interesting strategy I don't expect others to emulate. Most teams would rather die by 1000 cuts than give up big play after big play.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:48 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If teams are going to play us by crowding the line and playing cover 0 there aren't going to be running lanes.

We saw the Jags take a more passive approach to not get beat deep and lanes were huge, the Raiders go the other way and give up a bunch of huge passes...most teams don't have the balls to play the way the Raiders tried to because it leads to well giving up 5 straight 30 yard passes.
Yes.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:53 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Doesn’t feel like I’ve seen many pass plays to RBs coming out of the backfield.
Might be a misperception. Williams has been targeted 11 times in two weeks, has 9 catches for 87 yards, and both the two misses would have been long gainers. McCoy has another 4 catches on 4 targets, but not much in the way of yardage. They're still getting some shots.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:55 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Might be a misperception. Williams has been targeted 11 times in two weeks, has 9 catches for 87 yards, and both the two misses would have been long gainers. McCoy has another 4 catches on 4 targets, but not much in the way of yardage. They're still getting some shots.
Well, and we just played a game where our WR's were routinely matched up 1 on 1 down the field.

Mahomes isn't a guy who's going to let a defense get away with that shit.

Mahomes was just missing his RB's on those flares yesterday too. As crazy as it is... Mahomes was off yesterday. He threw for 440+ yards, 4 TD's, and 0 INT's anyway. He's unreal.

I feel like I'm trapped in the matrix and the only giveaway is that the chiefs have a QB who's just unrealistically awesome.
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 09-16-2019

#Chiefs RB LeSean McCoy suffered an ankle injury late in Sunday’s game and he’s having an MRI today, source said. At first glance, it doesnt appear to be major, but the MRI will tell alll.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 16, 2019

[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:15 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

22 carries
34 yards

Longest rush, 6 yards.
Now post his recieving numbers....
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:18 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hopefully that’s not more than a 1-2 week deal.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 17
1 234511 > Last »
Up