ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 255 of 341
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
bdj23 06:04 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Great. They’re hoping that all of us feel exactly the same way so that we will give up and roll over like cowards.
Who said anything about that?
[Reply]
Bwana 06:04 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He’s Talking about a fore-end pistol grip or T-grip. Some people like them, however I’ve read stories about accidents that have occurred with cheaper ones. Apparently after hard use, they can actually snap off. And there have been a couple cases of people shooting their own hand as it travels past the muzzle while holding a broken piece of polymer. So buy a really good one.

Yeah. I'm not a fan myself, they just get in the way, particularly if I'm out 4 wheeling. I had one on one of my AR's and ended up giving it a fling.
[Reply]
Munson 06:05 PM 11-07-2020
What is the current going rate for:

9mm
45 ACP
7.62 x 39
5.45 x 39
.22 LR
[Reply]
Bwana 06:17 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Munson:

9mm
45 ACP
7.62 x 39
5.45 x 39
.22 LR

Rape

That's the best way to describe it. It's outrageous, if you can even find some of it.
[Reply]
Munson 06:27 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Rape

That's the best way to describe it. It's outrageous, if you can even find some of it.
I'm only looking to sell, and don't want to let it go for cheap.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:31 PM 11-07-2020

9mm
45 ACP
7.62 x 39
5.45 x 39
.22 LR
go to the online guys. do a search for ammo. I use gunbroker. Never really realized (until typing this) that "broke" is in the address................LOL

The "buy it now" price is about the current "need it now" price in my opinion.
You can also play the auction game, which I do every day. works out about 1 out of 20.

The local guys (when they have it) are cheaper but I grew tired of spending time (which is money to me) hoping I catch them with inventory. Done with looking for deals. If I happen upon one, great.
What you want/need is out there. Gotta pay the piper
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:36 PM 11-07-2020
I'm only looking to sell, and don't want to let it go for cheap.
let me know what you have. 556, 9mm and 45 mostly
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:48 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I know we aren't supposed to talk politics on this side of the board, but what's the general consensus on Biden and his "buy back/ban" idea?

If this is gonna trigger a shit storm, feel free to delete. Just trying to get an idea without Rodeo shitting all over the thread.
Will not know how bad it may be until we know who controls the senate.
In the meantime, you can expect a couple of executive orders that are similar to what the 1994 "crime bill" was about. My opinion anyway.

Gun rights have a quasi advantage in the SCOTUS. Roberts is the wildcard.
2nd amendment advocates are in for some stormy waters (opinion again).
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:43 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Rape

Amen to that! I am so thankful that I stored up a couple of years ago. Can't say that I saw this coming, but I thought it would be the smart move to prepare for whatever.

As it is, my usual suppliers are now only operating on a "reserve" basis....hopefully they get more stock - but as it is now, I can't see it happening.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:53 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And need an opinion - tactical grip on the barrel. Yea or nay? I like them, but I've had a surprising number of people tell me they're just a waste of money.
If you get one, get one like this

These are smaller than a vertical grip, which will normally end up in the way. This grip is a handstop, it has a good design. It allows you to pull back with your hand, it gives you a “hook” to push into something. Both allow you to get a better base to get you more stable.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:57 PM 11-07-2020
I know we aren't supposed to talk politics on this side of the board, but what's the general consensus on Biden and his "buy back/ban" idea?

If this is gonna trigger a shit storm, feel free to delete. Just trying to get an idea without Rodeo shitting all over the thread.

Like Buehler said, if the Republicans keep the senate, nothing should change. If Republicans lose all 3 spots, we could be in for a real bad shit storm.

Edit: by 3 spots I mean President, House, and Senate.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:03 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
Like Buehler said, if the Republicans keep the senate, nothing should change. If Republicans lose all 3 spots, we could be in for a real bad shit storm.

Edit: by 3 spots I mean President, House, and Senate.

Indeed.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:55 PM 11-07-2020

These are smaller than a vertical grip, which will normally end up in the way. This grip is a handstop, it has a good design. It allows you to pull back with your hand, it gives you a “hook” to push into something. Both allow you to get a better base to get you more stable.
Good stuff.

I’ve never used either, but this is the direction I’d go. Mine has a standard M lock rail. I don’t have any trouble controlling it. I’m not trying crazy shit or speed stuff, I think my money is better spent elsewhere, but if I were going to do one it would be this.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:25 AM 11-08-2020

Yes, the bottom one looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. Gratis, my good man.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:41 AM 11-08-2020
Like for importing firearms and ammo? I thought we banned Chinese imports ages ago.

I have a bunch of China Sport norinco SKS ammo my dad picked up at a gun show in the 90s.
I think that could change soon. Either way, it would be nice to see something that is clearly in demand have the global market (if need be) aid with providing.

At this point, without a good/valid explanation, the market need outside (the US) help to meet.
[Reply]
Page 255 of 341
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305 > Last »
Up