ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 206 of 341
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256306 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Steron 12:58 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Have mags dramatically increased in price? What are they, $11? Get mag-puls. If you can find hex-mags try those.

More important than price point is reliability. Some mags won’t feed reliably in your gun. That’s bad juju if you ever really need it to run. Like when some dipstick is breaking into your house.
Prices seem to be all over the place between 10 and 20 bucks if you can find them in stock. It's getting tougher and tougher to find ammo and magazines. During my searching I came across a bunch of manufacturers at a lot of price points. I found a solid deal on new MOE M2 non-windowed. I think I'll go with those.

I'm no gun aficionado. I have several but I am no expert. I figured I would ask more informed people than myself.

**EDIT**
Ever used AMEND2s?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:08 PM 07-17-2020
Gen 3 Magpul

GI style metal mags from Brownell

Lancer L5

ETS mags (Elite Tactical Systems)

This is not any particular order
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:12 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Steron:
Prices seem to be all over the place between 10 and 20 bucks if you can find them in stock. It's getting tougher and tougher to find ammo and magazines. During my searching I came across a bunch of manufacturers at a lot of price points. I found a solid deal on new MOE M2 non-windowed. I think I'll go with those.

I'm no gun aficionado. I have several but I am no expert. I figured I would ask more informed people than myself.

**EDIT**
Ever used AMEND2s?
i have not used AMEND2.

I wasn't being snotty. I literally have no idea how much mags are right now. When they were cheap and plentiful ($5-7/mag) I bought a couple mags of several different brands and found that all of my ARs would run Mag-Pul G3s, so I bought a bunch of them. Most of which are still in plastic. I also bought replacement parts. I also found that mil-surp mags ran in all my guns. At $3/mag, I bought several of those as well.

Anyway, today everything gun-related seems to be scarce. My recommendation when this happens is to find and buy things that you know will work in your gun(s), and just deal with the price. You're going to want to wait until things settle down a couple years from now to stock up, so just get as many mags as you need for your purposes. So for example if I wanted to take a carbine class, I'd make sure I had at least 5 mags for drilling purposes. If just for plinking/HD, maybe 2 or 3 would be enough.

Forgot about TEOWAWKI. At least 8 mags bare minimum.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:23 PM 07-17-2020
Cheaper than dirt had em a few weeks ago for 11 bucks
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:33 PM 07-17-2020
Cant get into a beginner class until september.

Going to look around at other places.
[Reply]
hometeam 06:23 PM 07-17-2020
I prefer magpuls, but ive never had an issue with standard milspec metal mags either.

Both are cheap, but I mean why not 12 dollar magpuls on midway, they are in stock, and you buy 4 and they are free shipping.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319180134
[Reply]
Frazod 07:48 PM 07-17-2020
I use Magpuls exclusively now, with the exception of the 50 round drum mag I have.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:54 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I use Magpuls exclusively now, with the exception of the 50 round drum mag I have.

We were coming back "home" from Wyoming and decided to take the Northern route, stop in and see Wife's family.

Shortly after hitting South Dakota - we stopped at the Bass Pro there to take a break. I wandered up to the gun section. They had a barrel of Magpul mags there (folks from Colorado stream in there to buy mags) and I picked up 5 30 round mags and 5 40 round mags.

They are quite good! :-)
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:15 PM 07-18-2020
My new competition rifle build is all donezo.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:40 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by bigjosh:

Sexy
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:00 PM 07-18-2020

What do you use as a cheek riser?
[Reply]
bigjosh 04:43 AM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
What do you use as a cheek riser?

Doesnt seem to need one. Natural point of aim is right there at a quick shoulder. Im probably used to it because i never use a riser and my last competition rifle had a mft minimalist stock that was basically the same height as the foam pad on this buffer tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:52 AM 07-19-2020
Doesnt seem to need one. Natural point of aim is right there at a quick shoulder. Im probably used to it because i never use a riser and my last competition rifle had a mft minimalist stock that was basically the same height as the foam pad on this buffer tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool... I happen to love them...
[Reply]
Steron 07:51 AM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
i have not used AMEND2.

I wasn't being snotty. I literally have no idea how much mags are right now. When they were cheap and plentiful ($5-7/mag) I bought a couple mags of several different brands and found that all of my ARs would run Mag-Pul G3s, so I bought a bunch of them. Most of which are still in plastic. I also bought replacement parts. I also found that mil-surp mags ran in all my guns. At $3/mag, I bought several of those as well.

Anyway, today everything gun-related seems to be scarce. My recommendation when this happens is to find and buy things that you know will work in your gun(s), and just deal with the price. You're going to want to wait until things settle down a couple years from now to stock up, so just get as many mags as you need for your purposes. So for example if I wanted to take a carbine class, I'd make sure I had at least 5 mags for drilling purposes. If just for plinking/HD, maybe 2 or 3 would be enough.

Forgot about TEOWAWKI. At least 8 mags bare minimum.
Neither did I. I didn't take your reply like that all. Sorry if I came off that way. I'm just looking for input. Sometimes it's tough to read what a person wrote the way they meant it. All good.

I ended up with 10 M2's and 5 M3's. 16 mags should be enough. :-) Now I am working on ammo to fill them. This is tougher than finding the mags. I also came across a Sig Romeo 6H for dirt cheap. It now sits atop my AR.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:28 PM 07-20-2020
Signed up for my first hand gun class. Sept 12 is the earliest I could get.
I have never held a hand gun before.

If you are new to handguns or simply require a refresher on basic handgun skills and handling, then look no further. This course teaches you all you need to know to safely handle and shoot both semi-automatic and revolver pistols. You will gain confidence and skills necessary to safely own, operate and use a handgun. You are provided with all classroom materials, guns (.22 cal / 9mm / 38 revolver), ammunition, targets, hearing and eye protection. This course is approximately 4 Hours. (Class times can vary on number of students)
[Reply]
Page 206 of 341
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256306 > Last »
Up