ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 167 of 268
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177217267 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:18 AM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I get it, but honestly you're missing out. Just because it's not the Star Wars you expect doesn't mean it's shitty Star Wars, in spite of oaklandhater's uncontrolled rage about it. Lol
"WHAT ABOUT THE BLOODLINE!!1!1!!1!"

Just giving you shit oakland. :-)
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 10:39 AM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
"WHAT ABOUT THE BLOODLINE!!1!1!!1!"

Just giving you shit oakland. :-)
I don't care about the bloodline, but the movie was shit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:00 AM 12-22-2017

[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 11:00 AM 12-22-2017
So we went and watched this last Sunday, and I was really disappointed with the movie. As I watched everyone else be really disappointed with it, it confirmed my initial reaction. However since then as I read up on threads such as this, I start to gain an appreciation for the film, and things start to not bother me about it so much. The interview with Rian makes so much sense in hindsight. Going to see it a second time tomorrow and pretty sure I’m going to leave the theater liking it. Almost every single part I didn’t enjoy the first time around has become irrelevant after reading about how similar the prior films were in leaving the same “gaps”.
My biggest complaint is how the recent films allow other planets to see what’s happening on the other side of the galaxy in real-time (aka seeing the streaks of light and planets blowing up from the starkiller base laser, etc) when it’s established in the Star Wars universe that the speed of light is fairly similar to our understanding of it. But that’s a relatively small complaint while accepting the “force” and everything else sci-fi related.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:19 PM 12-22-2017
I bet this is a flashback in IX.

[Reply]
temper11 04:05 PM 12-22-2017
Alissa Wilkinson:
"There has to be a lot of expectations you come in with when you’re a fan yourself."

Rian Johnson:
"Yeah, absolutely. Especially when your job is to make a good movie, and making a good movie means drama, and drama means throwing roadblocks in the way of the easy answers and the expectations. That means in some ways you're going to be butting up against your own instincts as to what you as a fan want. You have to defy wish fulfillment in order to tell a good story — especially to tell a good second act of a story, which is what the middle chapter basically is. It was absolutely something we had to keep in mind. "

Temper:
I have never been more excited about the state of this franchise than I am right now. And as much shit as people give Disney... I think you have to applaud them. Rewriting Rogue One's ending to one in which everyone dies was bold and decidedly un-disney. Allowing Rian to think outside the box of "wish fulfillment" is incredibly un-Disneylike. I mean, one of their freakin' major tag lines for the last zillion years is "When you wish upon a star". Hats off to you Disney for not just throwing up some bubble gum crap... Star Wars is in good hands. The universe is wide the f*** open.
[Reply]
okcchief 04:50 PM 12-22-2017
I’ve never seen so many people change their opinion on a second viewing of a movie. I plan to watch it this week to see if I have the same reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:51 PM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by okcchief:
I’ve never seen so many people change their opinion on a second viewing of a movie. I plan to watch it this week to see if I have the same reaction.
Reactions have been very polarizing. Either you like where the story goes or it rubs you the wrong way.

For me, I didn't expect it to be structured the way it was presented or for many of the things that happened to even be on the table.

Once I was able to accept the story and get past the fact that it wasn't the path I'd have taken and just enjoy it for the story it told, the second viewing was infinitely more fun.

Hopefully, you'll have an experience like Hammock Parties and not like me or Bowser.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:53 PM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Reactions have been very polarizing. Either you like where the story goes or it rubs you the wrong way.

For me, I didn't expect it to be structured the way it was presented or for many of the things that happened to even be on the table.

Once I was able to accept the story and get past the fact that it wasn't the path I'd have taken and just enjoy it for the story it told, the second viewing was infinitely more fun.

Hopefully, you'll have an experience like Hammock Parties and not like me or Bowser.
Or like me that left you feeling empty and completely uncaring for the future of star wars
Rian johnson beat it out of me
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:06 PM 12-22-2017
Apparently being Yoda pulls you some really nice tail.

[Reply]
The Franchise 06:14 PM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Or like me that left you feeling empty and completely uncaring for the future of star wars
Rian johnson beat it out of me
We know.

No one fucking cares.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:25 PM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
We know.

No one ****ing cares.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:36 PM 12-22-2017
Looking over some of the Facebook Fan pages this thing gets ripped a new one, almost Green Lanternesque. I wonder if they have to Plan B the next one to get the fans back on board. Are the complaints fixable? I haven't seen it.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:46 PM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Looking over some of the Facebook Fan pages this thing gets ripped a new one, almost Green Lanternesque. I wonder if they have to Plan B the next one to get the fans back on board. Are the complaints fixable? I haven't seen it.
J.J can walk back a'lot of issues people have with the TLJ.

But it doesn't change the fact Disney gave Rian the keys to his own set of star wars movies.

That me and a'lot of other people are completely uninterested in now.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:54 PM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
J.J can walk back a'lot of issues people have with the TLJ.

But it doesn't change the fact Disney gave Rian the keys to his own set of star wars movies.

That me and a'lot of other people are completely uninterested in now.
Not a Hollywood fan boy. Who did Rogue One? Thought that sucked as to. It was all White Old guy bad/ minoritys good. Totally shit on my ability to enjoy the movie with the politics injected. About walked out of the damn thing.
[Reply]
Page 167 of 268
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177217267 > Last »
Up