ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos have no QB vs Saints
KC Hawks 05:10 PM 11-28-2020
:-)

All the QBs on the Broncos' roster are ineligible to play Sunday against the Saints after being deemed high-risk, close contacts, sources tell ESPN.

None were wearing masks at the time of exposure, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 28, 2020

Broncos will not be forfeiting, per source.

Short of luring GM John Elway out of retirement, it sets up as the most unexpected NFL scene of 2020. Broncos have no QBs for a game against the Saints. https://t.co/ig4knEI9vQ

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 28, 2020

[Reply]
MahiMike 11:43 AM 11-29-2020
If they were Steelers or Ravens, they'd move this game. Guess the rules are selective.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:45 AM 11-29-2020
Denver tried to get one of their offensive quality control coaches eligible to play QB today but the NFL said no. :-)

Link: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-denied-league

Originally Posted by :
The Denver Broncos are starting undrafted rookie practice squad wide receiver Kendall Hinton at quarterback Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, but the team wanted their starting QB to be Rob Calabrese, their offensive quality control coach for the past two years, sources told ESPN on Sunday.

Denver felt that Calabrese had the strongest command of its offense and he could run the system better than anybody, sources told ESPN. The league denied those requests that were made throughout the day Saturday, saying that the Broncos could not activate a coach to their active roster. The league doesn't want coaching staffs being storage areas for potential players, sources said.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:45 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They have to pass two test, 2 or 3 days apart, IIRC. They can't join their new team for 5 days.
Well isn't THAT a vote of no confidence for the tests being accurate? What if they passed two different tests 2 hours apart and they used two different machines?

It's all part of the larger game.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:47 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’m certainly no Bronco lover, but they are getting screwed here.
After reading this morning the Donkey's QB's didn't cooperate with contact tracing I say fuck em.
[Reply]
Athis 11:47 AM 11-29-2020
This is no gimme game for the Saints.. Trust me, I have seen the Saints play a Cardinals team in 2010 with a rookie QB Max Hall.. The Saints were SB Champs that year and it was a total upset. The Saints still have to play Denver's defense and the refs...
[Reply]
JakeF 11:48 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
If they were Steelers or Ravens, they'd move this game. Guess the rules are selective.
Actually there's very specific rules about when the virus pushes a game back and when it doesn't. I guess since violating the rules caused the problem Denver doesn't get to benefit from moving the game.

Everyone certainly is determined to blame the league. People usually complain because the league favors Denver.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:48 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Well isn't THAT a vote of no confidence for the tests being accurate? What if they passed two different tests 2 hours apart and they used two different machines?

At this point is obvious they are punishing the Broncos for clear policy violations which I suppose could work out for the long term now they all know what could happen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Nope.

That's just not correct.
[Reply]
notorious 11:49 AM 11-29-2020
Denver used to be the darlings, now they are insignificant.

Tough shit.
[Reply]
tk13 11:49 AM 11-29-2020

Per @JamesPalmerTV, there are people in the #Broncos building who have not even met Kendall Hinton. Now, Denver’s starting QB! Let’s get nuts.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 29, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

The spacing of the tests is to make sure that they cover the incubation period, not because they're worried about false negatives.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 11-29-2020
Watch the Broncos win this game.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:51 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
But it’s not just “punishing” Denver... it is also hurting the teams who will be negatively impacted by the Saints getting a likely free win (i.e. the NFC teams battling the Saints for playoff positioning).
Yup if I’m a Packers, Rams or Seahawks fan I’m pissed.

No Brees, no Armstead, no Peat and Latimore has reportedly been slowed down with an abdomen issue.

This was a perfect trap game for Denver to get a win
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:02 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup if I’m a Packers, Rams or Seahawks fan I’m pissed.

No Brees, no Armstead, no Peat and Latimore has reportedly been slowed down with an abdomen issue.

This was a perfect trap game for Denver to get a win
It still is.

Honestly, the defense is decent. Lock is the worst QB in the league and the only person close is Sam Darnold. Lock's QBR is something like 40. :-)

EDIT: Only 2 starting QB's have more INT's than Lock (Wentz and Cousins) and he's only played 8 games to their 10. If Denver can run the ball and not throw picks, they have a chance to win.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:03 PM 11-29-2020

Wow. The Broncos will go into Sunday with no quarterback on the roster that they could even start.

Extending their streak to 5 years and counting. https://t.co/aGmBZzHOGk

— Hawk (@Hawk) November 28, 2020

Hawkins :-)
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up